Game Unranked All Fiction Favorites Mafia (GAME THREAD! GAME OVER!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
coliseum-sunrise-3000-pcs-high-quality-collection_eBK193N.jpg

Format: Role Madness
Flavor/Theme:
[REDACTED]
Role Madness refers to a type of game where most or all of the players have power roles; that is, there are few to no true vanilla town-roles. All roles have power roles and/or abilities. These types of games have been known to include unique roles designed by the moderator's whim as well, further increasing the potential for confusion and misdirection.
Because this is an unranked game and formatted as a role madness type, please remember the game is not meant to be taken with 'extreme' seriousness or stress for playing it. This is more of a fun and flashy game set-up and no stats derived from this game will be counted in official records or data with ranked ones. Just enjoy yourselves and play the game to your abilities.

Players: 20 (currently)

IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER OR AUTHORIZED "NON PLAYER" (I.E. COHOST OR VOTE COUNTER) IN THIS GAME - DO NOT POST. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Welcome my first OLF hosted Mafia! In this game, players have submitted a pair of their favorite characters from different media formats and mediums: anime, manga, video games, comic books, book series, TV shows, and movies, to be used as roles in this game.

Town is the uniformed majority and the primary 'protagonists' of the game; all town roles will have at least 1 active ability and a passive-skill as well as voting power. Their win-condition is the elimination of any and all direct threats to town's survival.

Mafia is the informed minority and the primary 'antagonists' of the game; all mafia roles will have at least 2 active abilities and a passive-skill as well as voting power. Their win-condition is the elimination of any all direct threats to their faction's survival. There also may be only one or multiple mafia factions in the game, this will not be elaborated upon any further with player inquiry during the game.

Independents are the uniformed minority and the 'deuteragonists' of the game; there is no standard or uniformity with how each independent roles will have with active abilities, passive-skills, voting powers, or win-conditions. Some may be Survivors, others could be potential Serial-Killers, others yet still may be town-aligned or mafia-aligned, the roles and condition will vary.

Example contrasting a typical town role and a typical mafia role:

Town:
You have received the character "example";

Your active ability is Devil's Eyes: which allows you to track the movements of a player for two nights in a role and there is a cooldown phase between use. Any action taken by that player, unless another ability interferes, will be reported back to you.

Your passive-skill is Night Watcher: you will be able to also see the true vote count at the end of every day phase and will be sent that report by the game host or cohost. This does not reveal directly who has extra voting power but it will let you understand the context of the votes and make your conclusions from there. You are also untrackable and cannot have your actions investigated or detected at any time.

Your voting power: You have standard voting power which is one vote when casting it during the day phase toward a lynch.
Mafia:
You have received the character "scum example";

Your primary active ability is Lightning Cutter: which allows you to perform an extra kill outside of the normal faction-kills your faction is allowed, every other night phase...i.e...you may perform this ability in night 1 but it will not be resuable against until night 2. The ability is a two-shot and once exhausted, is no longer reusable.

Your secondary active ability is Example 2 ability: which allows you to do x when y is doing their ability and protects you from investigations for that phase when performing a faction-kill.

Your passive-skill is Unseen Death: you will turn up as innocent/town-aligned if scanned normally in night phase. However if you are performing your Lightning Cutter ability in said phase when you are being targeted, you will be revealed as part of the mafia faction and the results of a scanning or tracking will reflect your true nature as a mafia-aligned faction player and the rest of your passive-skill ability will not apply.

Your voting power: You have standard voting power which is one vote when casting it during the day phase toward a lynch.

Independent:
You have received the character "independent example";

Your primary active ability is Time-Stopper: which allows you to stop-time during the night phase for everyone but yourself. During the interval of frozen/paused time, you may act as you see fit, redirecting actions, altering attacks and targets, and so forth. The host will submit a list of actions and the targeted individuals but not the names of who were performing the actions in said night phase, you may alter them or do nothing as you see fit. This ability may only be used 2x and cannot be used in consecutive night phases back to back; i.e. if performed in night 2, it will not be available again until night 4.

Your secondary active ability is: Example 3 ability: which lets you teleport away from any hostile actions from said player and not be effected by any attempts to kill, super-kill, role-block/role-crush you, or have any other negative status effect you in said night phase or ensuing and following day phase.

Your passive-skill is Immortal Vampire: you will turn up as neutral-aligned if scanned. The report the player investigating you will receieve either a "results failed" or "innocent" from the host subsequently. You cannot have your voting power sealed, stolen, or taken from you by any means barring the entire lynch phase being hijacked or altered by a super-role ability.

Your voting power: You have two votes instead of one when casting it during the day phase toward a lynch.
List of Action Types
  1. Active abilities: Abilities that require input from the player and typically target another person in order to carry out actions (Kills, investigations, protections, etc.).​
  2. Passive abilities: Abilities that are latent and part of the role without any micromanagement from the player (Bulletproof, Immune to investigations, Unlynchable, etc.)​
  3. Conditional effect: Something that affects either active or passive abilities based on certain triggers or criteria being met (i.e Player X gets lynched which triggers an increase in Player Y's kill power, which upgrades their kills to superkills).​
  4. One-Shots: Typically powerful abilities that can only be used once throughout the whole game.​

Miscellaneous Information:

- Superkills, as defined in this game, are kills with the ability to bypass protection and regular 'bulletproof' status. Superprotects will be able to ward against superkills.
- Failed kill attempts will NOT appear in the write-up, regardless of reason for failure.
- Not all actions will appear in write-ups. In fact, many don't. Keep that in mind.
- I will not provide vote counts until after votes have locked. You and your fellow players are responsible for keeping track of the votes.
- Play to win. Don't cheat. Don't throw. Don't be a douche. Have fun.
- All roles were randomly assigned. Player A may have received Player F's role, Player F's role may have received Player Y's role. Player X POSSIBLY could have received Player X's role, but it is wholly up to chance.
- As host, my judgment is final regarding actions and the process of them during both the day and night phases portions of the game.
- Do not accuse the host of impropriety or deception: I have been direct about everything as the game host.

Special game mechanics:

- There are none in this game as it is not a bastard set-up

MVP

After the game has ended, I will award the player who I felt performed and played the best the award of 'Most Valuable Player', there is potential that the MVP status can be shared by a second player if I am unable to elevate the top two players over one another when evaluating their performances.

HMs

After the game has ended, I will award up to three other players the award of 'Honorable Mentions' for having performances and actions that worked in the game and evaulate them as only secondary to the top player or players of the game.

RULES (REQUIRED READING)

-Please try to post at least ONCE per day. There will be no actual official requirement, but I will bother you if you fail to do so, as you are effectively not playing the game.

-Role revealing is allowed in Day 3 and onward. However you may do this at your own peril!

-Do NOT post HARD evidence of your role. That is, do not screenshot or directly quote your role PM. Doing so is considered cheating and will result in an immediate and instant modkill. No debate, no hesitation.

-Do NOT edit your posts. You WILL NOT get away with this, and if I notice it, you WILL be punished for it. This is a unranked game...just double-post or triple-post.

-DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS OUTSIDE THE GAME. Whether they are players or not, DON'T TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THE GAME IN THIS THREAD. Doing so is considered cheating and will result in an immediate modkill.

-DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME WHEN YOU ARE DEAD. DEATH is NOT necessarily the end. This means don't use the ratings in place of posts as well! Doing so is considered cheating and will result in an immediate modkill. You however may be allowed an innocuous gratitude post ("Thanks for the game, Aurelian!, etc...). I will have a dead-chat set-up in private-message convos for dead players once the first player is killed.

-DO NOT NIGHT POST unless you are otherwise allowed to do so either by the host's blessing or if your role allows. Players are allowed to post during the DAY phase which is the phase allotted for discussion but the NIGHT phase is primarily for submitting and resolving actions. Doing so is considered cheating and will be penalized on a case-by-case basis depending on the context and severity of the offense.

Game Information

- Day Phase: This is the period of the game where players are allowed to post and vote. This phase will last 24 hours where the player who has received the most votes will be 'lynched'. This lynch will result in killing them and removing them from the game...usually.

- In the event of a tie in the votes in day 1, the result may end in a no-lynch. From day 2 and onward the two top lynch vote candidates will have the day phase go into a secondary lynch vote process again with the two pit against each other. In the event of another tie, the one with the latest vote will be lynched.

- After day 4 or day 5 potentially; depending on the total number of players remaining, the process may change from timed 24 hours to shorter if both the host and players are in agreement with at that advanced stage of the game.

- You will vote by using the following format: [Vote Lynch X]. Votes not made in this format will not be accepted. I will do my best to notify players who have made invalid votes. You are also required to spell the username fully when voting to lynch a player.

- You can change votes by either typing a new [Vote Lynch X] or typing [Change Vote Lynch X] both are acceptable.

- You may [Vote No Lynch] if you don't want anyone to be lynched.

- Failure to vote will result in a mandatory self-vote.

- Vote counts provided by the host may not accurately reflect actual vote values! Be aware of this!

Night Phase
: This is the period of the game where you are not allowed to post (unless otherwise instructed to or if your role permits it). This phase will last 24 hours typically and is the phase with the most actions by far.

- In later part of the game, the night phase will be shortened as the players are exhausted from the game.

Host List:

- Aurelian
- Flower (Cohost)

Player List:

1. Xenos5
  2. CraigPelton (Frieza)
  3. Psychic (Bayonetta)
  4. Ekkologix
  5. Grammaton
  6. Hans Tweetenberg
  7. Ratchet (Parasite/Serial Killer)
  8. Oneiros
  9. Doddsy (Yoshikage Kira)
  10. Lethal
  11. Sigismund
  12. Fujishiro
  13. Nevermind
  14. T-Pein (Jim Halpert)
  15. Flower (Arianrhod)
  16. Retrolize
  17. Ultra
  18. MangoSenpai (Darth Revan)
  19. Aries (Candle Jack)
  20. Goth Boy (Vincent Valentine)
  21. One Last Username
  22. Xadlin

Town List:
1. Aries (Candle Jack)
2. Psychic (Bayonetta)
3. Flower (Arianrhod)
4. T-Pein (Jim Halpert)

Mafia List:
1. Goth Boy (Mafia Team Maroon)
2. MangoSenpai (Mafia Team Maroon)
3. CraigPelton (Mafia Team Maroon)
4. Doddsy (Mafia Team Red)

Independent List:
1. Ratchet (Serial Killer)
2. Retrolize (Pro-Mafia)

Last edited:
First event: Flower the Innocent Child is revealed!

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
EVENT INCOMING!

FLOWER IS THE INNOCENT CHILD!
FLOWER IS ARIANRHOD!

272.jpg
Your wincon: Defeating all hostile factions to Town. Eliminating mafia.

Your primary active ability is non-applicable: You have none.

Your passive skill is Innocent Child: You will be revealed immediately at the start of the game as town with your alignment and character by the host in the first day phase as it starts.

Your secondary hidden passive ability is ?!?!?!?!?!?

Your voting power
: You have two votes instead of one when casting it during the day phase toward a lynch. Even if targeted with vote suppression or any other hostile vote tampering mechanic, you will still have at least 1 vote active on a target of your choice.

Last edited:

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Flower-Chaaaaan! :ryuaww

Wonderful to have you as confirmed town right off the bat ❤️

Let's get this party started! :cattap

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Huh. I guess most players are asleep right about now?

Well I got to get some sleep soon myself, anyway. I'll look forward to seeing how my submissions get translated into this game. Especially the 2nd one :blobtrin

Boobies

THE BEAR
Advisor
Hey everyone, just a heads up, I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow, and I'm also bretty drained from the last game, so expect low low levels of activity from me, compared to my norm. Like Dodd level posting. Just wanted to get that out of the way and ask bretty brease to not to hold it against me! I am town but gonna be keeping it unusually low key af.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back