Ask Me Anything Related to One Last Forum

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
How much does it cost per year after the initial investment to keep the forum running?
It often depends on the growth of the forum, if we need to upgrade the server to compensate for the increased traffic and concurrent users, if we need to renew add-on's for continued support and updates, domain name renewals....fuck man there's so much to running a forum that people simply don't know about. In hindsight, I'm willing to break it all down in a future thread if people are interested? From deciding on hosting, to buying the right domain name, and all the options at your disposal.

EagleGSU

Illustrious
It often depends on the growth of the forum, if we need to upgrade the server to compensate for the increased traffic and concurrent users, if we need to renew add-on's for continued support and updates, domain name renewals....fuck man there's so much to running a forum that people simply don't know about. In hindsight, I'm willing to break it all down in a future thread if people are interested? From deciding on hosting, to buying the right domain name, and all the options at your disposal.
It really does seem like there's a lot that goes into it. The extent of my forum running experience comes from back in 2004 on Invisionfree.

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
It really does seem like there's a lot that goes into it. The extent of my forum running experience comes from back in 2004 on Invisionfree.
I would love to give everyone here a chance to learn how to build their own forum from scratch now that things are a bit more advanced. Possibly a thread where I go over this some day in a future tech section here?

E

Example

Unconfirmed
Is there a way to widen the banner a bit so that some text saying "One Last Forum" can be added on it?
Aside from the banner appearing is a thin gray line for some reason when viewed on mobile, that is.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Is there a way to widen the banner a bit so that some text saying "One Last Forum" can be added on it?
Aside from the banner appearing is a thin gray line for some reason when viewed on mobile, that is.
Working on a fix for multi-banner support depending on device; will have more info soon!

Back