Banjo Kazooie VS Banjo Tooie

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Larger doesn't always mean better, like the Completionist on YouTube says when he came back to review and complete Tooie. I liked the first game because it was simple and straight to the point, whereas Tooie had improved mechanics, but was pretty dark, especially after seeing Bonetilda and also our mole friend dead af :dank

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
That's a good point you make about Tooie being darker than Kazooie. Banjo Kazooie always worked better as a fun, light hearted adventure. At least it's not Conker's Bad Fur Day level dark. LOL.

Reactions: Ral

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Tooie is the superior game in all the traditional aspects, but there's just something about the first one that had an intangible magic that Tooie didn't have. Novelty played its part I guess, and I will always remember my time as a kid in the late 90s fondly, so that might play it's part, too. 1998 was quite a year.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i didn't finish either of them but the first one is too much of a classic to rate lower.

the fake jinjos in tooie used to scare me lmao

Reactions: Ral

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
How does Donkey Kong 64 stack up to these two in quality in you guys' opinions?

I actually prefer Donkey Kong 64 over Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, but maybe that's because I grew up with Donkey Kong 64 and played Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie later.

Back