Best Tanks in Fiction

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
not literal army tanks although maybe one fits

but characters that can take way more damage than they can dish out, curious about these since more often than not it's the other way around

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
300px-Purple_vok.jpg

these fuckers have maybe the highest disparity between dc and dura i've ever seen

literally 0 offensive feats, have to get other people to do anything for them

but they can't be killed because they exist across every divergent universe, plane of existence, the past present and future, and consciousness itself

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
300px-Purple_vok.jpg

these fuckers have maybe the highest disparity between dc and dura i've ever seen

literally 0 offensive feats, have to get other people to do anything for them

but they can't be killed because they exist across every divergent universe, plane of existence, the past present and future, and consciousness itself
Who are they again? The mfers from Transformers right?

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
the Vok from transformers yeah

what they are is up to interpretation as every writer handling them has contradictory ideas about it, I'm not sure if there's one single canon explanation yet

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And Accelerator... sort of? :hm
Accelerator hits hard in general and often above his weight class, if just for the option of sending an opponents attack back at them.

Beginning Child is almost entirely an adaptive/defensive power.

Everyone could tell that her surroundings changed each time she did so. Molten rock would fill the world with an orange light or a thick layer of ice would cover everything, but her power was nothing as cliché as producing fire or water from her hand.

She would designate a specific living creature and supply the ideal environment for that creature’s survival.

In a way, it was a localized form of terraforming.

If the conditions were right, she could survive being thrown onto the moon or Mars. In fact, she could survive being thrown into the center of a black hole or the Big Bang without issue. After all, her power would remake the area around her into the environment needed to survive.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
not literal army tanks although maybe one fits

but characters that can take way more damage than they can dish out, curious about these since more often than not it's the other way around
The Nameless One. Boy howdy, normally he is only around universal level in terms of firepower. However, his immortality makes him damn near impossible to kill even in the context of Planescape: Torment. He can only be killed in an extremely specific plane that exists outside of the multiverse, and even then, you need something truly ridiculous like existential self-denial erasure that warps reality through sheer willpower by retroactively denying that you ever existed or a weapon forged by Coaxmetal. The same person who provides the weapons for the Blood War, and who is a threat to the multiverse due to his connection to entropy.

Even nerfed? His immortality is that crazy.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
And in the former case he is the one who kills himself by willing himself out of existence. So, his immortality crippled in a highly specific dimension, and somebody as powerful as himself, is the bare necessity to kill him.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
And in the former case he is the one who kills himself by willing himself out of existence. So, his immortality crippled in a highly specific dimension, and somebody as powerful as himself, is the bare necessity to kill him.
Sounds oddly similar to Goetia and Solomon's situation :mjlol

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
scp 682. He aint called the hard to kill reptile for nothing
i dont think 682 would count since they just keep amping the mother fucker to always match or be stronger than the thing hurting him unless its 173.

096 would probably be a better example

Back