Bleach Thread

4d0bvz0qfg1a1.jpg

I can actually go with this take.
It legit makes sense on why Ichigo never really bothered to wear a Mask and to be more frank, he would have known to be able to use Hollow Techniques like Sonido as well since Hollow Ichigo knows them as well.
Some even said he used Pesquida to avoid further detection at that as well which is why we get the Sternritter stating they can't track him nor do they try and intercept him.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yes now THIS I have pretty much NOTHING negative to say about it, EASILY the best episode so far and the only one (so far) I will rank the maximum 10/10.

Ichigo displaying a RAGE that even dwarfes what he displayed against Tsukishima, really gets across how much he cares about the Soul Society and the friends he's made there, and therefore how much what Mustache has done DISGUSTS him. This is Ichigo at his best, when he's just pissed off and fucking shit up.

Extending this fight was much needed as it makes Ichigo look a lot less like a bitch after being built up so much for the entire invasion. While I would have liked either Hollow Ichigo or a H2 transformation, I'm actually happy with what we got here.

The brutality of the original Gotei was about what Mustache described yeah, and having Mustache get back-stabbed by Chojiro actually explains a lot about how easily Yamamoto beat him before (and how little he knew of Yama's Bankai).

Yes obviously there is still the "twist" but my issue with it was never simply that it was there, it was how little it actually mattered going forward outside of serving to give Ichigo a generic power boost. So it will be up to later episodes to make a lot more use of Ichigo's Quincy heritage to make up for how poorly it was done in the manga.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Bleach ep 72

One of the better episodes and probably one of my favorites rn.

Ichigo and rukia had some great banter (at the expense of Ishida's sleep) it was nice seeing Hanataro finally get a job ( also seems like he got an older looking gigai for some reason) seeing Ganju and Hanataro reunite was also nice.

The best moment in the episode though is obviously Ichigo becoming an arsonist and exploding the hospital hallway.

Though there were some dumb moments like Rukia not getting out of her gigai, like I get she was the support, but now that she's got her shinigami powers back I was hoping to see her take out her zanpakuto and fight on her own.

And Mr. GETSUGA TENSHOOO!!! complaining about not having enough firepower without ever using Getsuga tensho:why

Other than that good ep.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Bleach ep 72

One of the better episodes and probably one of my favorites rn.

Ichigo and rukia had some great banter (at the expense of Ishida's sleep) it was nice seeing Hanataro finally get a job ( also seems like he got an older looking gigai for some reason) seeing Ganju and Hanataro reunite was also nice.
Yeah there's some good comedy with those two, though I do wish they got to actually do more.
The best moment in the episode though is obviously Ichigo becoming an arsonist and exploding the hospital hallway.
I mean he had to get away from the water somehow. :maybe
Though there were some dumb moments like Rukia not getting out of her gigai, like I get she was the support, but now that she's got her shinigami powers back I was hoping to see her take out her zanpakuto and fight on her own.
She doesn't have her powers back ENTIRELY yet, so she was likely trying to avoid using too much power if she could help it. This also explains why she doesn't use her Shikai in this arc (other than they obviously didn't want to spoil the reveal of it in the Arrancar arc).
And Mr. GETSUGA TENSHOOO!!! complaining about not having enough firepower without ever using Getsuga tensho:why
I think he meant literal FIRE-power given they were dealing with water but I see what you mean.
Other than that good ep.
You're coming up on one of my favourite moments of the arc which is when Uryu gets to have a conversation with Yoshino (that's the female Bount with the fire doll Goethe). It's where the story really started to intrigue me and made her one of my favorite characters.

81h7j6jv7e2a1.jpg

We finally got names for the 13 Divisions... and the leakers are primarily right in this instance:
  1. Yamamoto Genryusai Shigekuni
  2. Shihouin Chika
  3. Izuhara Kinroku
  4. Shijima Chigiri
  5. Obana Danjirou
  6. Saitou Furoufushi (furoufushi means doesnt grow old, doesnt die, meaning perpetual youth and immortality! interesting..)
  7. Shigyou Nobutsuna
  8. Katoribatsu Unsai
  9. Kumoi Entetsu
  10. Outogawa Furuoki
  11. Unohana Yachiru
  12. Zenjou Jiuhin
  13. Sakahone Saizou

From Bleach Reddit

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
5/10

Just kind of a meh/average episode this week. We've passed the peak of the arc and are kind of reaching the point shit's gotta start majorly changing or we're gonna be watching the anime equivalent of a train wreck from now on. :maybe

Hopefully Unohana actually survives and gets a chance to actually be her own character and not just a shitty plot device to keep Zaraki relevant...but I doubt it. I did like how even Tenjiro was pointing out that she should be fucking fighting.

Oh well, at least I've still got Rukia's Bankai to look forward to.

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I actually liked Unohana vs. Kenpachi.

Even though Inwas hoping for more.
My big issue with it is that Unohana had been hyped up since Soul Society, then she only gets ONE fight in which not only is it revealed that she's just Kenpachi but with tits, but she is then killed off without even getting to help fight off the Nazis in the second invasion. She was less an actual character and more of a plot device who existed solely to prop up Zaraki and keep him relevant going into the rest of the final arc.

I would have preferred that she survive and go on to have at least one fight in the Second Invasion where she could then die, sticking to the theme of the Nazis' existence being the fault of the OG Gotei for not completely killing them all and therefore have all the OGs die. Hell Unohana would have been a good way to show off Haschwalth, since he never really gets a chance to live up to his hype.

I just felt Unohana was WASTED and should have gotten a lot more for all the hype she had and how long we had to wait for the payoff.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Well some characters are just meant to be plot characters and static characters, and it seems Unohana is one of those.

I can understand why some people didn;t think she would.

Decided to go watch Episode 5 of the Dub and a few things stuck out to me:
- In relation to what we've seen in Episode 7, Ichigo's Sword truly was cracking when he was trying to break out of Quilge's Jail if you look when he stabs the center of the Jail. That ultimately means Ichigo's Sword didn't start breaking because of his fight with Yhwach or Haschwalth but as I stated before him literally getting constant backlashes from Getsuga Tenshou and going at it full blast. And Johnny is definitely going to have Ichigo go full 1000% MAD as he clearly has Ichigo breaking down through trying to get out of The Jail(Well there was Tsukishima and he did that great).

- Yeah, we was not going to get Neil Kaplan shouting super hard when Yamamoto burned Driscoll to shit... but I don't even think the Japanese VA did that either. We still get the undercurrent that Yamamoto is fucking 1000% MAD so that works.

- Patrick Seitz as Kenpachi Zaraki... he dropped the extremely gravely talk which honestly didn't work. So he hilariously comes closer to talking like Isshin at times but it's more like a hick DIO instead.

- I've seen people bitch about the fact that many of the English VA have left and outside of the stupid shit with Jameison Price, the replacements still work fine. People are also complaining about the dual casting but that never made sense to me either...
As long as the person can do the personalities of the character, I really don't give a rat's ass.

- The Dub actually does have Yamamoto actually explain the reason for his nicknames finely enough and without it coming off as forced so that's cool too.

- Unfortunately, they are calling Yhwach in the English version like the Japanese version does... which is wrong similarly to them going with the W sound rather than V for Vandenreich. This is especially weird considering Ebern was voiced by a German speaker in the Dub and actually voiced actual German for the ritual.

I'm going to be looking forward to Yamamoto's swan song and getting to hear more English Yhwach or more Evil Old Man Joseph/Raiden

tycx0wvh9t3a1.jpg

Honestly, this is why I can see people having issues with Kubo's work.
Because this was actually hinted at in the Anime and the Manga... but unless you have the official Manga, you won't really get that Ichigo's power truly does fluctuate with his mental level.
I wondered the hell was going on with Ichigo vs. Grimmjow and the whole "Plot Power" BS that Blade and everyone else hated... but with this shit, it just proves the fucker literally gimps himself if he isn't in the right mindstate till the Fullbringer Arc.

He honestly should put this stuff in the Chapter to make it more apparent.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Pretty good episode and already adding new stuff to Zaraki vs Yachiru to at least give it some good choreography, it's a nice start.

Probably was the only one this happened to but Ichigo asking if they should really be eating at a time like this reminded me of Final Fantasy X after Sin destroys Kilika. With Tidus (who has the same Jap VA as Ichigo) questioning if they should be playing a game after so many people just died, though Wakka similarly shut him down because it helps keep the morale of the people of Spira up. Just triggered my nostalgia so I give it an extra point. :maybe

Unohana is still just gonna be fem Kenpachi by the look of it so I don't except them to enhance her character at all and Shunsui's line basically confirms she's still gonna die, so still a huge waste but I suppose that's next episode's problem. Did like her deflecting Zaraki's swings with her hands and feet though, can't wait for people to try and argue it's still just skill she beats him for this whole fight, despite her point blank calling him "weak". :kobeha

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
tbh

i wouldn't mind a 20 episodes mini arc, with the og captains, gaiden style

would

even

more fit and elaborate the arc, those extra flashbacks are good but needs more info on them

Back