Bleach Thread

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
You know I wonder why Fullbringer Ichigo, Tsukishima, and Ginjo seem to get downplayed a lot. I mean its probably FN being FN but, Tsukishima was capable of blitzing Byakuya even before he cut him to cut his sword, and then after using BOTE was capable of easily avoiding Senbonzakura to the point where he cut his Shikai and forced him to Bankai and was still easily outpacing him. Byakuya only won that fight cause he went OOC and donuted Tsukishima.

It was stated that Ichigo with his incomplete Fullbring was already nearing his previous Soul Reaper powers, I'm going to say FKT arc. And his complete Fullbring was equal to his previous shinigami power which Ginjo stole.

Yet people think that Fullbring Ichigo isn't actually equal to his shinigami self and that Ginjo is way weaker.

You know I wonder why Fullbringer Ichigo, Tsukishima, and Ginjo seem to get downplayed a lot. I mean its probably FN being FN but, Tsukishima was capable of blitzing Byakuya even before he cut him to cut his sword, and then after using BOTE was capable of easily avoiding Senbonzakura to the point where he cut his Shikai and forced him to Bankai and was still easily outpacing him. Byakuya only won that fight cause he went OOC and donuted Tsukishima.

It was stated that Ichigo with his incomplete Fullbring was already nearing his previous Soul Reaper powers, I'm going to say FKT arc. And his complete Fullbring was equal to his previous shinigami power which Ginjo stole.

Yet people think that Fullbring Ichigo isn't actually equal to his shinigami self and that Ginjo is way weaker.

The main reason people downplayed the Fullbringers is similar to how they see Chad, Orihime and the like:

They legit believe there's no way normal humans can do the things that they can do and just become as strong as Captains that have been training for a year and a half and give them bigger troubles than the Espada.

It's the typical Shonen shit where people expect power ramps and when most of the Fullbringers easily fell to Lieutenants, they fail to understand that Tsukishima and Ginjou was always meant to be big fishes.
So yeah, that's why. It's like how people fail to understand that Haku and Zabuza really were big threats for their paygrade and thus wonder why people have issues with them being revived when they was from the first arc.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
The main reason people downplayed the Fullbringers is similar to how they see Chad, Orihime and the like:

They legit believe there's no way normal humans can do the things that they can do and just become as strong as Captains that have been training for a year and a half and give them bigger troubles than the Espada.

It's the typical Shonen shit where people expect power ramps and when most of the Fullbringers easily fell to Lieutenants, they fail to understand that Tsukishima and Ginjou was always meant to be big fishes.
So yeah, that's why. It's like how people fail to understand that Haku and Zabuza really were big threats for their paygrade and thus wonder why people have issues with them being revived when they was from the first arc.
See I can -somewhat- see this with Ginjo cause right after he stole Ichigo's Fullbring(which was equal to his previous Soul Reaper powers) Ichigo immediately gets his soul reaper powers back(by a sword filled with the reiatsu of every one of import in Seireitei including CC Yamamoto) and starts beating Ginjo's ass(in a new Soul Reaper form looked very different cause the remnants of his fullbring fused with it and so much stronger than his previous self that Ichigo's Shikai Air Slash was mistaken for a Getsuga Tensho).

But Tsukishima??? :mjlol Bruh Tsukishima was playing with Byakuya throughout the entire fight, was all "oh no I can't get near you cause of SBK" before the trap he put sprung and Tsukishima literally blitzed Byakuya to cut his sword. BOTE allowed him to know all of Byakuya's moves after Byakuya was explicitly training after the war with Aizen thus stronger than his HM self. And was keeping up with him even after Byakuya switched up his game.

Would've won the fight if he hadn't gone so easy on Byakuya that he could donut him.

FN: Oh he was going easy on Tsukishima!

They would cry.

Yeah, that's how ridiculous Bleach fans are. It's especially funny that in CFYOW, Tsukishima and Ginjou after training with Kukakku was able to take on Candice and actually give her a fight... despite her being able to tangle with Captains post HM herself.

Going through Episode 10 now, yeah Unohana still died(Still a waste if you want to be honest) from fighting Zaraki though they still tried to make it matter some more and fully showed she died there.
They actually showed off what "Minazuki" can do and it's hilariously more apparent we was all completely off base and it's closer to what Bleach Brave Souls has her do... and yet it's still scratching the surface.

She creates an entire field of blood that she can freely manipulate to heal her, create Blood shockwaves and a massive cutting sphere with it.
They do give her and Zaraki an extended fight sequence both in the flashback and the fight itself.
I STILL want her to appear in the Hell Arc as I feel that again, she still has more to do, especially in regards to Isane being the Squad 4 Captain.
The Anime does do something I was wondering for quite some time and it finally answered it:
Unohana seems to actually have a decent reign over BOTH of her sanity and "insanity" all at once and she literally flips on a dime between both of them. I... honestly like that.

EDIT: To add in the rest of my review, the later part of the episode basically goes through the typical motions of what Nimaya but Ichigo and Renji through but the ending makes it EXTREMELY CLEAR Ichigo never actually fought with an actual Asauchi at all and how significant that is. Everything But The Rain seems it will be exactly one episode entirely and considering the week after is supposed to be 2 episodes in one day, this means that we will get Ichigo's True Shikai AND potentially show us Uryu being in the Vandenreich and potentially how that happened.

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I can't rate it lower than a 6/10 'cause it does do some things really well.

I really can't rate the episode too highly though, both because they still wasted Unohana's potential as a character by making her just fem Zaraki, and the stupidity of killing her off so early when she could have been an enormous asset against the Nazis.

I do appreciate the fight itself for the choreography of it, it's pretty good now (Still not as good as earlier Zaraki fights but we take what we can get), and the fact it was more clear on how Unohana's Bankai actually works with the blood being acidic and shit and her being able to freely manipulate it.

I also thought the tonal whiplash between going straight from Unohana's death scene - a goofy comedy scene with Oetsu and the Zanpaktou was massively jarring. Oetsu's part in and of itself was a pretty good to set up Ichigo going back home to get the truth from Isshin about his origins though.

Going to the dub of Episode 7 and yeah, JYB got Ichigo perfect in that scene.
He sounds absolutely despondent when speaking to Byakuya and just wanting to save his friends, he is so absolutely done with Yhwach's shit and he honestly sounds murderous in some scenes.
Richard Epcar fully got Yhwach on tap which is honestly impressive considering last episode, he slipped a few times into Joseph Joestar there.

And Dan Woren still takes it as Byakuya(seriously, it's like the dude was practicing his Byakuya voice like he was a Japanese VA throughout the years, never skipped a fucking beat).

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Agreed

Everybody killed it in episode 7 (still the best episode of this series by far), with Johnny Yong Bosch giving Morita a serious run for his money with the sheer rage he gets across in Ichigo's voice. Honestly I prefer Raiden Mustache to his Japanese counerpart, the voice suits him a lot more.

It really is just a shame that Ichigo didn't instinctively switch from Blut Vene to Blut Arterie when he attacked Mustache. Would have done A LOT MORE than just burn his arm is all I'm saying.

Not sure on the pronunciation of Haschwalth's name (or on Blut Vene for that matter) but those are minor nitpicks.

Honestly I prefer Raiden Mustache to his Japanese counerpart, the voice suits him a lot more.

I've honestly said that since I heard Epcar's take on Yhwach.
I don't understand why they directed the Japanese VA for Zangetsu to sound so damned old and raspy for Yhwach despite Yhwach physically not aging one iota from 1000 years ago and would sound closer to his late 40's, not early 70's.
Epcar also seems to have honestly studied Yhwach alot because you really can tell that despite how smooth he sounds, there is a torrent of bloodlust and contempt following his every word, you can tell he's an absolute bastard you want nothing to do with whatsoever.

But yeah Johnny really did take Morita's advice to heart and then some in this episode, straight knocked it out the damn park.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Great episode this week, I'll give it a 9/10.

Masaki: To me, "taking better care of myself" means doing what I can, when I can. If I followed customs and let someone die today when I had the chance to prevent it, I know my future self will never forgive me.

Me: That Masaki is what makes you...A True Quincy. :maybe

Also Ryuken being a chad and putting Masaki's happiness before anything else, good lad. 👍

Not even the presence of Aizen and Tosen, could make me take the cheesy grin off my face after seeing the scene where Masaki introduced herself and Isshin didn't give a fuck about her being a Quincy. I could only imagine old Soken and how happy he would have been when he found out about that, living proof that his dream is not a fool's errand, that Quincy and Soul Reaper could truly co-exist. Hopefully the next episode gives us some reaction from him concerning their relationship, even if it's only a 2 second cameo, I'm not asking for much here.

Mustache: That dream is dead!

Ichigo and Uryu: THE DREAM IS NOT DEAD YET ASSHOLE! :awesome

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh? The best Flashback of Bleach is being animated.

About time. Cause this really was the highlight of the arc.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
@Adamant soul @Xhominid the Fool So I watched ep 74 a few days ago, this thought popped into my head while watching it.

images
: We have found a Quincy now let's kidnap him for our evil plans.

The Quincy:
latest

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@Adamant soul @Xhominid the Fool So I watched ep 74 a few days ago, this thought popped into my head while watching it.

images
: We have found a Quincy now let's kidnap him for our evil plans.

The Quincy:
latest
I mean Ryuken is also the guy who allowed Uryu to go to Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, the latter being in direct defiance of their deal with regards to him returning his Quincy powers to him. :maybe

The Bounts also needed Uryu alive and Ryuken knew Ichigo and co would go to save him. He would only have directly interfered if Uryu's life was in direct danger.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I mean Ryuken is also the guy who allowed Uryu to go to Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, the latterbeing in direct defiance of their deal with regards to him returning his Quincy powers to him. :maybe

The Bounts also needed Uryu alive and Ryuken knew Ichigo and co would go to save him. He would only have directly interfered if Uryu's life was in direct danger.
I mean, Ryuken for all his bad parenting legitimately loves Uryu.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean, Ryuken for all his bad parenting legitimately loves Uryu.
I didn't say that he didn't, merely explaining why he would have avoided getting involved with the Bounts unless absolutely necessary.

I don't even think he's that bad a Parent all things considered. He tried to warn him off Quincy training to try and keep him safe from Mustache or from getting involved in spiritual nonsense. Yet when he lost his powers, he was also smart enough and knew his son well enough to know he'd involve himself at that point WITH or without powers, ergo he decided that he might as well arm/train him and make him as capable as he possibly could.

In the grand scheme of anime/manga parents, Ryuken's pretty cold but otherwise not bad all thing's considered.

Back