Bleach Thread

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Well you see, I thought you were questioning why Ryuken didn't get involved, so I thought I'd explain it.
Oh no, I wasnt, I actually didn't even think about that. I just thought how funny it would have been if instead of Uryu the bounts found Ryuken who's implied to be as strong as Isshin in TYBW (at least that's how I remember it)

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh no, I wasnt, I actually didn't even think about that. I just thought how funny it would have been if instead of Uryu the bounts found Ryuken
Yeah I understand that now, it's hilarious how badly they'd get stomped.
who's implied to be as strong as Isshin in TYBW (at least that's how I remember it)
More than implied now with Masaki being able to disperse White's cero and kill it with a single arrow.
I find it doubtful that current Ryuken would be weaker than Masaki 20 years ago. :maybe

And it's hilarious because I've always put him at that level and FV Bleach posters kept saying I was nuts for doing so. :kobeha

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Episode 12 - 8/10

More Isshin x Masaki goodness was nice to see and honestly I liked Ryuken and Katagiri, although one part confuses me. Urahara says that Masaki's condition (meaning the Quincy and Hollow powers) will "always be inherited". Isshin already went into the Gigai that made him lose his Soul Reaper powers and effectively turned him human before Ichigo's birth and yet Ichigo still inherited them.

So wouldn't Karin and Yuzu also have inherited the powers of all three races, not just the Quincy powers as is suggested by others? There's no reason that I can see, why Ichigo would have inherited Soul Reaper, Quincy AND Hollow powers and they would not have.

Now Kubo did say that how Uryu survived Auswalen will be survived so hopefully he keeps his word on that front. Although it's an amusing irony to me, that he is basically the "son" that Mustache did not want. The impure child of two Quincy who acted in defiance of him, that he could not easily dispose of, to the point where even Uryu's schrift is suggested to be one that can counter Mustache's own.

For fuck's sake, give him more to do than just stand around and get trolled by Haschwalth Kubo.

Episode 13 - 7/10

I did like seeing all the Soul Reapers training in the Soul Society for the second invasion. Although naturally I'm wary of the scene where Komamura goes to see the Elder, given where it's almost certainly going to end up, but at least I did like his suggestion that he was fighting so the Beast Clan can come out of hiding. It's a nice last glimpse of Komamura before he becomes Discount Tosen.

I also liked that Old Man Zangetsu looks like Mustache but ended up acting more like Ryuken. Trying to keep Ichigo from his full power in order to prevent him from coming to blows with the real Mustache. Then realized he couldn't stop Ichigo so he might as well support him in his decision to be a Soul Reaper and fully became a part of Ichigo, in complete defiance of Mustache.

Like I'm not gonna deny that there's good set-up here for a confrontation with Mustache. The problem is that we already know the complete disappointment that it's building up to so it's hard to get hyped for it. We really are now at the point where shit HAS to start changing for the rest of the arc to even be watchable, or no amount of animation quality is going to save it.

The next chunk of episodes we get WILL be make or break for this adaptation.

Last edited:

Trailer for the 2nd Cour.
I'll give a review for the final 2 episodes later but to be frank, I think they are waiting 6 months to really polish shit down and figure out what to add and what not to add(Especially as I doubt the wait to the next Cour will be as long)

I doubt it's gonna be perfect but I don't believe it will be a trainwreck like the Manga.
They didn't fix shit like Byakuya not dying or Unohana being dead when she was more valuable alive but they did fix some of the most glaring issues from them(Byakuya being stated he was dead... only for him to be alive a Chapter after and Unohana not even being stated to be conclusively dead or even WHY she doesn't save herself).

The real issue primarily leads to how can they patch in the holes from the worst moments of the War Arc(Ichigo barely being involved, Gremmy dying in a dumbass way(I get why but it does feel anti-climatic as hell as it never really happens in other manga), No one really looks good, Komomura's end)

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
ib9fTjx.png

Kubo has confirmed at least one ENTIRELY NEW fight for cour 2 of the TYBW anime.

I'd ask for a Chad fight but I'm not holding my breathe on that, knowing my luck it'll probably be Yumichika or some other shitty character like that.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
ib9fTjx.png

Kubo has confirmed at least one ENTIRELY NEW fight for cour 2 of the TYBW anime.

I'd ask for a Chad fight but I'm not holding my breathe on that, knowing my luck it'll probably be Yumichika or some other shitty character like that.
HISAGI !!!!
I can't remember if he had one or not.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So Ichigo's dad knowing Hitsuguya and Rangiku is a retcon I didn't notice lol.
It's not really a retcon actually, Rangiku at least was in the manga version of the flashback as well. I know this because people complained about not getting the panel where her boobs are all sweaty in the anime.

Kubo confirmed in a Q+A that Rangiku and Hitsugaya recognised Isshin during the Arrancar arc but simply chose not to say anything out of respect. Not really what I would call a retcon anyway.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It's not really a retcon actually, Rangiku at least was in the manga version of the flashback as well. I know this because people complained about not getting the panel where her boobs are all sweaty in the anime.

Kubo confirmed in a Q+A that Rangiku and Hitsugaya recognised Isshin during the Arrancar arc but simply chose not to say anything out of respect. Not really what I would call a retcon anyway.
Seems kinda like a cop out. Which is no shame, every shounen has one.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Seems kinda like a cop out. Which is no shame, every shounen has one.
I would agree that it's a cop out.

I don't think Kubo had all the details concerning Isshin in mind when writing the Arrancar arc or we would have at least had a moment where Rangiku and/or Hitsugaya see Isshin or note Ichigo's resemblance to someone they know (which could be mistaken for Kaien to hide the fact they actually mean Isshin).

It's the same as how Rukia would have obviously spotted the similarity between Ichigo and Kaien, but there's nothing to indicate that in Chapter one to explain her otherwise inexplicable behaviour (telling Ichigo anything instead of just memory replacing him on sight).

Okay yeah, I'm handing this to Unohana's Dub. I understood what her JPN VA was aiming for but honestly, it just felt too... tryhard? Like she tried to mix both personas at once when Kubo all but implied it's a literal shift entirely.
I feel like Kate Higgins actually understands Unohana far more and actually making her completely psychotic unlike the Japanese VA which makes her too sane which is unironically wrong in this instance.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Jap VA was going for a quieter psychopathy with Unohana, portraying it as being below the surface of the illusion of sanity. The English VA simply went went for a more open approach to her psychopathy, letting it out clear for all to hear. I don't necessarily think one is better or more fitting than the other in general. Although for this specific fight where she is supposed be showing her true self, the English VA has the better idea I think. Both good in their own ways though.

Still not really sold on Seitz as Kenpachi, I really liked the Jiraia VA's take on Kenpachi and Seitz just isn't as good IMO. He's a great voice actor, works perfect for Scorpion but therein lies the problem. He's better for characters that carry a lot of anger or hatred, which isn't really Kenpachi if you get what I mean.

Jap VA was going for a quieter psychopathy with Unohana, portraying it as being below the surface of the illusion of sanity. The English VA simply went went for a more open approach to her psychopathy, letting it out clear for all to hear. I don't necessarily think one is better or more fitting than the other in general. Although for this specific fight where she is supposed be showing her true self, the English VA has the better idea I think. Both good in their own ways though.

Eh, my issue is that while the JPN VA is going for a quieter route with her psychopathy, it doesn't really fit that Kubo outright stated that Unohana has two actual personalities and obviously, her true self should be way more unhinged and out there. And as you stated, in this situation, that is the better idea to do.

I would agree if this was more Unohana slowly letting it out while she was still in "Mother of Squad 4" mode, but this is different and why I don't agree with that approach. It's especially weird as I believed how she did it in Bleach Brave Souls fits better for letting her true self out there.

So I don't fill up the entire Main Convo with shit from the additions from Bleach's Blu Ray arc, I will instead dump this down instead:

The conversation between Aizen and Yhwach: Despite the anime depicting Aizen's mouth as already unsealed in this scene, it is confirmed that they were actually conversing through Reiatsu. So it seems that the way it was shown as a normal vocal conversation in the anime was actually a figurative depiction, probably to make it more understandable to the audience. Additionally, it is explicitly confirmed that Aizen used his Kyouka Suigetsu to manipulate Yhwach's sense of time here. Although that was already rather obvious, neither the manga or anime actually confirmed that it was Kyouka Suigetsu's ability until now.
Nice to be confirmed because otherwise, people are known to be real stupid about this

The war 1,000 years ago: Kubo explicitly states that Sasakibe stabbing Yhwach in the back was the "deciding factor" in his battle with Yamamoto 1,000 years ago. This confirms that scene was an actual flashback to the war 1,000 years ago and not just symbolic as some have argued in the past, and also lends some credence to the fan theories that Sasakibe was intentionally targeted by Yhwach as the first Shinigami to kill.
Sasakibe officially became a Chad and the theory Yhwach made him the first to die through Bounty has more credence

Ichigo's flower motif: Ichigo's symbolic flower shown at the end of the opening and in the is the gloriosa, or flame lily. In hanakotoba (Japanese flower language), the gloriosa means "courage", hence why it was chosen to represent Ichigo.
(You can actually see these in the Ichigo eccentric scene at the end of the opening credits and the final episodes credits)

Reiatsu & technique colours: It is confirmed that there are particular reasonings behind the colours of characters' Reiatsu and techniques, though exact details are not given. In Ichigo's case, his normal Reiatsu is yellow, but his Reiatsu was shown changing from yellow to red when he became enraged.
Ah, so Reiatsu colors can shift based on mood now? Nice

Meninas McAllon: In the storyboarding stage, she was drawn winking in a flirtatious way, however this was cut from the final version. The reason for this is Kubo intends Meninas to be a completely emotionless character.
Nice way to basically change a one-note character who looks like Orihime and nearly comes off like her too is to basically wholly different now personality wise. She's now a Rei-type now lol.

Berenice Gabrielli's ability: His ability is something along the lines of, "he can make an objection to something, and the opponent is penalized if they fail to overcome that objection." Berenice seems to be able to object to anything, and their opponent is forced to respond. Berenice explains his ability using the German word "sollen", which expresses the idea of something that should be done or the way something ought to be, such as being ordered to do something or being compelled by moral duty. Against Zaraki, Berenice objected to Zaraki's "killing intent". But since his hearing was previously damaged by Jerome, Zaraki did not hear and therefore was not affected by the objection, so responded by simply ripping his throat out.
What the fuck is this bullshit?! Bernice should definitely be angered at Jerome for fucking him over with that.

Back