VS Battle Caim & Angelus (Drakengard): Fairy Tail Gauntlet

IMG_0322.jpg

Caim and his pact partner Angelus both fight in a fierce battle against everyone in Fairy Tail.

Caim and Angelus are at their best, Caim has access to all the weapons and spells from the first game, and this is Angelus in her Chaos form.

Scenario 1) Caim and Angelus fight them one by one from weakest to strongest.

Scenario 2) Caim and Angelus fight them all at the same time.

Both scenarios have a speed equal and unequal parts to them.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Haven’t played Drakengard but didn’t these two die in the final ending to the military?

Haven’t played Drakengard but didn’t these two die in the final ending to the military?

They were both heavily exhausted after their fight against the Watchers and the Queen Beast. Even before that, they were fighting entire armies non-stop. Basically, PIS. Is the same as Zack getting shot by infantry in FFVII or Crisis Core even though he can beat the likes of Ifrit, Bahamut, and Minerva.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They were both heavily exhausted after their fight against the Watchers and the Queen Beast. Even before that, they were fighting entire armies non-stop. Basically, PIS. Is the same as Zack getting shot by infantry in FFVII or Crisis Core even though he can beat the likes of Ifrit, Bahamut, and Minerva.
Exhausted doesn’t drastically reduce durability. I admit I’m just going off that ending since I haven’t played it.

Played the start of it years ago from a friend but stopped since the combat and dragon riding was too jank. If there’s better feats, I’ll see them

Caim fought against Nowe in Drakengard 2. Nowe can dodge and bat Legna's breath beam out of the sky.

The breath beam was calculated at Mach 1,492.139 via massively hypersonic

The Intoners in Drakengard 3 can react to Micheal's breath beam.

Fodder reapers in Drakengard 1 can easily deflect Angelus's breath attacks.

Caim and Angelus tanked this magical nuke that was calced at 46.573 gigatons via island level

Caim was standing on the ground when it happened.
HOQkW84.jpg
BkLc0kv.jpg
UtKsot2.jpg
gCfrxYD.jpg

Caim and Angelus can easily kill enemies of this level of durability. Can kill Cyclops who size dwarf over regular mountains.
QpjIxDx.jpg

SxlFkCL.jpg

They can defeat Manah in her giant form during one of the endings. If Manah dies, the Sky Fortress with begin to collapse and fall out of the sky. The reason this happens is that Manah’s magic is what keeps the Sky Fortress aloft in the air.

Sky Fortress's size compare to the dragons. Angelus is officially 25.4 meters in length.
35T9zJR.png
kPeOKuK.png
NLn6Zwr.png
lLgwdkD.png

This isn't even Chaos form Angelus. In Nier, the Queen Beast and Angelus brought over the substance maso, a chemical substance that can be used to create magic. They used Angelus's cells to develop weapons such as Emil, Halua, Devola, Popola, Grimoire Weiss, Grimoire Noir, Grimoire Rubrum, etc. The maso is still used even in Nier Automata, where they integrated it into their tech so much that they can't tell the difference.

Nier Replicant - Emil unleashing his uncontrollable power that destroys the Aerie.

Nier Replicant - Popola while in a rage makes a pretty big explosion.

YoRHa Stage Play - The YoRHa's satellite laser can obliterate an island
Yotsuba: No22 has been hit.
Futaba: We’ve located the source of the attack: Johnston Atoll.
Commander: Obliterate that entire island.
Yotsuba: Satellite D132 will be ready to fire in 24 seconds.
Futaba: Commander, we’ve confirmed the loss of No1. In order for the mission to progress as scheduled, command will be transferred to No2.
Yotsuba: No2, please confirm your position of authority.
No2: Who? Me?
Futaba: No2, respond!
No2: Uhh, yes! I’m the squadron leader, right? I understand!
No11 (voice): Shit, we weren’t ever told about this!

[SE: Explosion]

No4: This is not what we were told to expect!
No3 (voice): What about the Canceller?! The Canceller!

No15: No, I can’t dodge it!

No12: Not like this! Somebody, help me!

No2: Everyone, don’t cluster together! Spread out!

Futaba: 46 minutes from deployment.
Yotsuba: Current altitude has fallen below 50,000, and will touch down in Pearl Harbor.

No2: Commander! Where’s our counter support?!
Yotsuba: The area will be in range within 5 seconds.

No2: Commander, please hurry!
Yotsuba: In range. Preparing to fire satellite lasers.
Commander: Fire!

[SE: Loud explosions last for roughly 2 seconds as the backdrop is filled with the scenes of a large explosion]

Yotsuba: The enemy fortress… has sunk. Scanning for nearby heat sources. Registering 23 short-range missiles at a distance of 42,000.

Nier Automata - Grun's barrier is durable enough to deflect the satellite laser

Nier Automata - 2B, 9S, or any YoRHa can destroy their space bunker by self-destructing.
https://youtu.be/_uX28SXhLdk?t=21
Size of the bunker.
YoRHa-base-station.jpg
6202b31f5a7124a77aa6e2ec2220883a9e52a5a4r1-848-480v2_00.jpg
ffxiv-nier-puppets-bunker.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Nier Automata - 9S reacting to an EMP wave and blocking it with a forcefield via relativistic speed.

Nier Automata - shieldbounce's Emil's Fusion Reactor calc from Nier Automata calced at 1.2606 Yottatons via planet level
So, this feat...

Apparently, Emil's Fusion Reactor Overload is capable of reducing the Earth to a chunk of rock, and it also causes it to detach it from orbiting around the Sun. Let's see how much energy is required for this exact feat to occur.

Noting that the Earth orbits around the Sun continuously, the only way for Earth to stop orbiting around the Sun would be to stop the kinetic energy of the Earth's orbit, so the Sun's gravity could pull the Earth from orbit and bring said Earth closer to it. We will solve this problem, using two methods.

Kinetic Energy of Earth's orbit around the Sun
Figuring out orbital speed first. The orbital velocity of Earth around the Sun can be figured out using the equation
ff5595cb6d81d417863e0f83dfa78c4e7dc0479d

Where
  • G = Gravitational constant = 6.674e-11
  • M = Mass of larger object where a smaller body of negligible object is orbiting
  • M = Mass of the Sun = 1.989e30 kg
  • r = radius of orbit + larger body + smaller body
  • r = 149,600,000,000 + 695,700,000 + 6,371,000 = 1.503e11 m
  • Vo = √(2*G*M/r) = √(2*(6.674e-11)*1.989e30 kg/1.503e11 m) = 42028.7 m/s
Dunno why this answer is different from Google, but I'll go with this since the Wikipedia regarding Orbital Speed goes in-depth about this particular subject.

KE (Earth) = 0.5*(Mass of Earth)*(Velocity^2) = 0.5*(5.972e24)*(42028.7^2) = 5.2745e33 Joules, or 1.2606 Yottatons

Gravitational Potential Energy

• Mass of the Sun = 1.989e30 kg
  • Mass of the Earth = 5.972e24 kg
  • Distance to the Sun from Earth = 149,600,000 km
  • Radius of the Sun = 695,700 km
  • Radius of the Earth = 6,371 km
  • GPE = G*(Mass Sun)*(Mass Earth)/(radius sun + earth + orbit)
GPE = (6.674e-11)*(1.989e30 kg)*(5.972e24 kg)/((149600000 + 695700 + 6371)*1000 m) = 5.2745e33 Joules, or 1.2606 Yottatons

So, Planet level+. Right.

Drakengard 2 - Oror's Falconblade tells an interesting story of two gods, one of the god's Lion cracks open the earth and sky with his fists.
Level 1

Once, one of Sir Gismor’s men was caught attempting to steal General Oror’s sword. When he was brought before his master, Sir Gismor harshly reprimanded the knight, and threatened to execute him. The knight pleaded, "I only wished to be more like General Oror." When Oror heard this, he interrupted Sir Gismor, and began to speak...

Level 2

"This sword was crafted after the elfin myth of two brothers who become the gods of destruction. The older one was called Falcon, and possessed the gift of knowledge. The younger one was called Lion, and possesses the gift of might. They fought in a war between humans and elves."

Level 3

"Using their gifts, Falcon and Lion brought mankind to its knees. But with the end of the war, there was no one left to test their skills against, so they continued their quest for knowledge and power. Eventually, Falcon gained the knowledge of the universe and Lion cracked open the earth and sky with his fists."

Level 4

"The brothers had become the gods of destruction, and the elves had no choice but to seal them in "Hero’s Time", using the lives and souls of millions. Your crime is the same as the brothers’. But in the name of my sword, Gismor, I beg you: spare this man." And so the knight was spared. But I never forgot the darkness I saw in Gismor's eyes that day.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Alrighty, I skimmed through the important stuff and with everything presented, I can at least disregard Caim and Angelus dying to missiles in Ending E as PIS so far.

I’ll give the rest of my thoughts later after I’ve looked more into the rest as well as some Fairy Tail stuff

Last edited:
Caim's hax abilities
-Can harm non-corpereals and intangible beings (has no problem killing spirits and reapers in Drakengard 1, and killed The Reaper/Spirit of Death in Drakengard 2).
-Gravity manipulation via Sin's Weight.
-Poison manipulation via Greed's Venom.
-Life drain via Demon's Lust.
-Can turn invisible and intangible via Pale Death.
-Ravenfeeder sword can bless the user with three lives and is imbued with poison that can cause near instant death.
-Greed's Reward sword can generate hellfire.
-Moonfire sword grants the user type 2 immortality (the previous warrior was still alive when struck with a thousand arrows and some arrows pierced his heart, and not a drop of blood from his wounds) and can freeze anything to ice cold (possibly absolute zero)
-Wisdom staff can cure any disease and injury to those who wield it. Placing on the ground can make even the most barren lands fertile. It can also detect if someone is lying or telling the truth if they touch it, it can make evil people fall to their knees and repent all their sins if they touch it, and it can induce fear in monsters causing them to flee if they touch it, and can burn demons to ash by the gods if they touch it.
-Souldouser hammer can mind wipe on each hit.
-Fheng's Glaive can cause painless instant death and make them bleed out from their entire body just by a graze that can't be healed.
-Robber King spear has a chance of subjugating the opponent's mind with each hit.
-Apostate's Misery spear can slay spirits.
-Poisontongue axe is imbued with poison.
-Demonbane sword and Maiden's Kris can suck the souls out of its victims.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So having seen the stuff. For speed, Fairy Tail characters have been reacting Lightning since the early arcs.
23.jpg

24.jpg

3.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

As for the destruction feats posted, they all fall short of Natsu’s feat of destroying Aldoron minus Emil’s self destruction in N

Too lazy to post all the scans but this vs thread on SB does a good job showing everything relevant for that feat.

Natsu is far from top tier. Characters like Laxus and Erza are still considered above him, and the Dragon Gods and latest gen Dragon Slayers like Suzaku are hilariously stronger than him still. Acnologia even before absorbing the Space Between Time is Dragon God tier.

Dragon Gods include Aldoron as mentioned and Selene who casually expanded the moon on Elentir to several times its normal size from flexing her power and was giving off enough energy that Alta Face, a magic construct on Elentir, was absorbing it and gaining enough power from it to eventually erase the planet in a self-destruction. Selene flexing her powers even more on Elentir while still in her weaker human form was causing natural disasters on Earth from the dimension she was in

As for the Emil self-destruction it really doesn’t scale to anyone, not even Emil. It’s his self-destruction which is naturally he can normally do. And it’s from all his countless clones he made of himself blowing up at once

So Angelus and Caim lose to the high tiers, let alone the God Tiers

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
If we throw in crossovers, that gives Natsu a Multiversal upgrade from the Heros manga where he along with Shiki and Haru fight and defeat Genesis, a guy who took the powers of the literal writer Mashymre (Mashima’s self-insert/self-parody).

Mashymre is a god who with the help of his editors, creates and controls the Rave, Fairy Tail, and Edens Zero universes. Edens Zero has recently been confirmed to span an infinite multiverse and all 3 series go into alternate timelines

Last edited:
As for the Emil self-destruction it really doesn’t scale to anyone, not even Emil. It’s his self-destruction which is naturally he can normally do. And it’s from all his countless clones he made of himself blowing up at once
The Emil clones are weaker than the original Emil. The clones used their self-destruct by overloading their fusion reactors. Seeing as thousands of weak Emil clones can pull that feat off makes you wonder how powerful the original Emil is or even Chaos form Angelus because Emil has her cells. In Drakengard 1, Caim defeated Chaos form Angelus in Ending C without a Dragon Bone weapon and being pactless. In Drakengard 2 who can crack open the earth and the sky with his fists, had to be sealed away by another god.

In Drakengard, you also have these Seals that once all have been destroyed, the whole sky cracks and shatters so the Watchers and the Queen Beast can wreck havoc on the world.

The Goddess Seal is described as the weight of the Time, Space and Dimension of the world that the Goddess carries on her shoulders. Furiae and Angelus endured the constant pain of the Goddess Seal after the other Seals were destroyed due to the Goddess Seal.
The queen-beast continues to grow, consuming the world.

With Seere's cries ringing in their ears, Caim and the dragon dive down from
the sky into the heart of the beast.

The are engulfed in a blaze of pure white light, and together man, dragon and
monster fall tumbling into a chasm that splits time and space. Source: Drakengard 1 - Verse Interlude - Chapter 13 Verse 1 - A Journey
Time and space fall apart, and the fantasy begins. Source: Drakengard 1 - Verse description - Chapter 13 Verse 2 - New World
The battle that crossed space and time is won, the awesome enemy defeated
at last.

But the blood of the heroes who saved the world paints the tower red. Source: Drakengard 1 - Verse interlude - Chapter 13 Verse 4 - Recursion

If we throw in crossovers, that gives Natsu a Multiversal upgrade from the Heros manga where he along with Shiki and Haru fight and defeat Genesis, a guy who took the powers of the literal writer Mashymre (Mashima’s self-insert/self-parody).

Mashymre is a god who with the help of his editors, creates and controls the Rave, Fairy Tail, and Edens Zero universes. Edens Zero has recently been confirmed to span an infinite multiverse and all 3 series go into alternate timelines
It depends if Mashima confirmed those crossovers to be canon to each other. Drakengard or Yokoverse also has a multiverse with different branching endings and timelines thanks to Accord, extra confirmation from Nier Reincarnation for confirming other multiple worlds. According to Yoko Taro, the FFXIV collaboration is canon to Nier for 2B and 9S. They certainly don't scale to anyone of even the slightest relevancy like the Adventurer, but there is still Ifrit feat in which he causes a Solar Eclipse.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The Emil clones are weaker than the original Emil. The clones used their self-destruct by overloading their fusion reactors. Seeing as thousands of weak Emil clones can pull that feat off makes you wonder how powerful the original Emil is or even Chaos form Angelus because Emil has her cells. In Drakengard 1, Caim defeated Chaos form Angelus in Ending C without a Dragon Bone weapon and being pactless. In Drakengard 2 who can crack open the earth and the sky with his fists, had to be sealed away by another god.

In Drakengard, you also have these Seals that once all have been destroyed, the whole sky cracks and shatters so the Watchers and the Queen Beast can wreck havoc on the world.

The Goddess Seal is described as the weight of the Time, Space and Dimension of the world that the Goddess carries on her shoulders. Furiae and Angelus endured the constant pain of the Goddess Seal after the other Seals were destroyed due to the Goddess Seal.

It depends if Mashima confirmed those crossovers to be canon to each other. Drakengard or Yokoverse also has a multiverse with different branching endings and timelines thanks to Accord, extra confirmation from Nier Reincarnation for confirming other multiple worlds. According to Yoko Taro, the FFXIV collaboration is canon to Nier for 2B and 9S. They certainly don't scale to anyone of even the slightest relevancy like the Adventurer, but there is still Ifrit feat in which he causes a Solar Eclipse.

Even if their weaker by an unknown amount, it’s still a shit ton of Emil clones going off at once. If Emil divided his power among the clones, than maybe its an argument but as far as it’s shown, he replicated himself to better fend off against the aliens and machines invading Earth in sheer numbers. And again, it’s self-destruction which is also naturally above what Emil can normally do without destroying himself in the process.

Weight of Time and Space is translated as unbelievable pain for whatever girl, not particular strong either like the seals before Angelus, having to constantly endure. Besides, Acnologia ate all of Space-Time of a dimension Void after withstanding being erased from existence by the environment and absorber all its power.

“Cracking the sky” just looks like some spatial fuckery. Again, Acnologia, who after eating all of space time in a dimension, went and punched his way out of that space. Or Selene who while within another dimension and in her weaker human form, was causing natural disasters from just flexing her powers causing them reach it. And White Zeref was going to erase the entire timeline and travel back in time, destroying the current world in the process.

See no reason not to argue for this thread when we’re using that game crossover. Its a manga written by Mashima himself

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
But is any of Mashima's crossover material canon?
Man’s never said anything about whether it was canon or not. I’m just arguing that since he wrote it, it’s more or less as credible as using that phone game crossover

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Man’s never said anything about whether it was canon or not. I’m just arguing that since he wrote it, it’s more or less as credible as using that phone game crossover
I don't believe those are canon. They have currently as much viability for being canon for Fairy Tail as Cross Epoch does for Dragon Ball and One Piece.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Also let's keep it to the main topic
So having seen the stuff. For speed, Fairy Tail characters have been reacting Lightning since the early arcs.
23.jpg

24.jpg

3.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

As for the destruction feats posted, they all fall short of Natsu’s feat of destroying Aldoron minus Emil’s self destruction in N

Too lazy to post all the scans but this vs thread on SB does a good job showing everything relevant for that feat.

Natsu is far from top tier. Characters like Laxus and Erza are still considered above him, and the Dragon Gods and latest gen Dragon Slayers like Suzaku are hilariously stronger than him still. Acnologia even before absorbing the Space Between Time is Dragon God tier.

Dragon Gods include Aldoron as mentioned and Selene who casually expanded the moon on Elentir to several times its normal size from flexing her power and was giving off enough energy that Alta Face, a magic construct on Elentir, was absorbing it and gaining enough power from it to eventually erase the planet in a self-destruction. Selene flexing her powers even more on Elentir while still in her weaker human form was causing natural disasters on Earth from the dimension she was in

So Angelus and Caim lose to the high tiers, let alone the God Tiers
Interesting

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I don’t like arguing with the crossover regardless since thats basically the only time you ever argue Mashima protagonists are that strong and the very Meta nature of it all leaves it up to interpretation. I only used it in light of a crossover involving Drakengard being mentioned.

Point still remains. Caim and Angelus clear through a majority of the verse but aren’t beating the high and top tiers. Current MCs (yes including Lucy now whose pretty OP), Zeref, Acnologia, Irene, August, any of the God Dragons, current gen-Dragon Slayers like Suzaku, Misaki, and Kirin etc. are all too much.

Last edited:
SINoAlice is actually a shared universe with Drakengard and Nier due to Parrah and Noya's connection with Accord due to being her descendants.

Back