Cryptic game

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Cryptic crossword clue tag, whoever solves this one does the next one. Everyone that gives up is worth one point

Light green kind of roll where there once was a man from Peru (8)

Last edited:

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Cryptic crossword clue tag, whoever solves this one does the next one. Everyone that gives up is worth one point

yo odd, would you be interesting in being a creative game/event designer? you'll really only get a user tag, not an actual staff member (lol) because designers are stil users
only duties would be talking to me about ideas for fun stuff to do around here, and more threads like these. it's more like a subset of community influencer just with a specific type of influence (bnecause you're fuckin good at it)

• Winner
Reactions: Odd

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
what is "ceviche"
The answer is not ceviche, the (8) at the end of the clue is the enumeration showing that the answer is 8 letters long.

yo odd, would you be interesting in being a creative game/event designer? you'll really only get a user tag, not an actual staff member (lol) because designers are stil users
only duties would be talking to me about ideas for fun stuff to do around here, and more threads like these. it's more like a subset of community influencer just with a specific type of influence (bnecause you're fuckin good at it)
I love that sort of thing, I'm in

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
The answer is not ceviche, the (8) at the end of the clue is the enumeration showing that the answer is 8 letters long.

I love that sort of thing, I'm in
based!

alright, gotta remind myself later or tmrw to give you the title

Reactions: Odd

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Alright, back to the cryptic clue

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
are we allowed to google stuff to try to figure it out? I know nothing about Peru, although that might not actually matter.
Go hard with anything you want, cryptic clues are basically made of two bits. The regular crossword definition will be on one end and the fancy wordplay definition will be on the other end

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
The answer is Limerick

Wordplay end
Lime is a shade of light green
A rick roll is a kind of roll
LIME + RICK for Limerick

Definition end
"There once was a man from Peru" is the opening line of many dirty limericks

There once was a man from Peru
Who found an abandoned canoe
He took a quick snooze
But dreamt about boobs
And woke up with a handful of goo

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
uhhh... my next guess was "monstera" becuase it's green, thin enough to be rolled up, and peruvian, but i don't think that's it
Peru was a red herring, Ireland is the place you're after

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
And that was a decently tough clue, I'll whip up another one quickly

Back