Debate tournament

Bob74h

The Supreme King
The rules of this are simple
1 character per verse
And you can only pick one character
Contestants are judged on by points ie if they argue better not if they are more correct so you can be wrong and win
And for the sake of fairness me and another person if they want could judge the matches

Also it's formal debate so civility is expected in the tournament threads

So if you are interested in this idea, you can comment below which character you wanna be

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
doesnt seem like a bad idea, i think for it to work though you do need to establish some kind of dc cap so the characters people pick are all relative to each other enough for there to be a debate

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
doesnt seem like a bad idea, i think for it to work though you do need to establish some kind of dc cap so the characters people pick are all relative to each other enough for there to be a debate
Speed cap would also be a good idea. Lord knows if the only restriction was wall level it'd end with only D&D or Legos standing :mjlol

sir_fire

Distinguished
I definitely know who's going to be taken out of the very first round of the prelims as the designated jobber.

His name starts with a B and ends with a B.

Bob74h

The Supreme King

So what you suggest, To do
like have a set of allowed characters

we could discuss on and have people choose of those or what

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So what you suggest, To do
like have a set of allowed characters

we could discuss on and have people choose of those or what
Maybe not a set of allowed characters per se, but rather a speed/DC limit, so if the limit only allows up to city lvl/MHS characters for example nobody's coming in trying to bring in some MFTL planetbuster.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Maybe not a set of allowed characters per se, but rather a speed/DC limit, so if the limit only allows up to city lvl/MHS characters for example nobody's coming in trying to bring in some MFTL planetbuster.
metal gear raiden vs accelerator

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Just make sure its professional and mostly clean; don't want high school debate level antics ruining this tournament :maybe

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
yeah this is what i meant

set some kind of stat cap so that there is actual room for a debate

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
I would suggest Wall level, Mach 1 and restrict hax. With the low stats the characters should be really close to each other, which evens the grounds of debate.

Back