ELDEN RING

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Elden-Ring-in-front-of-magical-tree.jpg

Copped it on a Pre-Order but I haven't played it yet. I'm going to unravel this game tomorrow morning and let you guys know how my experience with. Feel free to share yours as well!

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Game looks so fucking raw

I'm loving how a couple people have beaten the main game already but still can't even fucking find a few of the other optional bigger bosses :mjlol

Reactions: Ral

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Are you playing on PC or console? Because I'm seeing a shit ton of complaints due to bad optimization, stuttering, and frame rate issues i.e. Typical From incompetence at porting or making PC releases.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
oh console (ps5), i knew immediately that the pc port would be a fucking nightmare. miss me with that shit

haven't run into any issues on console yet. a little curious if they look any different because there were a couple interior areas that looked like the lighting could've had more contrast. but it still looks great overall imo.

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
Playing on PC, but it's hard to tell what's poor optimisation and what's my own poor setup because I'm running it on a 960 at low. I'm also getting a weird control issue where moving diagonally is oddly jerky, but that might be a controller problem. Never happened before on this thing, though.

Game is good, but I'm not far in yet. I beat Margit (with a little difficulty), and explored most of the area before him. It really is just open-world Souls, and it works.

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
I've definitely been spoiled by Bloodborne. I'm playing too recklessly.

And I miss not having to worry about equip load :catcry

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
PC ports always get a first hit of shit problems the devs will fix soon.tm'ish

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Seems like its working fine now with the driver updates

Only issue I still had was needing to lower grass quality and SSAO to make things a bit more optimized in general but fuck Margit

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
couldn't believe how fucking tough margit was for a beginning boss

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
>mind my own business
>slaughtering the peasants and men-at-arms near the bridge
>realize its night
>suddenly BOSS BATTLE
>in the field
>NIGHT CALVARY

I literally almost had this dude on my first fight after killing the Pumpkin Head boss in the Waypoint Ruins but the camera goofed on me and I got stuck against some tree and brushes

You can temporarily "kill" his mount and wail on him a bit before he does an AoE vortex blast thing then remounts again, so you can target between the horse and the rider himself

Before this I was getting endlessly sodomized by the Crucible Knight in the Evergade or whatever its called

Back