Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
>mind my own business
>slaughtering the peasants and men-at-arms near the bridge
>realize its night
>suddenly BOSS BATTLE
>in the field
>NIGHT CALVARY

I literally almost had this dude on my first fight after killing the Pumpkin Head boss in the Waypoint Ruins but the camera goofed on me and I got stuck against some tree and brushes

You can temporarily "kill" his mount and wail on him a bit before he does an AoE vortex blast thing then remounts again, so you can target between the horse and the rider himself

Before this I was getting endlessly sodomized by the Crucible Knight in the Evergade or whatever its called

Tree Sentinel? That guy was more of a challenge on horseback than Margit was on feet. :mjlol

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Tree Sentinel? That guy was more of a challenge on horseback than Margit was on feet. :mjlol
Not Tree Sentinel, Night's Cavalry. The first one you'll fight appears at night near the bridge where a couple of the viking dudes and the huge carriage being marched/wheeled around by the two giants.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Unsightly Catacombs is crazy

The Misbegotten aren't that bad nor is the giant demon dude who surprise attacks you when you double-back but the duo boss battle with the Misbegotten Warrior with the female Mage is bullshit

Especially with him JUMPING you a second after you traverse into the boss area

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
not a fan of some of these double boss encounters (or triple with those fucking crystalians) that seem to be popping up more often at the point i'm at. the 2 valiant gargoyles are driving me up the wall. maybe i'm bad at video games though

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Valiant Gargoyles is just a spiritual nod to the Bellfrey Gargoyle fights from Dark Souls

But yes later on you have to face two Crucible Knights at the same time too

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
oh yeah i know. but the dark souls gargoyles didn't make me want to rip my hair out lol

shoutout to demon's souls maneaters the real ogs

Last edited:

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
he wasn't even that bad imo. even the double crucible knight fight was manageable

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Crucible knights are the only ones actively programmed to read your estus inputs and flip the fuck out when you heal

It's evil as all hell but it makes the fight more exciting.

The drip you get from the double one is fantastic too

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Crucible knights are the only ones actively programmed to read your estus inputs and flip the fuck out when you heal

It's evil as all hell but it makes the fight more exciting.

The drip you get from the double one is fantastic too
Nah I think Godskin Apostles do the same as well

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I think all the Divine Tower bosses and sub-bosses are intentinally harder to fight

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
going to lose my mind if i enter the boss fog and the godskin theme starts up one more time

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
late game boss spoiler:

they really had to make malenia gain health after each hit, huh. as if the fight wasn't already a lot

Back