Eureka Seven

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him

This is an Anime series that confused me for a long time and took a few binge watches to understand what exactly was going on.

I'm watching it again for like the 10th time because it was one of the Anime's, along with Naruto, that I enjoyed watching on Adult Swim.

I haven't watched Eureka Seven AO yet simply because I'm not ready to witness what our boi Renton gets himself into after the first series.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i don't remember much of it but i do remember first seeing a random episode on adult swim and thinking it was weird as fuck

i also remember enjoying it. the episodes that stick out the most to me are the ones about charles and ray.

Reactions: Ral

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
My first exposure to Eureka Seven years and years ago was when Susano-O did a blender jokesub parodying and satirizing forum events on NF with it. First show was great, sequel was not so good.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
yall ever watch the movie? wtf was that about lol. it was an odd retelling of the series if i'm remembering correctly.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
My first exposure to Eureka Seven years and years ago was when Susano-O did a blender jokesub parodying and satirizing forum events on NF with it. First show was great, sequel was not so good.
Guess I am in for quite the disappointment :blobcry
yall ever watch the movie? wtf was that about lol. it was an odd retelling of the series if i'm remembering correctly.
Money grabber flick?

Rev97

Illustrious
Good memories watching it Saturday nights after Toonami. Own the entire series on DVD too. Still one of my favorite mecha to this day. God-tier music behind this series too

Rev97

Illustrious
Pocket full of rainbows movie was a reimagining of the series and AO afterwards was a sequel. Neither hold up to the original at all which is a shame.

Haven’t gone to watching these Hi-evolution flicks. With what I’m hearing, probably best I don’t

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Psalm of Planets is a childhood favourite and one of my top 10 favourite animes, although given everything that followed, it was definately lightning in a bottle. It's been a few years, I need to rewatch this series sometime.

Rev97

Illustrious

I still listen to this shows soundtrack regularly. Don’t know why, but mecha anime these days just doesn’t hit the same way as 90s and 2000s mecha.

Also Eureka is best girl. First anime crush I had as a kid

Last edited:

Rev97

Illustrious
@Ral BTW I really don’t recommend watching anything outside the original.

Pocket Full of Rainbow you could maybe like but it really ruins a lot of characters and the story is just dumb. AO barely makes sense and spits on the themes of the original. Avoid at all cost.

And i spoiled myself with the details of the Hi-Evolution movies and hoo boy. I’ll put it this way. I’d rather sit trough the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker back to back and even pretend to like them over watching any of these. It’s legitimately fascinating just how bad these movies are.

Keep your memories of this series pure by just sticking to the classic. There’s no sequel afterward. Fact.

Last edited:

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
@Ral BTW I really don’t recommend watching anything outside the original.

Pocket Full of Rainbow you could maybe like but it really ruins a lot of characters and the story is just dumb. AO barely makes sense and spits on the themes of the original. Avoid at all cost.

And i spoiled myself with the details of the Hi-Evolution movies and hoo boy. I’ll put it this way. I’d rather sit trough the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker back to back and even pretend to like them over watching any of these. It’s legitimately fascinating just how bad these movies are.

Keep your memories of this series pure by just sticking to the classic. There’s no sequel afterward. Fact.
Damn so they milked the series like that? :lul

I am disappoint :blobcry

Is AO absolute trash tho? Or is there at least some reason to the story?

Rev97

Illustrious
Damn so they milked the series like that? :lul

I am disappoint :blobcry

Is AO absolute trash tho? Or is there at least some reason to the story?
Complete character assassination of Renton and Eureka in AO and utterly shitting on the themes of love and coexistence that drove the original. No payoff either since the story is as bog-standard and generic a mecha show as you can get or at least it would only be that if the plot wasn’t so nonsensical and incoherent. Seriously, don’t watch AO.

I can’t even describe the things I’ve heard about Hi-Evolution other than it sounds like it was written by someone that hates the series and to purely spite the fanbase. Than again, the biggest problem with basically every continuation of this franchise is having a real boner for shitting in some way on the original even though it’s literally the only good thing in it.

Last edited:

Rev97

Illustrious
Man what a waste these movies turned out to be. I just wanted to relive the old show, its best moments, and the incredible emotions I felt watching it, all remade with movie-quality animation

I just wanted a good story.

3gnqzq.jpg

Last edited:
Back