Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
fall-2021.jpg

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
For me, I'm wrapping up Star Wars Visions last couple episodes and Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel III. Most likely Muv-Luv Alternative and Kyoukai Senki.

D

Deleted member 60

Unconfirmed
There's some decent hype around Platinum End, done by the same creators as Bakuman and Death Note. So I will be picking that up most likely.

Haven't been following live anime as much this year. Missed out on the past few seasons, mainly because it seems Crunchyroll in the UK is picking up some of less interesting titles.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I was gonna run with Scarlet Nexus but realized it was a carried over show from last season, Kimetsu no Yaiba Season 2 and the anime adaption for the Infinity Train movie are also coming

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
As per usual I'll be watching a metric fuckton of anime. Spring and Fall are always heavier than Winter and Summer and this year has more anime than there every has been before. I'll still be creating a few individual anime pages in the NF Akiba section, but this time I'm going to not do it for basically everything I'm watching because that section just doesn't get enough traffic.

Oh and Netflix jail seems to be getting wider too. I think they might be up to four shows just this season now.

I was gonna run with Scarlet Nexus but realized it was a carried over show from last season, Kimetsu no Yaiba Season 2 and the anime adaption for the Infinity Train movie are also coming
I picked up Scarlet Nexus on a whim and regret it now that I know it's two cour, but I'm already in deep halfway.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
As per usual I'll be watching a metric fuckton of anime. Spring and Fall are always heavier than Winter and Summer and this year has more anime than there every has been before. I'll still be creating a few individual anime pages in the NF Akiba section, but this time I'm going to not do it for basically everything I'm watching because that section just doesn't get enough traffic.

Oh and Netflix jail seems to be getting wider too. I think they might be up to four shows just this season now.

I picked up Scarlet Nexus on a whim and regret it now that I know it's two cour, but I'm already in deep halfway.

Yeah I just finished the Fate Stay Night - Heaven's Feel III movie trilogy and Star Wars Visions; I'm disappointed in the fact that that when we finally get a proper anime adaption for Muv-Luv: Alternative, its without almost any of the original voice actors/seiyuus, significant changes to the character designs and looks incredibly low-budget.

ClannadFan

The OG Dango
V.I.P. Member
Yeah I just finished the Fate Stay Night - Heaven's Feel III movie trilogy and Star Wars Visions; I'm disappointed in the fact that that when we finally get a proper anime adaption for Muv-Luv: Alternative, its without almost any of the original voice actors/seiyuus, significant changes to the character designs and looks incredibly low-budget.
How'd you like Fate/HF 3?

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
Apparently it's also only one cour. I'll skip on it until I read through all of Muv-luv properly.

I watched Visions a few days back. I was thinking of a F/Z rewatch and a viewing of the later two HF movies back when I was reading F/SN, but I've let it sit for now. Maybe before the end of the year. Right now I'm watching the new Baki show.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I really want to watch some shows but a couple aren't even getting subs or effort because official "subbing"/localization companies like CR and Funi or Aniplex have crippled the fan subbing scene for almost half a decade now

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Muv-Luv Alternative's first episode wasn't anywhere as bad as I had assumed it would be, even though they repeated a similar concept like with Total Eclipse' anime and created a anime-only original albeit canon set up for the main events.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
I managed to actually drop some obviously garbage shows. Not doing so has been a bad habit of mine lately.

Apparently I'm still watching 44 shows including some Youtube stuff from Pokemon and Gundam and a few short form shows, which is absurd.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
When your time becomes more precious and limited, you'll generally be using the 3 episode rule a lot more often. This is what has happened for me since 2015. I used to average 5-7 shows a season then 4-6, then 4-5 now I can barely suffer a season's lineup without 3 to 4 at maximum because I want to work on my backlog.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
When your time becomes more precious and limited, you'll generally be using the 3 episode rule a lot more often. This is what has happened for me since 2015. I used to average 5-7 shows a season then 4-6, then 4-5 now I can barely suffer a season's lineup without 3 to 4 at maximum because I want to work on my backlog.
In my case it's largely been the opposite. I've been picking up more with the thought that there's several shows out there that I'd only enjoy week to week and not as a marathoned backlog show.

However more and more anime are being created per season. I think this year had the most anime ever and it had all of those delayed Covid shows on top. I'm only five short of how many anime I watched last year atm and that doesn't count any anime airing that hasn't ended.

I wonder how much time I'd have if I watched less, but this is my free time after all and I can spend it how I wish. Finding an ideal balance would be nice, though.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
In my case it's largely been the opposite. I've been picking up more with the thought that there's several shows out there that I'd only enjoy week to week and not as a marathoned backlog show.

However more and more anime are being created per season. I think this year had the most anime ever and it had all of those delayed Covid shows on top. I'm only five short of how many anime I watched last year atm and that doesn't count any anime airing that hasn't ended.

I wonder how much time I'd have if I watched less, but this is my free time after all and I can spend it how I wish. Finding an ideal balance would be nice, though.
I like working on backlogged shows in general because its ironically the opposite reason that you have. Having the time to be able to take my leisure in watching older shows without worrying about the stress of maintaining my current seasonal watching list and staying up to date, week by week, episode by episode.

Usually I knock out 2 or 3 shows a year that are on my backlog.

Like right now I plan on watching both seasons of Chu2 and Jormungand.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
I like working on backlogged shows in general because its ironically the opposite reason that you have. Having the time to be able to take my leisure in watching older shows without worrying about the stress of maintaining my current seasonal watching list and staying up to date, week by week, episode by episode.

Usually I knock out 2 or 3 shows a year that are on my backlog.

Like right now I plan on watching both seasons of Chu2 and Jormungand.
I go through one backlog show at a time. The issue with my backlog is that I'm basically out of all of the shows I "want" to watch. There's some others that are considered good, but might not be what I'm looking for and some other less good shows or other stuff I just passed over for whatever reason. These days I've never lucky when I end up discovering a show I'd rate a 7 or higher. Plenty ends up being low 6s or 5s.

Since last year I started keeping count of everything I finished and divided it into the category of anime from that year (ones that end that year) and anything before that. New movies go in the former even if they released in the latter due to the lack of availability until those dates. OVAs get grouped with their respective season. Technically stuff like the new Baki season are both backlog and from this current year so it gets grouped with the new stuff instead of the older stuff. I then rate everything from 0-10.

I'm at 108 2021 anime and 87 Backlog shows this year. Last year it was 103 and 89. So I guess I have passed last year's already.

My current backlog show is Strike the Blood IV. It's not a great series, but the last two OVA seasons were a slight improvement over the original season. It's like diet coke Toaru.

I keep a large supply of potential shows handy and watch whatever strikes my fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back