Suggestion Fixing up the post creator.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Yeah, I feel like there are 2 problems with it.

1. word/character count.

I would like there to be a word/character count so I know when I've hit the limit. It got really annoying trying to make threadmarks and trying to split them and still hitting the limit despite cutting out half of the threadmark.

2. Fullscreen mode.

Would like the ability to go fullscreen so I when I make big posts I can write, scroll and edit them easier.

Really I'm saying that the post creator should be more like SV's.

2022-04-02.png

EDIT: Well less like SV's and more like add these two things that SV has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry I didn't see this sooner! It got lost in the weeds of OBD threads when searching for new posts :blobfacade

I added a word count feature a while back, but it was causing a muck on mobile. I'll give it another shot and see what I can find. What is SV btw?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/advanced-bb-codes-pack.7091/ SV is using this add-on and covers both requests; jfc $35 just to use two features :blobcry

Let me check it out over the weekend and buy it if the word count bug on mobile that I experienced before got fixed on their demo forum on the latest release.
Questions:

1. Can the word count be section/group specific?
2. You aren't going to spend money on the addon, I assume. Any other ideas, or is this not an easy thing to resolve?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Questions:

1. Can the word count be section/group specific?
2. You aren't going to spend money on the addon, I assume. Any other ideas, or is this not an easy thing to resolve?
1. Yep, different addon tho, same dude who created the avatar frames, username fanciness, etc.
2. The Word Counter addon is free, but as for the Advanced BBCodes addon, we would need to test it elsewhere.
  • I can also create a guide on how to set up XenForo locally, including the steps to experiment with addons on your own laptop or wherever you prefer.

Back