Games You Like, But Are Not Great At Playing

Kaigainiki

ホンカ・ドンカ・バドンカス
V.I.P. Member
Always wanted to ask others about their experiences with this kind of thing.

I mean, we've all ragequitted and we've all slogged through the difficult. But are there any games/genres/etc. you've enjoyed regardless of not getting the hang of playing?

Examples for me: Love the Ace Attorney series. The characters, the stories, but man do I feel stupid about some of my logic puzzle ability. lol

Also rhythm games. Love Taiko Drummaster, and I'd even say I'm decent at it. (Mainly because it's only two inputs.) But give me something with various directional/button inputs in the same genre, and my brain just lags.

Last edited:

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i enjoy halo a lot but i am fucking ass when it comes to online matchmaking

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
It's like this thread was made with my relationship with fighting games in mind. I love them, but they don't love me. They beat me up and take my lunch money, and I keep coming back to them.

I stopped even trying to play online years ago. But I still enjoy them. Even the somewhat technical aspects of them. I like that they're complicated; I like that you basically have to learn a whole new language just to understand what's happening in them; I like the feeling I get when the planets align and I actually do something cool.

I suppose I love neat character designs most of all. Fighting game characters have lots of great little design quirks in their animations. There's so much creativity in them.

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
Also, while I did finish it, I suppose I never really got good at Sekiro the way I did at Souls. But damn, is it satisfying to play.

Bump

Lurking
V.I.P. Member
Dark Souls series
Bloodbourne looks amazing, always have to watch my younger brother wreck the shit out it

Bump

Lurking
V.I.P. Member
Yeah I’d add Apex to my list too, I enjoy it but I don’t contribute much

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Street Fighter 3rd Strike. any fighting game could be here but 3S is my favorite and I've spent countless hours watching tournament footage, but I'm just not good at fighting games no matter how much I enjoy them

Distant Worlds
Master of Orion 2
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
X-COM 1&2 (the original ones)
Blood
Mirror's Edge (dun ask)
Psychonauts
Resident Evil up to 4
Shadow Man
Contra: Hard Corps
StarCraft 1&2
Worms Armageddon
Any point and click adventure game ever

Was gonna add Serious Sam TFE & TSE but I dare you to play above the normal difficulty without getting a stroke.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
TECHNICALLY Overwatch but I was pretty damn good for my rank, outplaying the average DPS player and being a fairly solid tank and healer. Nonethless as I was starting to reach gold rank regularly my internet starting to go bad and I was getting 300 ms ping.

I was good for rank but in the grand scheme a pretty shit player if the ranking system is any indication.

Back