Gaming Convo Thread #1: Here's Your Continue Screen

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Celceta's a good starting point for the new style of gameplay Ys wise

It's also a damn good game and it's aged pretty well despite originally being a vita title

Sweet Jeff

damn i’m beautiful
V.I.P. Member
Everything Ys. Some of the best real time combat in a JRPG. Except for the first two games. Their gameplay aged like milk.

As for the soundtrack.

i’ve actually been looking into that series, couldn’t decide if i should start it or not. but i’ll take this suggestion as my sign to give it a shot.

also yes the soundtrack definitely sounds worth it

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
I would personally recommend Ys: Origin first as it's a prequel before all the other games, has one of the best stories, good gameplay, and will add to your experience if you play Ys 1 and Ys 2 afterwards but as I've said before? They remastered them so they look better but the gameplay is "eh." Then either The Oath in Felghana or The Ark of Napishtim. Afterwards go for Memories of Celceta and Ys 7. Lacrimosa of Dana. Then Monstrum Nox.

Word of warning Lacrimosa of Dana has a wonky translation.

Sweet Jeff

damn i’m beautiful
V.I.P. Member
I would personally recommend Ys: Origin first as it's a prequel before all the other games, has one of the best stories, good gameplay, and will add to your experience if you play Ys 1 and Ys 2 afterwards but as I've said before? They remastered them so they look better but the gameplay is "eh." Then either The Oath in Felghana or The Ark of Napishtim. Afterwards go for Memories of Celceta and Ys 7. Lacrimosa of Dana. Then Monstrum Nox.

Word of warning Lacrimosa of Dana has a wonky translation.

I think I saw Origins on the Switch eshop on sale for like $8 earlier when I was browsing. If so I’ll totally try it out. Hopefully i’ll like it, and if so, i’ll give 1 & 2 a look and find a story recap if the gameplay isn’t too good.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
punched a hole in my screen when i realized it wasn't the chosen undead

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
No disrespect to Kingdom Hearts, but we already had characters from Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, and the latter two are much more successful franchises.

Rayman, or even Spyro or Crash Bandicoot would have been much better.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
FAjhWjNXoAITl9G.jpg%3Alarge

Back