Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A thread for all Gridman related goodness. So far Gridman Universe consists of Hyper Agent Gridman, Gridman: Boy Creates Hero, SSSS.Gridman and SSSS.Dynazenon, as well as various manga and novels. A movie is also in the works, with a working title of Gridman X Dynazenon. There's also a bunch of crossover games.
5LjDatj.png

8bWWQi6.png

Reactions: Ral

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Director Hirochika Muraishi has passed away on March 27th. The achievements of director Muraishi, who left behind works loved by people, including "Denkou Chojin Gridman," are immeasurable. I feel very lonely, but I will continue to work hard with respect and gratitude. We pray for the souls from the bottom of my heart. SSSS series production committee and all staff
Rest in peace.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gridman X Dynazenon has been officially confirmed for a release next year. Yuta, Rikka, Utsumi, Yogomi, Yume, Koyomi and Chise have all been confirmed to be returning.

4ViMnZX.jpg

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
It's pretty good and the 2 recent series aren't long, if you have the time check it out
My issue with the anime series is pretty binary though:

- Gridman was fine and enjoyable
- the sequel was kind of boring though

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Yeah the second series has more problems with its second half than the original series does and left me with mixed feelings at the end, but I would still give it a recommend overall as a mech enjoyer

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I don't even still understand to this day what the point of the Kaijuu eugnics or whatever they were called dudes were since the show seemed to be dsyfunctional about how it treated them

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Yeah IMO the Kaiju Eugenicists kinda needed their own episode, even if means making the series 13 in total

They serve their role as counterparts to the Main characters (they're stuck in the past and can't move on while the main characters reject them and even if it's considered shameless, stop dwelling in the past and get on with their lives), but they leave out too much about their past so...

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In addition to the main cast (Yuta, Rikka, Yogomi, Yume, Koyomi, Sho, Chisa and of course Gridman), Cailbur, Borr, Vit, Max, Knight, the Second & Rikka's mother will also be returning.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gridman's new form. 👀

It has some Khan Digifer/Alexis Kerub energy. Wonder if Gridman will be corrupted and need to be saved (by Dynazenon or Gridman Sigma)?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
bruh thats an evangelion
You're an Evangelion

The original SP//DR was inspired at least in part by Evangelion (the comics even have a direct reference to Rei & Asuka, as well as Simon from Gurren Lagann), so I see this as coming full circle (especially given Yoshinari helped animate Evangelion).

Back