Halo Infinite

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Campaign was decent, but I don't play MP games anymore cause of those damn script kiddies who can't win a match legitimately :ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I found this eggo during my first two days of playing campaign and I was confused to who tf this was, but I now know WHOM it was

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
lmao yeah there are a few of those, i found that one and the arbiter one

campaign was fun. i wasnt too invested in the story but i had a good time playing it

Reactions: Ral

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Campaign was decent, but I don't play MP games anymore cause of those damn script kiddies who can't win a match legitimately :ral
It has to be the opposite for me. Campaign was pretty cookiecutter and honestly lackluster, I know their claiming that 343 and Microsoft will support Infinite for the next 10 years or so with expansions to the story, adding co-op and Forge mode but the open world was so fucking empty, and not much content that it really felt incredibly short.

Multiplayer is decent but it has a host of issues to me:

- grenades feel severely underpowered compared to prior games
- emphasis on equipment; particularly repulsor and grapple-hook are dominant
- BR in Infinite feels as all-around best weapon in the game like it was in 2 and 3 or the DMR in Reach was
- weird spawn locations that can get you instantly killed (especially in Tactical Slayer aka SWAT and Team Slayer)
- some levels aren't even suited for having aerial vehicles like the Hornet or Banshee like Launch Site so it boggles the mind why the hell they were included
- lack of consistent stat/career tracking which is the first in any Halo game
- only 10 or so levels for multiplayer and less than half of those are suited for 8v8 or 12v12 sized matches for BTB

As for Singleplayer:

- Marines not being able to drive vehicles when they could do this three or four generations ago/20+ years ago on the OG Xbox is kind of embarrassing
- Why are certain weapons not in Infinite like the Elite Plasma Rifle, Needler Rifle, classic shotgun, flares, etc...

Last edited:

Maddie

Acclaimed
not buying it until/unless 343i fixes it up fast. I waited 5 years for this and am depressed and pissed. Open world was too much to ask, should have just been Halo 2 Vacation to Crysis level with large maps with relatively linear objectives you can go from multiple angles.

I wish I got into Doom earlier. Eternal has been the absolutely most fun FPS I have ever played and Sigil has an arguably better soundtrack than Halo 2 and Portal 2

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
- Marines not being able to drive vehicles when they could do this three or four generations ago/20+ years ago on the OG Xbox is kind of embarrassing
I do admit that one major annoyance for me regarding the marines was that their AI was terrible, especially when a vehicle dropped...

The marines either stood there and got squashed or there would be a few who didn't know what the fuck to do and proceeded to break-dance on the floor :skully

I also admit that the content was sorta bland as I did feel the progressiveness and difficulty increase as I went through waves of enemies and missions, but most of the time I would simply tank it through with no issue what so ever and overrun a FOB or two along the way.

Lastly, Dupetana's pestering to complete a main mission proved quite an annoyance, but other than those little issues, I quite enjoyed the game-play, despite campaign mode feeling short in story.

>drive into mission objective
>smash
>bash
>slingshot grab weapons with grapple hook
>chug grenades in all directions
>mission complete
> clark

Maddie

Acclaimed
I know not all the campaigns are out but Halo Infinite shouldn't have brought in this Endless/Harbinger shit. Too convoluted and hackneyed. Just confirm Cortana was going through a logic plague of the Gravemind and this rendition of the Flood is advanced enough to infect Prometheans too. Make the Gravemind the final villain of Halo.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I do admit that one major annoyance for me regarding the marines was that their AI was terrible, especially when a vehicle dropped...

The marines either stood there and got squashed or there would be a few who didn't know what the fuck to do and proceeded to break-dance on the floor :skully

I also admit that the content was sorta bland as I did feel the progressiveness and difficulty increase as I went through waves of enemies and missions, but most of the time I would simply tank it through with no issue what so ever and overrun a FOB or two along the way.

Lastly, Dupetana's pestering to complete a main mission proved quite an annoyance, but other than those little issues, I quite enjoyed the game-play, despite campaign mode feeling short in story.

>drive into mission objective
>smash
>bash
>slingshot grab weapons with grapple hook
>chug grenades in all directions
>mission complete
> clark
I just run around grappling enemies and shock punching them.

Just snag a BR and a plasma carbine/Stalker/Shock rifle and you can dab on everything short of hunter pairs ezpz

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
The BR is pretty OP in SP and MP. I actually managed to get that rare BLOCKED medal when I timed the replusors at point blank on some fucker trying to rocket blast me and it blew him up.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
I know not all the campaigns are out but Halo Infinite shouldn't have brought in this Endless/Harbinger shit. Too convoluted and hackneyed. Just confirm Cortana was going through a logic plague of the Gravemind and this rendition of the Flood is advanced enough to infect Prometheans too. Make the Gravemind the final villain of Halo.
yeah, even if they're trying to circle back to the flood in some annoying roundabout way, the mess they're leaving behind makes it hard for me to give a shit about anything they're trying to write

don't think i've cared about a single antagonist 343 has introduced, the only two that i kind of enjoyed were escharum and jega but they definitely weren't amazing or exceptional in any way. 343 seems to keep introducing new antagonists and factions every game they release too lol. and then promptly kill them off in side media in the case of the didact, or unceremoniously at the beginning of 5 like jul 'mdama

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Remember

This game had a 500 to 600+ million dollar budget and was in production for over six fucking years

yeah, even if they're trying to circle back to the flood in some annoying roundabout way, the mess they're leaving behind makes it hard for me to give a shit about anything they're trying to write

don't think i've cared about a single antagonist 343 has introduced, the only two that i kind of enjoyed were escharum and jega but they definitely weren't amazing or exceptional in any way. 343 seems to keep introducing new antagonists and factions every game they release too lol. and then promptly kill them off in side media in the case of the didact, or unceremoniously at the beginning of 5 like jul 'mdama
The problem with Escharum is that he talks shit but hardly does anything until he sends the two Brute brothers and later Jega near the tail end of the campaign after unleashing the earlier Spartan Killers. Escharum is just the kind of antagonist who has all this decent writing and building but the writers went with tell, not show, for most of the story. Jega was fine because they did the right thing, show and don't tell. Jega comes off early in the game, buts Tremonious in his place and shown to be Escharum's friend and enforcer/right-hand man; he later shows up to capture the pilot and his boss fight is in an enclosed area where he cloaks in and out to slash you up.

Escharum's boss fight was just taking out some generators and then running around where there are liberal amounts of shotguns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, plasma carbines, and battle-rifles. They took a lot of the impact of the big bad of the game (ignoring the Harbringer) being so easily countered.

Bare in mind the whole saving Marine squads, recovering UNSC FOBs, destroying Banished ones, is entirely ignored in the actual story.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
biggest issue i had with jega (not necessarily story related) was that i found chak 'lok to be more of a challenge than him. not sure if i just got lucky but the boss fight with jega was over in about a minute for me

word though. that was easily the biggest issue with escharum. the fact that he was ill/just getting very old (coughs and seems out of breath a few times) gave me the impression that he was well aware of he was going to die soon regardless of whether or not it was in combat, so he saw chief as a opportunity to try and go out as a legend. that combined with the brute home world getting obliterated almost gave him a bit of a sad element to him even if it was small. like shit was really coming to an end for him in more ways than one. but the guy does spend 90% of the game threatening you through holograms and chilling in his ship while talking to jega or the harbinger.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I enjoy escharum ngl, him and Echo are the two real standouts in the campaign so far for me.
Jega too but I enjoy semi-silent blademaster type characters almost unconditionally so he's cheating

He hams up every scene he's in and I can tell the voice actor for him was having fun with the role and him basically acting like a WWE hypebeast announcer for chief is endearing in its own way.

Wish the game had more Atriox in it but I think the way they handled it was alright, show how badass and strong and cool he is and then save him for later down the line in infinite's life cycle as a live-service style game

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Well the weirdest shit in Infinite's campaign ending was the whole time travel shit

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I just run around grappling enemies and shock punching them.

Just snag a BR and a plasma carbine/Stalker/Shock rifle and you can dab on everything short of hunter pairs ezpz
Not gonna lie, this is what I did too on top of resorting to rocket launcher missile to face tactics :skully

Back