Halo TV Series

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
last time i read about this i think they said it's a combination of adapting things from the games + coming up with new stories but not sure if that's true

please put arbiter in it though

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
ctrl+f arbiter - phrase not found
ctrl+f thel - phrase not found

If you look at the screenshots from the TV series in that twitter quote, it looks like a Sangheili that could be the Arbiter.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
which one? the only covenant i see is the one with the prophet.

Nevermind, it was John. It looked like a Sangheili when I was looking at the picture the other day, though that's probably because I was glancing at it versus actually looking.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
visually it looks pretty good aside from cortana. the spartan armor especially

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Nope. The whole war with humanity was predicated on the discovery by the Prophets that humans most closely resembled the Forerunners, their 'gods'.
Forerunners = ancient humans was completely disregarded by 343i's take on the lore and butchering it.
Ancient humanity vs the Forerunners is what 343i did.

I'm aware it was 343 industries take on it and I never said the Forerunners were human.

"The war was instigated by the High Prophets of the Covenant following a discovery which led them to believe that humans were directly related to the Forerunners, contradicting their ancient religion."

Literally what I said. The High Prophets believed that humanity was related to the Forerunners, not that they were.

I literally owned every Halo game at one point and have a Halo encyclopedia dude.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I'm aware it was 343 industries take on it and I never said the Forerunners were human.
I never said that you did that.
"The war was instigated by the High Prophets of the Covenant following a discovery which led them to believe that humans were directly related to the Forerunners, contradicting their ancient religion."
I'm pretty familiar with the lore and expanded universe of Halo, you don't need to be so defensive my man.
Literally what I said. The High Prophets believed that humanity was related to the Forerunners, not that they were.

I literally owned every Halo game at one point and have a Halo encyclopedia dude.
Okay? So do I, dude. What does this have to do with what I said? I never accused you have posturing or having false information, I don't understand why you are acting so defensive and reactive about this. All I said, ad verbatim, was that 343i's take on the lore ruined what Bungie originally intended: ancient human being the Forerunners, and they altered it post Halo/Master Chief trilogy with swapping the Forerunners being at war with ancient humans and both having relations to the Precursors.

My entire post was: "343 Industries sucks and they ruined the lore. Is that chick in the TV series supposed to be a human prophet?"
Nothing more, nothing less.

My entire post was: "343 Industries sucks and they ruined the lore. Is that chick in the TV series supposed to be a human prophet?"
That is not at all what you said. You said and I quote:

"Forerunners = ancient humans was completely disregarded by 343i's take on the lore and butchering it.
Ancient humanity vs the Forerunners is what 343i did."

Quoting my comment about the war with the Covenant. Whether we both misconstrued our words or not is something else; but, I was responding defensively to how your comment came across and was worded.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
That is not at all what you said. You said and I quote:

"Forerunners = ancient humans was completely disregarded by 343i's take on the lore and butchering it.
Ancient humanity vs the Forerunners is what 343i did."
Yes that is what I said, why are you being so overtly defensive again? What did my comment do in response to your earlier post about 343i screwing up the Bungie lore? Don't stone wall me, I'm giving you every curtsy here.
Quoting my comment about the war with the Covenant. Whether we both misconstrued our words or not is something else; but, I was responding defensively to how your comment came across and was worded.
I didn't misconstrue anything. Because that would imply I took some kind of double speak from your words and ran contrary to what you were saying, you are looking for arguments here when there is no need for one.

Don't stone wall me, I'm giving you every curtsy here.
I'm not stonewalling you, I agree on the 343i issue. I was very disappointed with what 343i did with the Halo franchise. Bungie crafted a wonderful and deep lore of a fantasy universe that they would have had to do little other than pick what time period they wanted to use for the next one, not to mention the large number of printed volumes considered canon in the universe to translate.

Cortana looking more like a human than a CGI hologram is beyond weird. I guess they're doing it to cater to the ChiefxCortana shippers.

Back