Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Digital editions/ebook.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Either, I'm not picky.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I dont read.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I prefer a physical copy of a book to a digital alternative.

Basically because it allows me to read it whenever I want, without needing a laptop or something of that ilk.
I feel the same way most of the time or well, used to. When I'm at home, I prefer to read physical copies because there's nothing that beats the feel of the paper between your fingers or being able to relax without hunching over to stare at a screen. When I'm on the go, at a movie theater waiting for the film to start or when I'm traveling in the passenger seat of a plane or automobile, I prefer digital because I don't have to worry about losing the book.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Something about physical copies always attracts me. Part of reading a book is to get away from technology (plus I'm building up a private library over the years).

Reactions: Ral

Bump

Lurking
V.I.P. Member
Depends honestly on the book but I normally always go hardcopy, I only own a couple ebooks

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm an e-book nibba even though most of these apps for reading PDF's still haven't added dark mode support so RIP eyes 😢

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Physical copies 100%

Don't care if they take up space, the magic started with holding an actual book and exploring the world

I do read e-Books, but I struggle with maintaining and giving proper attention (rarely do I get hooked enough to just read it all within a day or whatever) so I like them the least, but they are good for portability

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Physical copies 100%

Don't care if they take up space, the magic started with holding an actual book and exploring the world

I do read e-Books, but I struggle with maintaining and giving proper attention (rarely do I get hooked enough to just read it all within a day or whatever) so I like them the least, but they are good for portability
I grew tired of papercuts due to the dry and cold weather in NYC, but I do enjoy reading a freshly published book with that good old lovely tree smell. Taking a whiff of the inner creases of the book rekindles the allure of imaginative reading and that smelly smell that smells... smelly, if you know what I mean :wack

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
I feel warmth and comfort in just laying back and having a book to read in a way which can’t be replicated by the cold and steril screen

Back