High & Low Series Discussion Thread

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
high1.jpg

Just started watching this series and I love it. I've already seen the movies with the OBD bros but I'm posting this here not as a feat thread (not that you can't use it if you want) but a discussion thread for the series as a whole. For the fans of Crows/Worst, it's in the same universe but in a way bigger league. Let's get this shit cracking.

Also, Son Fujio solos :mjpls

Man, no one started this thread yet? Okay then:

Kohaku is the strongest person in the series being able to fight off Cobra(The MC of High and Low), Yamato and Tsukumo at the same time and all 3 of them are various levels of decently superhuman showing just how ridiculous he truly is.
And you can't deny the man's drip.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i introduced this series to nihilus, xhom and many other obders and they liked it a lot

is pmuch another superhuman action series, means, in this case, superhuman yakuzas and delinquents fight against each other or other underground nigs, while kino ost and choreo is on the background, whats crazy, these actors are jpop and jrock artists who know martial arts and parkour, truly talented

now, in 2019

this series becomes officially part of the crows/worst verse, one of the og superhuman punk series out there, since the 90s

overall

its one of those movie franchises where it doesnt have to be murican themed to be popular and good, asian and bolly movies are superior to many modern next gen murican movies, by far

the story centers around five urban gangs collectively referred to as S.W.O.R.D.:

Sannoh Rengokai Hoodlum Squad

White Rascals

Oya High School

Rude Boys

Daruma Ikka

these gangs took control of different parts of their city, and overall, they named as s.w.o.r.d alliance, they fighting ferociously to maintain control of their territory, right wrongs, or to avenge their friends or fight against junkie bosses and try to neutralize other illegal stuff

the era is split in the og trilogy and the next gen, the og era (first movies, before the vs worst crossover) is centered around the adult chars of the series, with a glimpse of certain super teen punks being part of it, after the og era ended, the next gen of the super punks side is now active and the story centers around them

the order to watch it, goes like this (lore wise)

the og era

- high low tv series (2 seasons)
- high low movie 1
- high low movie 2
- high low movie 3

and the current super teen punk era

- high low vs worst tv series (1 season)
- high low vs worst (2019)
- high low vs worst x (2022)

spin off series (canon too) are:

- high low rain
- high low dtc

and these 2 movies take place during the og trilogy era (before the vs worst crossover)

now

superhuman feats in this series includes:

- enduring dozens of hits to the skull and ribs, from steel pipes
- crazy antagonist minions (nameless mooks even) after using drugs, they can keep stand up and fight, after being set on fire
- chars can fall from dozens of meters and stand up
- chars can punch holes through walls
- can punch others several meters in the air, or lifting them with one hand and also sending them flying, dozens of meters away
- one of the strongest punks (i dont want to spoil) in the series, pushed a small building sized structure, casually, and there is another super punk who is stronger than him, not to mention, high tiers and top tiers adult nigs of the series, are stronger than them
- some faster than the eye can see movement for many chars, can even aim dodge to gunshots
- again, from the punks side, the youngest sword leader known as murayama, when he was a freshman, to become the leader of his school, he had to endure 100 punches, from everyone, and he did it, and also stomped them later, and this gai is also the only char from the super punks side, who had a draw with one of the strongest adult sword leaders

are some examples

also, let me post some quick examples of the kino ost this series has (really lit)

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
i wanted to stream these tv series together to watch them, cuz only those we didnt see (the gaidens are meh)

but no prob, glad to know you enjoy them, i will not spoil, you gon see how tuff things were there, and cobra the og mc showing why fujio, despite being the current mc, needs a lot to catch up with those gais

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
i wanted to stream these tv series together to watch them, cuz only those we didnt see (the gaidens are meh)

but no prob, glad to know you enjoy them, i will not spoil, you gon see how tuff things were there, and cobra the og mc showing why fujio, despite being the current mc, needs a lot to catch up with those gais
Nigga we gonna stream em anyway

For the quality of what is

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
told ya before, months ago

many toku actors are there, both from kamen rider and super sentai

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Finished Season Two and the first movie. Now onto Red Rain. So far within the first five minutes I'm enjoying it. The first movie was great though after actually knowing what's going on now. So much is happening in this series that you could fit Kamurocho in this bitch if you wanted to.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
thats the keypart

when you learn the lore from the series, despite being rewatched and explaining it to you as a group, its also better to rewatch it also by yourself, in order to understand it better

and

glad

that you now at this part of getting the lore, dont worry, i can also explain to you things, but this time, u gon get them easier, since you have the idea of how things act, as of now, from what i see, you really try to know that high low kino is about, by experiencing it on your own

keep watching, once you fully watch it, in order like i told you, u gon see, why its one of the best movie action franchises of the past decade (i know you became a fan for months now, but you get what i am saying)

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
second movie has the best choreo in the series

first movie has the best tag sync fights

and

third movie has best open world fights on various parts

Back