How do we handle Super Robot Wars scaling?

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Late ass thread as there aren't many SRW threads in a long while, but I'm curious because it's a cool series and involves so many crossovers

How do we handle the scaling for characters in this verse especially the top tiers? For example Supreme God Z is apparently superior to Shin Mazinger Zero and the STTGL. So do we scale it to TTGL's best feats and cosmology making it megaversal or whatever?

Basically I'm sort of asking how we determine canon for the series, do we assume everything from series participating in SRW is canon to the showings?

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
SRW characters/mechas basically have the same showings as their original series in the SRW storyline itself

but you would still use the SRW Version if there's a conflict

E

Example

Unconfirmed
You know if all of the SRW games are all within the same continuity (and thus, all of them are canon to each other)?

If so, scaling could vary for some of the mechs. If levelled up enough, shouldn't all of the mechs in that game scale directly to the final boss?

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
They're all "canon" but there's no evidence of the latter. Mechs in series are noted to be stronger or weaker than other mechs, levels remain game mechanics even for SRW.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Late ass thread as there aren't many SRW threads in a long while, but I'm curious because it's a cool series and involves so many crossovers

How do we handle the scaling for characters in this verse especially the top tiers? For example Supreme God Z is apparently superior to Shin Mazinger Zero and the STTGL. So do we scale it to TTGL's best feats and cosmology making it megaversal or whatever?

Basically I'm sort of asking how we determine canon for the series, do we assume everything from series participating in SRW is canon to the showings?
I like to think Zero is one of the few at the top due to him wiping out every other super robot in fiction according to his own shit

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Zero is mega nerfed in SRW

he's got like 2 black boxes active (predictions and adaptation/remodeling)

Full power Zero needs all 6-8 IIRC

Back