How Many Hours Put Into Pokemon?

Maddie

Acclaimed
So I am getting burnt out on DQM (Thanks to J3 being kind of a letdown compared to the supreme M2 remake which is a god tier game) and getting back into Pokemon out of nostalgia and urgency to prepare for the shop's demise.

I decided to look back at my DS game time, and was kind of surprised at how low my hours were.

-85 Hours in OR
-50 hours in Y
-50 hours in UM
-95 hours in B2
-Like 30 hours in S

I find these crazy low considering I racked 150 hours in M2 over the course of 2 months as an adult with a job (And had college when I was playing them), but so low on these games which shaped a lot of my teenage years when I had more freetime. Still interesting and I felt a surge of nostalgia opening my childhood games again.

How much have you put into your games?

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
The only ones I remember are that as a kid I had over 100 hours in firered, which I still consider one of the best games because they designed it just well enough to keep pumping hours into (Sevii Islands and VS Seeker particularly, made the endgame not tedious)

I replayed Crystal a couple of years ago and got about 60 hours into that, and it's even more amazing than I thought it was as a kid

Currently in hiatus on an Emerald playthrough but I'm not sure how many hours I've gotten, I think between 20-30, I'm nearing the endgame.

E

Example

Unconfirmed
Emerald Kaizo, around 220 hours before I started a new game on it.

Pokemon Black & Black 2? Around 147 & 112 hours each. Postgame material for both of those games didn't suit my cup of tea.

Don't remember the other games since it's been over a decade since I played any of the games that came after Emerald and kind of lost my appeal for Pokemon after Black & White 2 so....

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Yeah I never played the SP experiences much. Plus with emulators adding little by little over time...

Probably no more than 80 hours up to gen 6. With Gen 5 having the least then gen 1 following.

Played Pokemon Zeta and Insurgence for over 100 each though.

Dwimmerlaik

Changer of Ways
I was actually typing out an estimation for every generation and became almost embarrassed with how many hours I put into this franchise

Nearly 500 hours on Sapphire alone

Back