♥Luffy x Nami FC♥

Hidden Wanted Poster

• Looking for something new to behold on your journey to find One Piece? Check out this fanzine created by the LuNa Discord group!

https://lunaticfanzine.com/

Warlordgab

Illustrious
I wanted to share something odd I've been seeing recently...

Some shippers from social media are assuming Boa Hancock is based on Oda's wife. Not sure, where that idea comes from? Maybe they hang onto nonsensical comparisons with anime-only filler. Maybe it comes from a random theory I've never heard about

I'm not fond of theories, it's better to work with the story as it is right now instead of relying on speculations

It surprised me because we already know Oda's wife, Chiaki Inaba, does have a connection with a character in the story, but not in the way shippers would like to believe

People who say Hancock is based on Inaba forgot she was a Nami cosplayer. In fact, Oda met Inaba when she played Nami at a Jump Festa; they got married in 2004
a215ce9a885a44a9_9e9d9f8aa99b50b7_10448015147260426143215.jpg

Still, we cannot say Nami is based on Oda's wife either. In fact, according to a 2019 interview at Oda's house, it's the other way around, he quotes that a "mangaka often marries to a person who's similar with the heroine" of his manga. It's not that Nami is based on his wife, it's more like his wife is a Nami-ish woman. As some people would say, he married his own "waifu"

I know it may not look relevant, but since some shippers claim Hancock is Inaba, this post seems fitting for this place

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Preeminent

Some shippers from social media are assuming Boa Hancock is based on Oda's wife. Not sure, where that idea comes from? Maybe they hang onto nonsensical comparisons with anime-only filler. Maybe it comes from a random theory I've never heard about

I'm not fond of theories, it's better to work with the story as it is right now instead of relying on speculations

It surprised me because, we already know Oda's wife, Chiaki Inaba, does have a connection with a character in the story, but not in the way shippers would like to believe

People say Hancock is based on Inaba forgot she was a Nami cosplayer. In fact, Oda met Inaba when she played Nami at a Jump Festa; they got married in 2004

Still, we cannot say Nami is based on Oda's wife either. In fact, according to a 2019 interview at Oda's house, it's the other way around, he quotes that a "mangaka often marries to a person who's similar with the heroine" of his manga. It's not that Nami is based on his wife, it's more like his wife is a Nami-ish woman. As some people would say, he married his own "waifu"

I know it may not look relevant, but since some shippers claim Hancock is Inaba, this post seems fitting for this place
Wow thats odas wife. I would fall in love with her if she had that cosplay .

Jesse Pinkman

Preeminent

It surprised me because we already know Oda's wife, Chiaki Inaba, does have a connection with a character in the story, but not in the way shippers would like to believe

People who say Hancock is based on Inaba forgot she was a Nami cosplayer. In fact, Oda met Inaba when she played Nami at a Jump Festa; they got married in 2004

Personally i think luffy will end up with no one.

Nami seems interesting choice i may have missed moments with luffy that implies romance.

I personally think luffy will marry someone who is laidback just like him my two cent. I know i am in luffy x nami shipping club dont want to create war . If the ship happens i am totally fine i hope to see romantic moment from luffy as well .

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Well, given the most recent episode, and the fact I have internet access again, I decided to post something here...
dtCEHnl.png

The episode is a relatively serviceable adaptation, with the best part being Akemi Okamura's performance. Of course, I'm talking as a manga-only fan who only watches specific scenes in youtube.

The manga is still the more impactful despite the lack of flashbacks...
3nzl9lH.png

zXAx20C.png
I know this is the Spanish release, but the translation here used the same wording as the original version in japanese, as in "Luffy... the Pirate King, it will be him... definitely!" (or "without a doubt!")

This is a moment pretty consistent with Nami's character as portrayed so far. The episode recycled some stuff from the "Episode of East Blue," although there is a couple of scenes that showcased why this is such a neat Nami moment.

The most obvious is from WCI. When Sanji KOd a weakened Luffy while trash-talking his dream, Nami's response was...
e096728e72a2d6364c778dcd4b32b0146bf5da53.png

Flashforward to Onigashima and Nami finds herself facing what she deems as "certain death," and the only way to escape death is to "lie" about Luffy's dream, his future as Pirate King. Why does she refuses as seen in the manga? A showcase of loyalty. But, Usopp and Sanji were willing to lie under extreme pressure, and they're still loyal to the captain, so what gives?

Well...

Recall Skypiea, when Nami kept panicking, Luffy told her she should stop acting like that because she’s a companion of the future Pirate King. Luffy made a connection between their success and the certainty of his dream. And she took this to heart. Once Luffy falls from Enel's arc, Nami draws enough courage to stand her ground against Enel

In a way, she sees Luffy's dream as a guarantee of success, the reason why they can win and keep moving forward. It's a reasoning she uses in the WCI arc...

...to claim that, without a doubt, Luffy could outlast Cracker's biscuit replicas, even to her captain's surprise. With moments like these, it's no suprise she ranked so high in the world popularity poll.

Warlordgab

Illustrious
A good chapter for the LuNa shippers @Warlordgab :catsalute
Thanks for letting me know 😄

I'm leaving the little crumbs here.:
pGj3QS3.png

C8Sg8nc.png

Still, Rome wasn't built in a day. If I have to write something about this subject, I prefer to wait for the chapter to age a little before posting something more substantial about it

It doesn't help, I already wrote a lot about a similar moment we had several chapters ago when Nami was facing Ulti: https://luna-nalu-blogs.blogspot.com/2021/05/nami-analysis-luffy-will-definitely.html

The issue is that it's pretty difficult for me to talk about that little scene without repeating what I already said in other places multiple times. E.g. Nami talking back to Kaido being reminiscent of that moment in WCI when Luffy and Nami were fighting Cracker:

Nami's faith in Luffy being remarkable enough that Luffy's goal is enough reason for her to believe their victory is certain, that Luffy would not lose

The only scene I could bring as something "new" is this...
wDolnyA.png

...but, even then I still need to time for all to sink in so I can find a way to properly explain how does this connect with Luffy being Nami's emotional anchor

Thank you!

EDIT:
Bits of the official English release:
0nFtyLS.jpg

OrXIvuQ.jpg
Full chapter available in mangaplus

Last edited:

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Sorry for the late welcome @Ral it's good to have you here...

Now, I know I've been absent for a while. RL issues got me busy, and Genshin Impact is quite addictive tbh

All I wanted to share, for now, is the LuNa fanzine made by the members of the LuNa discord. It was a project that took a while to finish...

If you want to download the fanzine, here's the link: https://lunaticfanzine.com/

And here's my contribution to the project: Why LuNa fans love LuNa

Enjoy!

• Support
Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry for the late welcome @Ral it's good to have you here...

Now, I know I've been absent for a while. RL issues got me busy, and Genshin Impact is quite addictive tbh

All I wanted to share, for now, is the LuNa fanzine made by the members of the LuNa discord. It was a project that took a while to finish...

If you want to download the fanzine, here's the link: https://lunaticfanzine.com/

And here's my contribution to the project: Why LuNa fans love LuNa

Enjoy!
No worries and do you mind if I promote that Fanzine in the OP section? It will be a banner on top of the threads list with the cover to the fanzine and a short summary.

Warlordgab

Illustrious
No worries and do you mind if I promote that Fanzine in the OP section? It will be a banner on top of the threads list with the cover to the fanzine and a short summary.

Go ahead, our pals at Discord worked hard on it, so it would be nice if their work gets more exposure and, if possible, more appreciation

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Go ahead, our pals at Discord worked hard on it, so it would be nice if their work gets more exposure and, if possible, more appreciation
We're also looking for some more love in our OP section if any of them are interested in livening it up a bit. I'm getting back into OP after spending so many years on manga hiatus :blobcry

Back