Luke Skywalker vs Jojo Villains

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Wasn't DIO's Stand capable of affecting the entire universe? I doubt just Time Manipulation resistance would hold up.
range = / = potency of hax though

time stop is time stop, you either resist it or you don't (of course there's also time stop that works on people who can already resist time stop in fiction, but that's besides the point and doesn't apply to The World)

Last edited:

Cubey

The Formality
Didn’t Luke keep like all of existence from falling apart in the finale of the sequel trilogy?

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
This is wrong as i've told you numerous times.

Range is and always will be a factor of potency.

Especially for shit like mindfucks/time stops etc as it automatically affects the number of people affected .
Dio's time stops had a greater and potentially infinite duration had he not been killed by Jotaro.
His weakness however was he was not able to adapt or his time stop ability simply could not operate under another user's time stopping, in this case Star Platinum's.

It doesn't really matter here, Dio is going to die in a 0.01 hundredth of a nanosecond before he could even think of utilizing time stopping against Luke.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
I'm not challenging that Lukes wrecks, i just find the general idea of range not being an aspect of potency asinine

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm not challenging that Lukes wrecks, i just find the general idea of range not being an aspect of potency asinine
It depends on what kind of potency we're talking about. Sure in this case Dio's time stop would technically have a higher "potency" than a stasis field but that only matters as far as the number of people affected like you said but you can't exactly stop time harder so if you have resistance against a 1 timestop you should have resistance against them all unless said character doing the timestop has feats of stopping people who have resisted it

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Stopping 8 bilion people in time across the planet is always gonna be more impressive/potent than stopping one person in time across a living room when looking at how the ability in question works/applies in general

The case by case basis come when looking at a third party interacting with the aforementioned examples like analyzing what kind of resistance they would have , where does it come from, how it works mechanically..etc.

Last edited:
I ultimately have to agree with Rey here, unless we have a DAMN good point on how strong a certain type of hax is, Rage very, very much = Potency because you are obviously affecting things throughout that entire Range vs. just a small ass area UNLESS said hax explicitly can affect those that can even deal with Time Stop(So Case By Case).

But those types are not as numerous as people think.
Of course, it doesn't stop Luke from murdering everyone who isn't Giorno because GER is bullshit but there you go.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The reason GER gets hyped up so much is because of range too

Otherwise we’d just laugh at the NLFs it tends to get

Stopping 8 bilion people in time across the planet is always gonna be more impressive/potent than stopping one person in time across a living room when looking at how the ability in question works/applies in general

The case by case basis come when looking at a third party interacting with the aforementioned examples like analyzing what kind of resistance they would have , where does it come from, how it works mechanically..etc.
I was mostly thinking of the latter with this.

The entire prospect of stopping Time should be should be universal by default tbh. Stopping a personal temporal field doesn’t seem to be the same as actively stopping time itself.

Back