Member recruitment

Abolish the 19th Amendment

‣ ↻
Administrator
Awesome!

So, I’ve told the boys this but life has been crazy and stressful and has run me down, nitty gritty details later:
We need dedicated social media people that update consistently for Twitter, FB, and probably some kind of subreddit.
And also, I’m looking into making some pretty big resources like mobile wallpapers and stuff for people to drag them into the site, and have it branch into something more than just a forum because a forum cannot stand by itself in these modern days. Something that gives and doesn’t just take. Articles done by members posted on the main site, trending topics to place more interest on us so this can be an official “hub” to discuss hot (or obscure) things.
Like Fuzzy Meow suggested, topics like True Crime are very alluring in their own way. It keeps people entertained and they get some pretty high interest. Stuff like that, stuff that hopefully shows in the first page of Google.
Kind of like Reddit, but better than Reddit. We need a hook. But why not have several hooks?

Ral and I also had an unofficial mascot I think we want to use again, which is a cat he named called Milo, something that’s recognizable and easy to see that it’s us, not some useless ass logo and obscure favicon a certain site uses.

Leng

Illustrious
JCS certainly started a big wave with their crime videos.

I don't mind helping as a collaborator for some audio, but am barely a content creator anymore.

Reactions: Ral

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Awesome!

So, I’ve told the boys this but life has been crazy and stressful and has run me down, nitty gritty details later:
We need dedicated social media people that update consistently for Twitter, FB, and probably some kind of subreddit.
And also, I’m looking into making some pretty big resources like mobile wallpapers and stuff for people to drag them into the site, and have it branch into something more than just a forum because a forum cannot stand by itself in these modern days. Something that gives and doesn’t just take. Articles done by members posted on the main site, trending topics to place more interest on us so this can be an official “hub” to discuss hot (or obscure) things.
Like Fuzzy Meow suggested, topics like True Crime are very alluring in their own way. It keeps people entertained and they get some pretty high interest. Stuff like that, stuff that hopefully shows in the first page of Google.
Kind of like Reddit, but better than Reddit. We need a hook. But why not have several hooks?

Ral and I also had an unofficial mascot I think we want to use again, which is a cat he named called Milo, something that’s recognizable and easy to see that it’s us, not some useless ass logo and obscure favicon a certain site uses.
It's possible to do a page covering the OBD migration here on the Wiki, since that's a major event I never thought I'd see in my 11 years of being there. I can't do it but someone more familiar with the details can.

It's also possible I may have content coming next year I can link to the forum and promote it for, especially if the forum helps with it. Will likely need artists and animators for such things since I can't do it myself. The forum can be something of a promoted braintrust.

Safe to say, I've long intended for the OBD to be merely one brand in a bigger business. The wrestling show is something of a proof of concept.

I don't have the time to do the social media stuff but if anyone wants help they can ask me. Could promote it to the OBD email list though.

Figure out what the forum's USP is before starting a major promotion once you have one, that will be easier. If that branded content and bigger business I plan for gets off the ground next year that could be part of it.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
We can schedule posts for the socials if needed and I'm also working on an add-on called Foromon which will have a companion app in the future to take you mons on the go!

Back