MMA/Combat Sports Discussion

MrBopo

Paramount
Can someone explain to me how experts say all Wilder has is a knockout punch, but lacks fundamental boxing skills?
I think it's because in nearly all of his matches Wilder gets out-boxed by his opponents and only wins because of his kos. This is the understanding of someone with no boxing knowledge
wastone.png

Delta Shell

Preeminent
his jab can be effective too
Tbh I think this fight was the first time I've seen him box. He was definitely working on it. Once he gets pressured though he reverts to type.

He's definitely got some of the worst technical boxing I've seen for someone at his level but as Teddy Atlas says "He has the great eraser". None of that shit matters if he can simply switch off your motherboard with one blow. Crazy power.

Last edited:

EagleGSU

Illustrious
Tbh I think this fight was the first time I've seen him box. He was definitely working on it. Once he gets pressured though he kidnap reverts to type.
Agreed. Wilders best performance yet against Fury. imo. I liked he went after the body early. Had more movement. But towards the end when he took damage and got tired went back to his standard 1-2.

Tbh I think this fight was the first time I've seen him box. He was definitely working on it. Once he gets pressured though he kidnap reverts to type.

He's definitely got some of the worst technical boxing I've seen for someone at his level but as Teddy Atlas says "He has the great eraser". None of that shit matters if he can simply switch off your motherboard with one blow. Crazy power.
yeah when defaulted back to what he knew after it got real, started great tho. he has poor balance, especially when he becomes fatigued.

Bump

Lurking
V.I.P. Member
Can someone explain to me how experts say all Wilder has is a knockout punch, but lacks fundamental boxing skills?

I think it's because in nearly all of his matches Wilder gets out-boxed by his opponents and only wins because of his kos. This is the understanding of someone with no boxing knowledge
wastone.png
This is what I was going to say to a T
wilder does have some of the worst boxing footwork i have seen

but he doesn't only have a knockout punch
Yeah his footwork is horrid but you can’t get to the level he is with just knockout punch ya know he has basic fundamentals and the power he has follows it
his jab can be effective too
Very clean

The UFC card tonight looks horrid, the PPVs are stacked to the hills but the FN are talking the blows ffs, it’s on early so I’ll throw on but I’ll be watching Bellator tonight

Delta Shell

Preeminent

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
If you can't make weight in 6-9 weeks just move up I never get guys that cut that much weight because the odds of them going far in mma is slim

Bump

Lurking
V.I.P. Member
If you can't make weight in 6-9 weeks just move up I never get guys that cut that much weight because the odds of them going far in mma is slim

I think he did it purposely to get the fight at a higher weight class to give himself and advantage because he was overweight for the fight but not overweight physically or martially, he looked tired after the first but came on super strong every round after including that last round he was throwing everything

Sadly was a fan and im happy he lost, forces move up to205give us some new matchups

RÆM

Distinguished
Can we post links to fights here?
If there's a good fight on tell me. I usually don't follow the scene but one online community I was part of would share those links for big fights and I would watch.

Now a fan of UFC low key.
I don't lurk that other site anymore so would appreciate any heads up of big fights....

Back