Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
aka Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo/G-Witch

So far the production values, animation, and general quality of the show's visuals are great. Its an alternate universe/stand-alone series currently on week 3 (unless you count the prologue special, then its episode 4 now), that focuses on various corporations that have their own mobile suits that compete in a school designed for three different career pathways for its teenaged students; management, engineers/technicians, and pilots. All of the said companies are part of a larger group that compete yet coexist in the goal of profit and technological advancement.

There's already background low-level conflict between 'Spacians' and 'Earthians'.

First Gundam series also to have a primary protagonist be a female one.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
I thought with episode 0 that the series has a lot of potential and it does, especially production-wise. The production values are incredible and after IBO being somewhat disappointing visually it's a nice comeback for Sunrise.

However from episode 1 on I feel like they've been squandering the series' shorter run time a bit. The fights still look great, but I can't say most of the characters are winning me over so far. With the amount of time dedicated to them, I feel like the school cast should've been fleshed out more by now, too much time eaten by repeating Suletta's favorite saying and her spazzing out I guess. I feel like the MC's mom being the Char clone is interesting touch though and she's probably the most interesting character at the moment. The corporation politics seem like they could be interesting, but the head guy just getting his way because he says so instead of his superior acumen hits a bit flat.

I think the mobile suit designs are great so far and there hasn't really been a bad one yet. I hope Aerial has a few more tricks up its sleeve.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I do agree but hopefully this is a sign or at least indication that they'll move out eventually permanently from the whole academy/school arc.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
Well the show doesn't show any signs of that at the moment. Miorine is a bitch. I'm not sure why Suletta keeps putting up with her.

The school itself seems fucking terribly run.

Good on Chuchu for beating the shit out of those girls.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Chu Chu was kind of stalemated by the brown haired girl, she just got a lucky cheap shot in to knock her out after the girl punched out our Moe blob MC to be technical. The low stakes environment has been confirmed by one of the official writers/staff members on twitter and I really hope it ends soon.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
My entire lego kingdom for a Pharact ver Ka down the line

its nice that they've balanced out aerial having a bonkers weapon set with some nice cheating now and then.

I like the MS designs a lot, really fixed a lot of my problems with the IBO aesthetic despite aerial and pharact sharing some of the design elements with them.

Really dig Jeturkcoin's second suit a lot

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I like the MS designs a lot, really fixed a lot of my problems with the IBO aesthetic despite aerial and pharact sharing some of the design elements with them.

Really dig Jeturkcoin's second suit a lot
The really wide hips and thick legs design part does fit with IBO's designs.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I'm really not super enjoying this but its at least better then Tekkadan/IBO though I know that's really not a HIGH bar at all

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I'm enjoying the memes and prospera and delling constantly competing for who's the better dickhead parent

So far I've liked the Pharact fights the most but I'm a fucking sucker for that design and toolkit that it has.

the two new suits they introduced also look pretty good for Lfrith variants

uxezt2u934t91.jpg

image0.jpg

>bringing back the BASED Gatling cannon+shield combo with a norris-style paintjob

King suit

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Still not a fan of the lot of MS designs

It just seems like a weird cobblepot of mixed unit designs of mecha from like W, G, 00, and Zeta/ZZ/CCA era UC

A lot are just hit or miss for me

Back