Suggestion Archived No Holds Barred Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
I am suggesting a section where two users can agree to a flame war between each other where as long as certain Redlines aren't crossed, The Mods won't interfere .

The stipulation is that the users involved consent to this and agree to not bring up their beef outside of the section.

Instead of letting two users who clearly are developing hatred for each other pent it up untill they go apeshit on each other, there should be a way for two users who hate each other to tell each other how they feel about each other

I think this will make the forum a lot healthier, and a lot of beefs would be squashed this way as people pour their hearts out at each other and in the middle of these curses will understand each other better.

We all have seen on NF how pent up hatred only makes things worse, not just there, even IRL people not having an outlet for their frustrations makes things a lot worse.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Well, the problem is they have to agree to it.

At that point it'd be better to put them both in the courts and let them bite each other there if they feel like it.

They could also flame each other in PMs, flaming one another doesn't necessarily douse the hatred either.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Need to disable the character counter... just gets in the way on mobile.

Essentially, I'm not convinced this helps anyone. Most likely it will just stoke the flames.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, I'm with @Nep Nep on this one; members can flame each other over PM's in their own fight-club themed convo instead of a semi-public section since that would bring more unwanted attention. Plus, Google would de-rank us even further into the abyss if it was a full-on public section.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Essentially, I'm not convinced this helps anyone. Most likely it will just stoke the flames.
There is a reason why 4chan flamewars just stay "lul ur a fgt" while NF flamewars escalate to people Legit wanting each other to die

Ideally there wouldn't be any flamewars but let's be honest here , it's too late for that talk. This place is filled with Obd and Blender/Chatterbox refugees who got kicked out by Jeffree Star, people who are used to 12 years of being allowed to flame each other to hell.

I am suggesting the lesser of two evils

Plus, Google would de-rank us even further into the abyss if it was a full-on public section.
That's also Jeffrey's justification for his recent actions.

You have become what you swore to destroy

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
There is a reason why 4chan flamewars just stay "lul ur a fgt" while NF flamewars escalate to people Legit wanting each other to die

Ideally there wouldn't be any flamewars but let's be honest here , it's too late for that talk. This place is filled with Obd and Blender/Chatterbox refugees who got kicked out by Jeffree Star, people who are used to 12 years of being allowed to flame each other to hell.

Bruh, 4chan has two kinds of people, memers who don't care what someone online says cause they're just there to mem, and Qanoners who are in dire need of a straight jacker and a permanent stay in the big white house, and not the presidential kind.

This is like a forum where peeps care about more than memes, so it's gonna escalate yeah but considering if I hated someone and you let me flame the fuck out of them, it's not gonna make me stop hating them.

Don't use my DBS section posts as an example either that was me memeing.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator

Naw das fuhrer makes all the decisions over there. No mod or admin here makes decisions alone. We were gonna make the courts public for similar entertainment purposes but it was voted down. Fyi I voted for it cause I am fucking filth and I need a little entertainment once in a while, plus I need a place to spit all the venom I store~

Legit though, if we ever want to be anything more than just a split branch from FV, we do have to worry about the matrixes googles watchful eyes. Minus the paranoia that daddy government is gonna bust down the door while we're bent over with our panties down and rail us hard for "copyrighted" material.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
This is like a forum where peeps care about more than memes, so it's gonna escalate yeah but considering if I hated someone and you let me flame the fuck out of them, it's not gonna make me stop hating them.
So If things escalate, then what?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him

While said robot is an absolute tool, he and I have only non-verbally agreed on the same notions based on actual facts; nothing more, nothing less.

No one is going to find OLF on the first "G" in "Google" when they index us cause we'd actually be on the last "e" of the search result :skully

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
So If things escalate, then what?

Then I'd have to do work and I have enough work to do.

Seriously though, what'll happen is they'll lather themselves up and start blowing up outside of the section due to their rage. If anything the section is likely to be a catalyst for some people rather than a cure.

And just like in the real world, rules are made for the few idiots that need rules to behave.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i don't think it would work as intended but i think it'd be funny.

• Agree
Reactions: Ral

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I honestly don’t mind this idea and would be interested to do a trial run; believe it or not, I did propose something similar back on NF when mod at some point.

The whole community should discuss this. If you truly want this to be atleast tried, help rally people up and spread the word or go around asking opinions about it. Many won’t see this thread because they don’t venture out of their respective sections.
If you gain enough interest, we will set a global announcement for everyone and lure ‘em here.

While PMs are preferred, you won’t get users to agree or consent to something like that. If they’re in the midst of a flame war, they’re not going to transport themselves to elsewhere if it’s already in public eyes.
I don’t mind a method where mods intervene at the start of a nasty flame war by putting them in a section temporarily to duke it out. You sign up on a site like this, you agree to respect our boundaries.
There’s also something I proposed in both places we have yet to enact: something that functions similar to the courts that places users in there for fifteen minutes and doesn’t count toward their record. (I.e.; a user gets vehemently upset and does something unusually uncharacteristic to them by flaming - something they have never exhibited before prior and is not a recurring, frequent or recent pattern. A bad day, a sensitive topic, or just someone that pressed their buttons. Fifteen minutes or however long, then releasing them.)

However, the only rather jarring issue with this is some lines shouldn’t necessarily be allowed to be crossed. It’s one thing we allow “you’re a fucking retarded pissbaby, kill yourself” in a section like it and another by threatening them with malicious acts “I will rape you.”
Not every user is going to have same boundaries. It’ll vary.
What would you propose?
Some rule or understanding that 1) isn’t a blanket rule 2) doesn’t dictate what not to say that is subjectively inappropriate.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Trolls would not be bothered by joining another user group just to Duke it out in a hidden section. It would also be right under the spam section if anything just like how the Blender was back then.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Then I'd have to do work and I have enough work to do.
I would rather not have such issues be handled completely by the mods. You guys neither went to Law School nor are Impartial people on Jury Duty. We saw on NF how Mod Bias made things worse.

Speak of the devil
The whole community should discuss this. If you truly want this to be atleast tried, help rally people up and spread the word or go around asking opinions about it. Many won’t see this thread because they don’t venture out of their respective sections.
I am pretty sure I can get the approval of the OBD boys since a lot of them get heated and probably would love a place where they let off steam without a banhammer. I will try to ask around.

However, the only rather jarring issue with this is some lines shouldn’t necessarily be allowed to be crossed. It’s one thing we allow “you’re a fucking retarded pissbaby, kill yourself” in a section like it and another by threatening them with malicious acts “I will rape you.”
Not every user is going to have same boundaries. It’ll vary.
What would you propose?
Some rule or understanding that 1) isn’t a blanket rule 2) doesn’t dictate what not to say that is subjectively inappropriate.
I propose common sense Rules in this
1) don't say stuff that would get you on watchlists , aka don't break real life laws
2) Don't bring family Members or "low blows" into it.

Of course these rules are vague but it's not like we are Harvard Lawmakers here

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
If you mean, like, public?
Not really vibing with that idea, sorry
Not in public. I should have made that clear

Trolls would not be bothered by joining another user group just to Duke it out in a hidden section. It would also be right under the spam section if anything just like how the Blender was back then.
It's nothing like the Blender. It's just two users, so that nobody gets "jumped". And the mods don't take "sides", just there to enforce the "common sense" Rules I mentioned and Close the thread if one party wants out.

Here's an example :

I Dislike @Retrolize , I think she's genuinely a bad person but I don't insult her in public, if one day we got into a verbal fight, Wouldn't it be better if there was a place I can tell her why I dislike her Instead of it being in public or in Unmoderated PMs?

Just yesterday I saw an user attack another user on their profile Page. The bigger this forum grows the bigger this issue will get, especially the next time Jeff fucks up and more users come here.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I would rather not have such issues be handled completely by the mods. You guys neither went to Law School nor are Impartial people on Jury Duty. We saw on NF how Mod Bias made things worse.

We aren't NF mods. I'm also pretty confident all the mods here have a very good track record at being the kinds of members that understand how to work around their biases.

Speak of the devil

I am pretty sure I can get the approval of the OBD boys since a lot of them get heated and probably would love a place where they let off steam without a banhammer. I will try to ask around.

I propose common sense Rules in this
1) don't say stuff that would get you on watchlists , aka don't break real life laws
2) Don't bring family Members or "low blows" into it.

Of course these rules are vague but it's not like we are Harvard Lawmakers here

You don't need to be a harvard lawmaker to write some rules or impartially make decisions. Impartiality is not granted by a degree. I think our political system is evidence enough for that.

Regardless, if you can get mass approval I may disregard my opinion for the sake of building the forum that the members want. (Another difference between NF and here)

We are public service members. We want to build the forum that people want, but we also have to keep in things in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back