Noisy eaters

Delta Shell

Preeminent
I do have misophonia, it's bad enough that I go into full on attack mode (internally) when people eat noisily around me. No-one would ever know because I don't react and I just manage it using music or i'll leave for a bit or just do some mental exercises, whatever. I've always had it and I have no idea why, there isn't a cure, I know i'm just fucked for whatever reason but whatever it's not super debilitating.

The guy that sits in front of me at work though. He ohhh he has been sent to test me. I've never met someone so generally loud in my life. Shouts doesn't speak. He types SUPER LOUD (poor keyboard). He might be a little hard of hearing, I dunno. He eats crisps every day (Chips for those across the pond) and I genuinely don't know how he manages to generate such impressive echoes with each bite. He then smacks the dust off his palms after consuming one. It's honestly like a round of applause. People look up from their desk when he does it so i'm not JUST being hyper sensitive (even though I am). My music volume has gone up anyway but it's not fully drowning out his lip smacking and constant seal claps. This is only ever a problem for me when i'm trying to concentrate.

Last edited:

Baka

Byronic Hero
GFX Designer
loud people in general grind my gears

like some people just talk so much louder than the norm and/or just have some quality to their voice that's impossible to shut out that you're across the room from them with multiple people between but you still home in on their annoying ass voice because it has some kind of inseparable resonance with your ear drums and you can't shut it out

aaaaa

Pericolo

Illustrious
i didn't know there was a word for that but every time someone loudly chews with their facehole open wide i want to impregnate their brain with a tactical nuke

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i have a friend who has pretty bad misophonia, i try to be conscious of the sounds i make when around her

i'm usually ok around people eating but if they're open mouth chewing, especially something like pasta, sends me up the fucking wall

Delta Shell

Preeminent
i have a friend who has pretty bad misophonia, i try to be conscious of the sounds i make when around her

i'm usually ok around people eating but if they're open mouth chewing, especially something like pasta, sends me up the fucking wall
Ah man. You're a good friend. It can actually be really bad at times, it takes a lot of self control not to react externally in some cases.
And like I know that sounds super extreme but that's how badly it can set alarms off in someone's head. I'm super aware how stupid that is, some flight/fight wires deffo got crossed in the brain for people that suffer with it.

loud people in general grind my gears

like some people just talk so much louder than the norm and/or just have some quality to their voice that's impossible to shut out that you're across the room from them with multiple people between but you still home in on their annoying ass voice because it has some kind of inseparable resonance with your ear drums and you can't shut it out

aaaaa

I AGREE LIKE FUKN USE UR INSIDE VOICE LMAO

Delta Shell

Preeminent
OMG he slurps his tea so loud too. Why. Nobody else consumes things in this way. How can one human be so loud.

Yeah I dragged this up for that.

• Skully
Reactions: Odd

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
oh yeah, slurping is a big thing with my friend too lol. i will get a (half joking) death glare if i accidentally do it around her

Back