OBD Convo #20: I am Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Screw that though.

Mha- don't really have to say/10. This series shat itself something fierce. I'd never say it was gods gift to Shounen like people back then would constantly spout but it used to be pretty good. It had potential and that potential gets continuously thrown away. Like @Blade said the series peaks twice. All Might vs Afo and Endeavor vs High end. Notice how Izuku isn't included at all :mjlol. Speaking of Izuku this nibba is boring as shit and constantly finds ways to get worse. He's an npc Mary sue like character turned into an MC. I'd say he's equivalent to Mishima from Persona 5 but that's giving him too much credit. So is comparing him to Plank from Ed Edd n Eddy like I've seen at least one person do. Plank was a straight up manipulating scheming asshole and he never even spoke or moved on screen :skully. Izuku has no flaws and the ones that you'd think would be obvious flaws for any decent writer to do something with like inserting yourself into other people's problems or turning into a self sacrificing martyr are instead spun into positive traits that show how the the bestest hero ever. I think that shit is only called out like one or two times. Once when after that one kid who had his parents who were heroes killed by a villain, Shoto bluntly said that Izuku's tendency to do that shit without thinking of the person's circumstances is annoying, which sorta makes sense given how he was initially pissed off with Izuku doing this in the sports festival. Then in the Endeavor internship arc where he says that Shoto will totally forgive Endeavor because he's such a nice person instead of letting him decide that naturally. Shit gets to Shoto's older brother Natsuo and contributes to his slight breakdown at the end of that arc and Endeavor of all people has to fix that shit by telling him that he's nice enough and that its perfectly okay for him to not forgive. And Dabi basically telling Izuku to piss off when he tries the Shoto speech on him. Huh the Todoroki's are more based than I give them credit for, it figures because they have the best story and development too. It sure as shit isn't the lame students who are so worthless they're not even worth talking about. You know how people got pissed about the konoha 11 being thrown aside after part 1 gave them a pretty good showing. Imagine that but worse, Konoha 11 were has beens , Class A never even were in the first place despite the series telling us that they're also the greatest generation of heroes to surpass All Might. Bakugou is the "rival" but doesn't rival Izuku in anything meaningful, Izuku already has the best mindset and the best power so there's nothing to learn or compete with Bakugou with. He has nothing to offer to the plot and its blatantly obvious with how he's forced into the Afo and Ofa conflict and has nothing to do. You can't even scale Bakugou much power wise because he doesn't have any real fights to do anything with and he requires 2 Zenkais to keep up. The villains and by villains I mean just the league are all lame for the most part and Ashyraki is pretty much second gen Obito. Boggles my mind that people legit thought he was main villain material. A literal idiot manchild who steamrolls his opposition not because he grows but because daddy Afo allows him to....or just through dumb luck that the series frames as 200Iq chess moves, he really is Izuku's foil though basic shit requires all their brainpower despite them supposedly being really smart (I can KICK!!) which leads into something else. The fights are infamous for being poorly choreographed and hard to follow. It's like watching an rpg where 2 people throw attacks until the strongest attack reduces the enemies hp to 0. I barely enjoy any fights aside from All Might vs Afo, Endeavor vs High end and Shoto vs Izuku and those aren't really anything special, just better than what we normally get. The moral of how any one can be a hero and that All Might was wrong we need multiple pillars not a singular symbol is hilariously contradictory with how bad these other guys suck. The last arc has these dudes stalling to no avail for Izuku to get here because he's the only person who can deal damage. The best thing about this series is Vigilantes which is way better than the main series will ever be and actually sticks with its message of how anyone can be a hero. Even if you're just some dude with knuckleduster's or just an average college student with an initially really lame ability. One that with training and experience instead of magic granting you a 6 quirk dlc pack grows into one of the most broken things ever.

Black Clover: solid 8/10 (maybe like an 80 or a 79) I like the series and its gotten a lot better. Characters actually participate in pretty good group fights and the devils plotline as well as the rest of the world is intriguing. I just wish we took more time to enjoy some of it. Asta's in Yami's hometown right now and that place has been built up and foreshadowed for a while but we probably won't see that much of it cause Asta has to train. I like the characters, there's a lot of standouts, no one expected Magne of all nibbas to beat the shit out of one of the major villains of that arc fair and square :mjlol. Also I'll hand it to Tabata, he's really good at foreshadowing things. I didn't even expect the Wizard King reveal until I realized certain shit he said being kinda sketchy and the clock tower in the background of previous chapters. Meaning the cast only won against the strongest devil because the nigga was using his time magic to rewind shit in his favor in those moments where everyone was close to dying.Its almost embarrassing comparing characters like Noelle and Mereoleona to people like Sakura or basically any female character in Mha. Noelle straight up steels Yuno's spot as secondary protagonist at times, even when she couldn't even control her magic she took W's:mjlol. Yuno's pretty good he isn't an asshole like Sasuke or Betagou so it's just refreshing to see a person who is basically just bro's with the protagonist and all their banter and back and forths are just the results of being competitive and nothing personal.....which baffles me that some people think that it is and he constantly demeans Asta , like dude what :skully? I wish he had more moments to shine than he does, that's really my one problem with him, he's the potential future ruler of another nation give the nibba some focus. I guess I owe Mha fans something, I wouldn't have paid attention to this series if it wasn't for people bitching about how bad it supposedly was. I thought the complaints seemed surface level then I read it to find out that it's just alright. Asta's worse quality is being loud I guess and that's not really to noticeable reading rather than watching the anime. Then finding out that his voice actor is new as a va. It gave whoever his actor was sone leeway for me.

"Asta is like really dumb man Izuku is better because he's smarter"

Can't be that dumb if he knows what legs are. Dude actually trained before he tried reaching his goal just in case and he's a guy who grew up in the middle of nowhere, no technology or anything but wanted to have some value if he even gains any magic at all, what's Izuku's excuse when the internet exists?

"Well uh Yuno is kinda an asshole and he's not likeable"

Compared to fucking Bakugou, a supposed childhood friend who told his "friend " to kill himself?

"Well uh the main female character likes the main character and is used for fanservice man"

Uraraka doesn't get used at all for anything other than blushing about Izuku. At least Noelle has some fights under her belt and more to do than just liking Asta

Shit was pretty hilarious tbh :mjlol

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
2SCyaSF.jpg

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
"How is Bakugou's comparison to quirks being physical abilities like muscles wrong"

I thought we moved past this shit but I guess not:mjlol. Can someone explain to me where in the real world I can get an adrenaline boost (the closest thing to quirk Zenkais we have), enter flight or fight response, lift a car if barely and keep all of that strength with me whenever. After all that's how it works in Mha. I'm not the only one here that sees this shit as inconsistent right? Yeah Hori tried to ground his series with hard science but he failed. That's all there is to it. It didn't make sense when Tokoyami and I guy that turns people into balls of flesh exists and it especially doesn't make sense with quirk zenkai or Star who only has to touch something, says what she wants and as long as it isn't "can I have All Might lvl strength" it happens. I'm sure she's really tearing and strengthening those proverbial muscle fiber training hard by.........touching random stuff and talking out loud :giogio.

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I'll add my list:
One piece: 8/10 (solid 8. it has its downs but im a character guy, and the characters in one piece, specially the main crew gets all time to shine)
Naruto Part 1: 6/10 (I can watch everything up til tsunade. for some reasons i always go bored or zone out from eveything that happen after. sure itachi and co is cool but cool does not hold up)
Naruto part 2: 3/10 (i stopped at Sasukes "Yeah im sorry" at the manga and "my pain is bigger then yours" peins looney toones shit in the anime. fuck that shit)
Bleach: 8/10 (yeah its shit. but for some reason it feels like dragonball z with swords. and i still enjoy it.)
Dragonball OG: 9/10 (still holds up. shows good battles, fun comedy and character builds, before it all became out powerlevels and yamcha became useless)
Dragonball Z: 8/10 (solid 8. Good battles, character development and awesome moments. gokus super siyan still holds up today)
DB GT: Not seen
DB Super: 5/10 (some cool scenes in tournament, but not my kinda show anymore.)
YYH: not seen
FMA: 9/10 (read the manga. still one of the best stories and characters ive read about in shounen so far)
Digimon: 5/10 (first season of OG digimon was aired in sweden, plus the first Digimon movie. Digimon is cooler then pokemon and have the more cooler scenarios and characters)
Pokemon: 4/10 (my nostalgia have wained a bit, so dont feel so much for it anymore. good series tho)
HxH: Not seen
Fairy tail: 3/10 (I liked the first arc. then after the magical tower and electric dude revolution shit i started to lose interest. Then the power of friendship and the hentai dragon happened and I put my hands in the air, got up from my chair, closed my tab and left)
Yugioh: 8/10 (always loved over the top card games, over the top characters and over the top hair. always more excited to watch yugioh on saturday mornings then pokemon.)
Magi: 6/10 (decent show. love the magic system)
Jojo: 8/10 (overall, it gets a 8.)
FOTNS: 10/10 (I dont care. be it cheesy dialogue, or repetitive used backgrounds and shit. this series still holds up. the most manliest series to exist, cause it teaches that manly men can cry to)
Black clover: not seen
MHA: 4/10 (watched season 1. had no desire to watch season 2)

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
So yall remember how solar system cell was a contested thing for a while?
Niggas are now trying to push for multi galactic cell
:hestonpls
Well.. it figures, since the only reason for SS Cell being accepted was niggas insisting long enough until people just relented despite no additional info/context coming out or any shit changing really.

So of course they're gonna push further.

I'm trying to not care about VS shit anymore, but this whole situation is annoying as hell cause it brings up the fact that even the OBD doesn't always stick to its standards.

Oh well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back