Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
zkslpw0ycxm41.jpg

14aabdc5b13f80c114ee740611811bf5.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I will forever have a distaste for this design for Hades. With how he is in the actual mythology, he should've been one of the few gods Kratos didn't end up killing at all. Instead... we got that. :wow
Didn’t stop me from considering this my favorite boss fight in this game, even over Zeus.

I like how compared to the other gods, they at least gave Hades some truly genuine grievances that Kratos is responsible for. It made him the most “heroic” of Kratos opponents as a result

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Didn’t stop me from considering this my favorite boss fight in this game, even over Zeus.

I like how compared to the other gods, they at least gave Hades some truly genuine grievances that Kratos is responsible for. It made him the most “heroic” of Kratos opponents as a result
Those grievances involved them having Persephone be hilariously out of character so that she could be the main villain of a prequel game and get killed by Kratos. She was also revealed to despise Hades, despite the fact she genuinely loves him in the myths.

Much as I love the bit of storytelling in that prequel game with Kratos and his daughter Calliope, Persephone's character being butchered like that grates on me something fierce.

Hades always gets done dirty in adaptations of Greek Mythology.

Poor guy never seems to get a break smh

Disney's Hercules did absolutely no favors as he doesn't even HAVE Persephone in that version and is purely a bad guy 100% and can't even step into Olympus without people hating him(When it's the opposite and Hades just chooses to not go to Olympus, he got his lot and while he wasn't happy with it, he's taken it)

It's even more ironic considering ZEUS in some parts of the myth actually tells Demeter that in a technical sense, Hades owns more than he does.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Hades always gets done dirty in adaptations of Greek Mythology.

Poor guy never seems to get a break smh
Guy gets the Satan brush-over in far too many adaptations, when he's nothing like the devil at all. GOW's interpretation of him is bad, but its by no means the worst out there.

At least he wasn't a bloody Poseidon simp for a Poseidon like the one from ROR or just a straight up re-skin of the devil like in other iterations. :wow

Guy gets the Satan brush-over in far too many adaptations, when he's nothing like the devil at all. GOW's interpretation of him is bad, but its by no means the worst out there.

At least he wasn't a bloody Poseidon simp for a Poseidon like the one from ROR or just a straight up re-skin of the devil like in other iterations. :wow
I mean he’s got horns so I think that the idea was to invoke that in the GOW version

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Despite Riordan's works being shit now, I think his Hades is probably the best modern-day interpretation of him. Which well makes sense cause he's legit based of the myths.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Accuracy be damned, Disney Hades is easily one of the most iconic versions of the character.

Can't wait to see how they fuck it up in their live action shitmak...sorry remake. :maybe

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Despite Riordan's works being shit now, I think his Hades is probably the best modern-day interpretation of him. Which well makes sense cause he's legit based of the myths.
They were never that good to begin with, but I'll say this, his version does appear to be the closest. Ain't a high-bar to cross, honestly, and still comes with its own blatant inaccuracies, but for right now, its unfortunately the best one I've seen thus far.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Bruh this design is dsigusting🤢🤮 bro looks like he's 90yrs old and 5 at the same time.

I can’t put my finger why, but this art also kinda hits into the uncanny valley too with how the characters look.

Boruto’s art is ugly as sin and doesn’t even attempt to look like it’s part of the series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back