OBD Convo #26: Forth Eorlingas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Forspoken is just plain steryotype of american black people in the worst way possible, the MC is a thief and one of the special things used to craft are literally nuggets :mhm
It’s a British actress doing a terrible, almost stereotypical impression of how she thinks American woman act like LMAO

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Toad banned on Master Duel and Sprights not even on there yet but will be added

RIP to my Marincess and Shark Decks

Do appreciate 3 Gazelles at least
>using the frog in sharks and marincess
Embarrassed Shame GIF

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@lokoxDZz I’m genuinely surprised Amy Hennig is involved in this game.

Definitely a drop in quality compared to her work in Legacy of Kain and Uncharted

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Explains why the setting is the only interesting part in the game than. Can’t comment on the lore but it probably works for your standard Isekai story

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Yeah right cause i remember Raziel going like : " Did i just pass trough that gate ? " or " Let me get this straight green tentacle guy. You're telling me that i'm 500 years in the future and there are monsters running around only they aren't monsters, but vampires ? Holly Molly " in Soul Reaver.

That was totally Amy.

I have no clue why people will defend Forspoken's dialogue in any fashion as because "It's like the MCU" when people have been getting tired of the MCU since Endgame...

That shit isn't the own people think it is... especially when I see more people going head over backwards over the pre-MCU Marvel movies for not being like what we see of Forspoken.

Yeah right cause i remember Raziel going like : " Did i just pass trough that gate ? " or " Let me get this straight green tentacle guy. You're telling me that i'm 500 years in the future and there are monsters running around only they aren't monsters, but vampires ? Holly Molly " in Soul Reaver.

That was totally Amy.

Don't forget the endless F-bombs at that too.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
>Marvel dialogue.

As if that was ever any kind of quality standard.

The Cap movies +Iron Man 1 + some of the Avengers ones were the only movies that had parts with genuinely good dialogue in them.
Hell, Daredevill shat on the mainline MCU with its shoestring budget.

Aside from that, it was always the same sludge that people are sick of now.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
You had quippy dialogue since Stephen Sommers was directing films like The Mummy and Deep Rising.

Difference is the writing for those quips made them actually clever and not obnoxious combined with good acting from the actors themselves.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
It's a fucking shame cause the world looks great, the traversals seem fun but the writing and the fact that it's really a Ubisoft game makes it so that i won't even waste my time pirating it.

Not when i have 200+ game in my mountain of a backlog .

It's a fucking shame cause the world looks great, the traversals seem fun but the writing and the fact that it's really a Ubisoft game makes it so that i won't even waste my time pirating it.

Not when i have 200+ game in my mountain of a backlog .

Jesus and I thought I had a huge backlog to deal with.
But yeah I do agree, the World looks interesting and even the Magic looks fun but dear merciful fuck does everything else ruin it.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not all AAA. God of War Ragnarok was an absolutely banger and I’ve no doubt that Guerilla Games will kill it with the upcoming Horizon DLC

Forbidden West is my favorite PS game this gen so far.

Been also replaying Ghost of Tsushima and Nier Replicant lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back