OBD Convo #28: obd, we gotta stay focused and courageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

face your fears, lads

never give up, belive in God, the light always wins, overcome the obstacles, adapt and don't lose hope

let's

go

we keep carrying on

Carrying on indeed.
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
congrats, ningenmind

seems your 80's/90's sci fi quest is keep leveling up, you really put effort on that, not bad

It will be serialized on Royal Road at my profile here. And also on Patreon and Amazon for those who want to read ahead.

So, I am working on outlines for three different stories in this universe right now. Two of them are pretty well along.

1. The story with the rogue AI and Zola I've mentioned before. I've plotted out up to act 3 out of 4 now. This is straight up cyberpunk sci-fi horror. It takes place hundreds of years before The Fall of the Fated Queen (probably 6-700).

2. This would be a story involving a Cold War in space/competition for the moon between the American and China-blocs as the backdrop, but it involves questions of romance and new tech. Since most readers on these websites are still female (Royal Road less so but obviously you want to diversify), I thought this story would be more appealing to them. This story is actually chronologically the first in the timeline. It takes place over 1,100 years before The Fall of the Fated Queen.

3. A political/psychological thriller detailing the rise of the villain in the very long story I'm also outlining. This takes place a few years before The Fall of the Fated Queen. This one might actually be the most depressing story in the series. You see how the tech involved here totally destroys virtue, just like owning a slave would.

Though I'm outlining all of them heavily, which one would you like to see me publish first? Just curious.

@Darth Nihilus @Xhominid the Fool

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I would legit like to see #1 but #2 does have be a bit interested outside the Romance deal but that's you going for the girls so I don't mind.
It's a cyberpunk so there are those elements and a lot of political competition and espionage. Don't worry. Lmao.

All are important of course, but in terms of the big picture #3 is probably the most important.

It's a cyberpunk so there are those elements and a lot of political competition and espionage. Don't worry. Lmao.

Yeah speaking of that, I'm going to finally start jotting down all of my shit tomorrow with character bios and summaries for the MCs, then the 3 Act Structure and what happens in those acts. I'll probably do some fine tuning for a few weeks but then I'll write down the 1st and 2nd chapters as a preview and get started in earnest in brainstorming and writing down a novel.

And don't worry, I have actually been mulling over my fantasy series(yeah SERIES) for over a decade and constantly refining it and it was either going the Monty Oum route, videogame route or just writing it down... and writing it down, it is.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I would legit like to see #1 but #2 does have be a bit interested outside the Romance deal but that's you going for the girls so I don't mind.
Like, in one scene I wrote, a Chinese agent wants to lure the male MC into doing business for China. So that he can help China dominate the helium-3 market while forcing other countries to use tritium which has many more drawbacks as a fusion fuel. When he's with one of the two most important ladies, no less.

So yes, you see that this isn't Twilight bullshit. lmao.

Like, in one scene I wrote, a Chinese agent wants to lure the male MC into doing business for China. So that China can dominate the helium-3 market while forcing other countries to use tritium which has many more drawbacks as a fusion fuel. When he's with one of the two most important ladies, no less.

So yes, you see that this isn't Twilight bullshit. lmao.

Okay, then yeah, I would go with #2 but it's best to stay the course as you are. Don't rush it to placate us, that would screw you over.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Okay, then yeah, I would go with #2 but it's best to stay the course as you are. Don't rush it to placate us, that would screw you over.
Honestly, #1 is probably going to be finished in the outline stage first.

But this is just testing the market so to speak.

I will say that the overall market is probably at least 2/3 female. So that's something everyone needs to keep in mind.

I do think the male audience is being underserved severely though. That's part of my motivation. I'd like to do a Seinen style anthology publication with other small creators.

Honestly, #1 is probably going to be finished in the outline stage first.

But this is just testing the market so to speak.

I will say that the overall market is probably at least 2/3 female. So that's something everyone needs to keep in mind.

I do think the male audience is being underserved severely though. That's part of my motivation. I'd like to do a Seinen style anthology publication with other small creators.

One my series will star a female... but it will still be more geared towards actions and character than something I think a female audience would like.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
What do you want to do? And trust me, I feel you right now on certain parts of my life coming up.
At my job
I be getting carts n shit making sure everything straight n right and apparently the bitch gets pissy over me not leaving enough room for her to go thru to lock the door threaten to write me up just because there been times I forget to do di despite trying to make sure there's enough inside

At my job
I be getting carts n shit making sure everything straight n right and apparently the bitch gets pissy over me not leaving enough room for her to go thru to lock the door threaten to write me up just because there been times I forget to do di despite trying to make sure there's enough inside

Oh, a truly bitchy boss...
Yeah, the best thing I can say here is to basically either look for another job or straight up talk to her or someone above her and set the record straight. Because she legit sounds like a maniac whose throwing her power around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back