OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
At this point I wonder if even Charlize Theron can make an MCU movie any more than mid?

Then again she did single-handily make Snow White and the Hunstman actually fucking watchable so that's something I guess. :maybe
Problem there being that she was the villain and we weren't supposed to like her. :kobeha

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
With the way things are going it’s gonna finish really fast

Pretty much convinced this is just to pad out time so they can finish up the ideas they have for the next few arcs

He loves callbacks :mjlol
And its still a waste of several months. :russ

Oh great, we get another Moro/Granolah saga in terms of writing. Wonder how much fanservice Toyo will cram in to try to make up for his inability to write competently.:mjlol

Probably the only thing he does we- actually, no. Given the latest chapter, he can't even do callbacks correctly.:kobeha

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
And its still a waste of several months. :russ

Oh great, we get another Moro/Granolah saga in terms of writing. Wonder how much fanservice Toyo will cram in to try to make up for his inability to write competently.:mjlol

Probably the only thing he does we- actually, no. Given the latest chapter, he can't even do callbacks correctly.:kobeha
Let us never forget that Toyo gave us a mastered version of Ultra Instinct that is actually the unmastered version of Ultra Instinct that works when you unmaster Ultra Instinct while you're unmastering Ultra Instinct. Fucking Ultra Instinct omen/sign (true), I genuinely want to know what Toyo was smoking creating that :mjlol.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Literally Goku's Ultra Instinct usage in the manga
Eeeo8gRUwAAa365.jpg

Dude failed upwards, no wonder Vegeta's pissed :mjlol .

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Let us never forget that Toyo gave us a mastered version of Ultra Instinct that is actually the unmastered version of Ultra Instinct that works when you unmaster Ultra Instinct while you're unmastering Ultra Instinct. Fucking Ultra Instinct omen/sign (true), I genuinely want to know what Toyo was smoking creating that :mjlol.
Ended up being pointless too. Since Mastered UI still proved the better version that actually allowed Goku to overpower Gas with that weird Perfect Susanoo-looking thing it does

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Replace Tucker with Toyo. :mjpls

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
This man Toyo isn't writing at this point. He's just repeatedly throwing shit at the wall, hoping something sticks.

And nothing does. :mjlol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I’d argue earlier. Goku Black Saga was done better in the anime compared to the manga.

TOP just solidified what was already a fact

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I’d argue earlier. Goku Black Saga was done better in the anime compared to the manga.

TOP just solidified what was already a fact
Nah, it was still like 50/50 back then, even if people were also pissed at the whole timeline retcon thing by Toyo, as in hindsight, it made even less sense than the clusterfuck that was the anime's time-travel shenanigans.

The TOP saga and how uber-rushed it was sent that 50/50 to like a 90/10 ratio. :mjpls

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Only the idiots. Most accepted the anime was better during the trashfire retelling of the TOP saga. Moro just reaffirmed it in people's minds. :mjpls
I'm glad I never bothered reading it.

Funny how it puts you off when you hear the final boss of an arc (Hit) was jobbed and Trunks does nothing in an arc literally NAMED after him originally. :kobeha

I mean yeah, Trunks' power up was stupid in the anime (in that it came out of nowhere, the actual design was fine) but I would rather that than have him do nothing. It's the same reason I don't mind Orange Piccolo, despite it having little explanation itself.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Funny how it puts you off when you hear the final boss of an arc (Hit) was jobbed and Trunks does nothing in an arc literally NAMED after him originally. :kobeha

I mean yeah, Trunks' power up was stupid in the anime but I would rather that than have him do nothing. It's the same reason I don't mind Orange Piccolo, despite it having little explanation itself.
It’s so funny too because of how Trunks in the manga started out stronger than in the anime.

Anime SS2 Trunks got bodied by Super Saiyan 3 Goku while manga Trunks could power up his Super Saiyan 2 further to match SS3 Goku enough to force him to use God form.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It’s so funny too because of how Trunks in the manga started out stronger than in the anime.

Anime SS2 Trunks got bodied by Super Saiyan 3 Goku while manga Trunks could power up his Super Saiyan 2 further to match SS3 Goku enough to force him to use God form.
But didn't the manga NOT do the thing where Goku's lower forms were buffed after his first SSJG transformation?

So technically anime SSJ3 Goku >>>>>>> Manga SSJ3 Goku. :maybe

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

I mean yeah, Trunks' power up was stupid in the anime (in that it came out of nowhere, the actual design was fine) but I would rather that than have him do nothing. It's the same reason I don't mind Orange Piccolo, despite it having little explanation itself.
Toyo's burial of Hit will forever be his biggest sin in my mind. That shit straight up pissed me off. Made even worse by Toyo revealing his trench-coat was essentially an attach-on skirt, and then having him get bodied like a mega-jobber against Jiren. Even Hit's anime L to Jiren wasn't a quarter as bad as what Toyo did. :wow

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Toyo's burial of Hit will forever be his biggest sin in my mind.
Especially given not only is it one of the best fights in the anime, but Hit is a legitimately cool and interesting character, one of the few good ones to come out of Super.

He was also super popular so why the hell Toyo thought that was a good idea, I don't know.
That shit straight up pissed me off. Made even worse by Toyo revealing his trench-coat was essentially an attach-on skirt, and then having him get bodied like a mega-jobber against Jiren. Even Hit's anime L to Jiren wasn't a quarter as bad as what Toyo did. :wow
Hit managed to keep Jiren restrained long enough for the Saiyan Girls to get away. He at least went down like a chad, being a team player.

Which was promptly ruined by Califla wanting to fight Goku, but that's still better than just having Hit get stomped.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Especially given not only is it one of the best fights in the anime, but Hit is a legitimately cool and interesting character, one of the few good ones to come out of Super.

He was also super popular so why the hell Toyo thought that was a good idea, I don't know.

Hit managed to keep Jiren restrained long enough for the Saiyan Girls to get away. He at least went down like a chad, being a team player.

Which was promptly ruined by Califla wanting to fight Goku, but that's still better than just having Hit get stomped.
If there's one thing Toyo is actually a master at, its squandering potential and making anything that was good, utter shite. Could've made another long-standing rival for Goku, outside of Vegeta, but noooo. Just bury him from the start, rather than give him his dues pre-TOP, like the anime did.

Him jumping into Jiren with that energy ball, even when Jiren was somewhat restrained, was downright silly in the anime. No excuse given as to why he didn't try to weaken him first, by doing his shockwave punch into Jiren's chest again, or something. Still better than the manga, where he ended up getting one-tapped by an uppercut after attempting to slow the nigga down, instead of outright stop him, but eh. Would've much preferred the clone theory to have been true, and Hit was in there the entire time, just biding his time and waiting for the opportune moment to strike. :wow

Nah, it was still like 50/50 back then, even if people were also pissed at the whole timeline retcon thing by Toyo, as in hindsight, it made even less sense than the clusterfuck that was the anime's time-travel shenanigans.

The TOP saga and how uber-rushed it was sent that 50/50 to like a 90/10 ratio. :mjpls

Don't even get me started in how many fuckers kept defending the Future Trunks Saga in the Manga, I can agree with people in the anime's take overall in the sense Future Trunks deserved a happy ending... but dear merciful fuck, Future Trunks had a damn good arc in the Anime and even his end had him actually learn to not lean on the others and defend the future on his own.

The Manga? Future Trunks just becomes a fucking bitch healing slave and does absolutely nothing to take the future back on his own. He whipped Manga SSJ3 Goku's ass? Okay, why does that matter when Toyo explicitly states that Goku doesn't benefit from the God Ki buff unless he's in SSJG or SSJB.
Doesn't help both Zamasu and Goku Black turn into such bitches, why did Trunks NEED Goku and Vegeta again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back