OBD Convo #30: SHARK SUPREMACY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Screenshot_828.png

:espurrtf

imo:

God: Yusuke, Guts, Goku, Ed, Simon, Jotaro, Light(I like death note so its mostly nostalgia speaking but screw it)
Top: Gintoki, Gon, Asta, Ichigo, Luffy, Lelouch(i guess? never watched Code Geass so I'm going off popularity here)
Mid: Saitama, Rimuru, Midoriya, Kaneki, Natsu, Kirito(these guys are mid cause I at least got some mild enjoyment out of them before they went to shit, except for rimuru I haven't watched tensura but he isn't as bad as the dudes below so he's mid)
Low: Boruto, Eren, Meliodas, Naruto(I'm sorry but I legit couldn't even get through the second episode of the anime cause it had naruto painting his face as a fucking clown iirc, I just can't see him as a good protag)

Forget rhe pedo stuff.

Meliodas had interesting backstory at first. He had to get over the death of the one he loved to reach his potential. Cliche but it's a fantastic plotline if done right.

But no. His love was reincarnated and groomed. So Meliodas never had to get over her death. He just had to wait 18 years. Also it turns out. He knew this the whole time! So all the "struggles" he had were never there to begin with.

Also he never had real relationships with the other sins. Nor did he make an attempt to. Yet they all treated him like the second coming of Christ.

You liked Escanor and Ban. Good news! Here Is more Meliodas. You like Gowther and Merlin? Here's more Meliodas. You don't like Meliodas? Here's more Meliodas!.

>Forget the Pedo stuff
>Focuses on the Pedo stuff anyway
:heston

But nah seriously, Meliodas had an OKAY storyline at first... but the problem with Meliodas is the same issue that occurs with Saitama and a bunch of other characters:

They are already completed characters the second we see them.

What truly is Meliodas' entire arc in Seven Deadly Sins? Just getting Elizabeth and himself out of the Curse their respective leaders put them on... but outside of that, barely anything truly happens to the guy that gives him any real onus to do anything major.
He gets his ass kicked by the Holy Knights? Just get a real weapon than a broken handle
Gets his ass kicked by his fellow Demons? Go get the power he sealed away with one of his mates
Gets his ass kicked harder? Go unseal more of your lost power
Die? Oh yeah no, his "Dad" basically wants to use him as a vessel
Get ass utterly dominated by Noon Escanor? Suddenly get power to rival him from fucking nowhere
Dad finally possessed you? Somehow get the powers equivalent to the Demon King anyway
Even in the fucking sequel, the nigga is STILL throwing hands with Arthur Pendragon, the chosen one for Chaos itself which dwarfs both leaders and Meliodas removed his equivalent of the Demon King's power from himself years ago.

It doesn't help that practically every main female(especially Merlin) wanted Meliodas' dick for no reason other than he exists(Merlin's entire deal is literally her being scornful Meliodas wouldn't pay attention to her nor love her) and no one can ever be truly stronger than him either.

When I call Meliodas a worse Saitama, I mean it and that's not a compliment to Saitama either.

EDIT: It doesn't help when you REALLY look at it, Meliodas' existence basically fucked over the Sins something fierce in terms of characterization and barely makes them memorable or able to care about them(And that's not getting into their own fucked up issues and affairs)

Screenshot_20230408_002544_TikTok.jpg

Man what the fuck is this TFS dick riding

This is why I'm legit tired of Abridged series, dick riding like this.
It's like there's always those types of fans who never really cared for a series until you have some random ass group of people completely dumb it down and people just eat that shit up to an insane degree and basically bombard everyone with it's shitty ass jokes and non-sequitors until you are just fucking done.
It's why I just stopped watching SAO Abridged for the same reason because even they want to slowly follow the same horrific example TFS did with both DBZ and Hellsing Ultimate(dear merciful fuck they ruined Hellsing Ultimate) and everyone wants to follow the leader without realizing that TFS did a terrible fucking job with both in terms of actually making the stupid shit serious when that's not how abridges work.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
This talk about MC that already start "complete" like Saitama and Meliodas remember me of a manga with a cool premise that MC is a one of the strongest demon king helping humans to kill the other demon kings but every time he kills one he gets weaker,sadly it was axed :wow

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
With TFS it felt like they were trying to rewrite the series through some form of self insert for the writers

Future Gohan having daddy issues, the Broly movie being ruined due to their bias toward Broly, Dende being gay for Gohan 😐

It’s just wack
Dende ain't the only one who's randomly gay. Broly considered Trunks his 'princess' and thought him being rebellious was 'hot' in the abridged. :kobeha

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Dende ain't the only one who's randomly gay. Broly considered Trunks his 'princess' and thought him being rebellious was 'hot' in the abridged. :kobeha
Yeah it was really starting to get obnoxious how hard they were inserting gay jokes into the series to the point it felt like early form of pandering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back