Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Screenshot_2.png

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
They literally say Tanjirou is terrible because "He's able to hold back his sister and Demons when he's just 15" but they missed Tanjirou literally trained for atleast 2-3 years before becoming a certified Demon Slayer AND his Sister was explicitly FIGHTING BACK AGAINST HER OWN IMPULSES. It's the equivalent of "I hate someone actually training themselves offscreen and it makes sense"
Wait, they criticized Tanjirou with what amounts to "arbitrary skepticism that he should be able to do these things"

We also don't know how strong his newly transformed and starving sister should have been on top of her own resistance. The Giyu thing was to show Tanjirou was resourceful (not that Giyu was trying, though he shouldn't be threatened by a thrown axe to be fair either) and put Tanjirou in a position to show Giyu that maybe he was the monster here, not Nezuko.

The rest of it was basically arbitrary skepticism.

Shit, I love Yu Yu Hakusho, but if they want to piss and moan about unearned power ups, Yusuke's second rebirth randomly awakening his ancestral DNA is a bigger stretch with no previous narrative allusion to it in the manga. Anime kind of fixed it with his aura being a demon phoenix in the DT vs Toguro.

Huh, that's more shit Ichigo kind of loosely cribbed from him :hm

Wait, they criticized Tanjirou with what amounts to "arbitrary skepticism that he should be able to do these things"

We also don't know how strong his newly transformed and starving sister should have been on top of her own resistance. The Giyu thing was to show Tanjirou was resourceful (not that Giyu was trying, though he shouldn't be threatened by a thrown axe to be fair either) and put Tanjirou in a position to show Giyu that maybe he was the monster here, not Nezuko.

The rest of it was basically arbitrary skepticism.

Shit, I love Yu Yu Hakusho, but if they want to piss and moan about unearned power ups, Yusuke's second rebirth randomly awakening his ancestral DNA is a bigger stretch with no previous narrative allusion to it in the manga. Anime kind of fixed it with his aura being a demon phoenix in the DT vs Toguro.

Huh, that's more shit Ichigo kind of loosely cribbed from him :hm

Like alot of those reasons from there are really, REALLY reaching, not even Shirou's to the point it was hard for me to even care about that(Seriously it's just "ignoring Shirou has major Survivor's Guilt, Projection and Construction isn't unique to Shirou, any Mage can do it but only due to how Shirou survived can he do it as well as he can").

It's otherwise just nonsense.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

>ichigo vs byakuya
>a more iconic fight than goku vs vegeta
>more iconic that luffy vs lucci

Of all the fucking fights in bleach you choose that one? Not Ichigo vs Aizen? Not Ichigo vs Ulqiorra? Not Ichigo vs Grimmjow?

Jesus christ

>ichigo vs byakuya

Of all the fucking fights in bleach you choose that one? Not Ichigo vs Aizen? Not Ichigo vs Ulqiorra? Not Ichigo vs Grimmjow?

Jesus christ

They picked Ichigo vs. Byakuya because it's from the Soul Society Arc and everyone's "common consensus" is that Bleach falls off a cliff after the SS Arc and thus, nothing else matters...
EDIT: I'm not surprised if they ranked it above those fights because both of them take forever to reach their conclusion in the anime...

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

>ichigo vs byakuya

Jesus christ
Respective to Bleach?

Ichigo vs Aizen was cathartic at best, but is that really "iconic?"

Ichigo vs Byakuya could be seen as Ichigo's last high point during a story telling high note? I guess?

Ichigo vs Grimmjow feels more appropriate than Ichigo vs Ulquiorra for the closest thing he had to a real rival in a long fucking time I guess? The latter was just lopsided in both directions.

But yeah, Goku vs Vegeta for sure. One Piece kind of suffered, at least in the States, because our OG dub introduction to it as children was fucking 4Kids. Hard to measure its impact here outside Japan.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Respective to Bleach?

Ichigo vs Aizen was cathartic at best, but is that really "iconic?"

Ichigo vs Byakuya could be seen as Ichigo's last high point during a story telling high note? I guess?

Ichigo vs Grimmjow feels more appropriate than Ichigo vs Ulquiorra for the closest thing he had to a real rival in a long fucking time I guess? The latter was just lopsided in both directions.

But yeah, Goku vs Vegeta for sure. One Piece kind of suffered, at least in the States, because our OG dub introduction to it as children was fucking 4Kids. Hard to measure its impact here outside Japan.
They picked Ichigo vs. Byakuya because it's from the Soul Society Arc and everyone's "common consensus" is that Bleach falls off a cliff after the SS Arc and thus, nothing else matters...
EDIT: I'm not surprised if they ranked it above those fights because both of them take forever to reach their conclusion in the anime...
the funniest part is that goku vs vegeta is number 10
but goku vs freiza is number 1
:hestonpls

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

>ichigo vs byakuya

Jesus christ
In fairness Ichigo vs Byakuya IS one of the best fights in the series, only really topped by Ichigo vs Grimmjow and Kenpachi vs Nnoitra IMO.

My issue is WHERE is Dukemon vs Beelzebumon? Ash vs Gary (or Paul)? Yugi vs Kaiba or hell basically anything from Yu-Gi-Oh (and yes it counts IMO).

the funniest part is that goku vs vegeta is number 10
but goku vs freiza is number 1
:hestonpls
That's even more retarded...

Like, I can understand if they are basing on the best fights with great choregraphy in which case, it wouldn't even be any of these fights but shit like Kakashi and Obito or Ichigo vs. Yhwach from the Anime Fight.

Hell, "Yhwach" vs. Yamamoto should be on that list.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

>ichigo vs byakuya

Jesus christ
Honestly, that was one of the best fights in the series for me.

Ichigo vs Grimmjow was about equal to me but loses to being part of a crap arc next to Soul Society. Ichigo vs Ulquiorra was just a boring stompfest in Ulquiorra’s favor up until Ichigo pulled a new Hollow form out of his ass to make it a reverse stomp, and Ichigo vs Aizen was again too one-sided and short, if satisfying to finally see Aizen’s ego get knocked down a peg.

Goku vs Frieza is the best fight in the series…. If we go by the manga and DBZ Kai without all the padding and filler.

Saiyan Saga Goku vs Vegeta is the best otherwise

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yhwach vs Ichibei is also one of my favorite fights in the series.

Only fun one Yhwach himself was in too since his boring Almighty crap showed up only at the very end when the fight was pretty much over, so the rest of the fight had him make use of all his other more interesting Quincy powers we never see again

Can’t wait to see it animated.

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
I couldn't comment on the previous thread, about the iconic Ichigo, although he will never be more iconic than Goku and Ichigo was inspired by Yusuke, but for some stupid reason most current mangaka always say in interviews that their inspiration was Bleach and Ichigo They say it more than Naruto or One Piece despite being much more popular works.

Even Boku No Hero says that it was inspired by Bleach although it has nothing to do with it.

I couldn't comment on the previous thread, about the iconic Ichigo, although he will never be more iconic than Goku and Ichigo was inspired by Yusuke, but for some stupid reason most current mangaka always say in interviews that their inspiration was Bleach and Ichigo They say it more than Naruto or One Piece despite being much more popular works.

Even Boku No Hero says that it was inspired by Bleach although it has nothing to do with it.

I can actually understand why you have most Mangaka say that over DBZ and Naruto.
The reason is actually pretty simple:

Ichigo is just a normal guy at the end of the day who has his own insecurities and inner problems he has to deal with. He has no goal to be the strongest or to rule over everyone else or even get a proper title, he just wants to live his life protecting those closest to him. So when you want to point out how some aren't inspired by Luffy or Naruto or Goku, there you go.

EDIT: Hell, look at how Ichigo ends his series vs. everyone else:
Most protagonists usually die, become icons or succeed in their goals to become X. Ichigo? He just became a translator and have a loving family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back