Status
Not open for further replies.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Don't worry, you weren't alone :catfeels

It seems that the Editor Manager add-on I had initially installed on this forum to allow users to manage how their editor look in terms of layout actually done broked.

I've disabled it for now, but if you are still having this issue, react with the crying emoji so that I know that you are still in the Tsukuyomi.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Greetings @everyone!

There will be planned site maintenance starting tomorrow morning, October 13th, 2021 @ 8 AM EDT. You will feel a slight tickle as we switch from our basic DNS provider to Cloudflare and it may be sudden as domain registrars can take 24 hours to process nameserver updates. This small update will not affect the forum, more so if you experience any kind of connection issues, it may because of the DNS switch. This switch is necessary as we grow in numbers in both users and shitposts and as we prepare to move to a faster server. The one we're currently on uses shared resources and that alone, given the growth, will make the forum feel like you're typing in quicksand.

To those of you who don't know what Cloudflare is, well...

TL;DR

Cloudflare owns and operates a massive network of servers. It uses these to help speed up websites as well as protect them from malicious attacks like DDoS. Ultimately, websites that use services like Cloudflare are safer and offer their users a better browsing experience.

More info on Cloudflare here: https://www.webhostingsecretrevealed.net/blog/security/everything-you-need-to-know-about-cloudflare/

Please feel free to contact staff via Discord if you're still experiencing any issues after I've posted in this thread once the change is complete.

You can alternatively follow our WIP Twitter profile in the meantime as I will also be posting any updates there in the event that the forum isn't accessible during the switch.

No DDoS pls :catshivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back