Old school anime was better

Bob74h

The Supreme King
I miss when anime's were always constantly airing like with naruto, every anime these days takes a million fucking years to get new seasons out

like there was a 4 year gap around between season 3 and 4 of overlord as example

image.png

image.png

the old do filler and stall method was better then this plus the anime original content was always fun

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Japan confuses me sometimes.

First, they rush out a new Pokémon game every year now to keep up with the series and that pretty much put a sour taste in everyone who still purchased Scarlet and Violet.

And now we have endless fillers that make no sense half of the time like why can't Kishi let his pride and joy just series die already? :whutpepe

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Filler Arcs were also more interesting to watch than waiting for seasons. The Bount Arc in Bleach for example is better than some of Bleach's worst Arcs (The Quincy War Arc, the Fullbring Arc, and even the Fake Karakura Town Arc).

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The art and themes were certainly a lot better. I'm having my artist illustrate in that style.

Cyberpunk, dark fantasy, true crime stuff, etc. aren't made much anymore. It's all too childish. Moe and isekai stuff everywhere.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
not sure i prefer the constant airing given how severe the work conditions were for staff and how much it impacted animation quality, also can't remember any filler arcs that were anything better than mediocre besides some funny ones

art styles in anime before the 2000s were definitely much better though, generally at least

• Agree
Reactions: Ral

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The last new anime I watched was Edgerunners, before that it was Goblin Slayer back in 2018. Everything else was just an adaptation of a manga I already read. There's way, way more series out now than there were back then, but I have a much easier time watching and enjoying a 25 to 50 episode series from the 90s or 2000s than I do a 12 episode series made today.

But maybe I'm just biased because that was the type of anime I grew up watching :life

Rej

Preeminent
There is only a handful good oldschool anime.
Ranma, Galactic Heroes, Digimon

Alot lost relevance over the time, it is what it is, and it's for reasons.

Wtf

I agree. Especially movies. I can't get behind the new crap. It's badly made, even if the story is good. I really tried. :(

• Catfeels

Futon

Notorious
Hard to say. It's more like, generally speaking, anime hasn't moved forward as a medium much but has instead side stepped. Decade old series and movies still stand at the top. People outside the anime bubble laud modern directors like Makoto Shinkai, though.

Back