OLF (Vanilla) Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abolish the 19th Amendment

‣ ↻
Administrator
you guys should see my earlier games

i had no clue
which led to people lynching me mid-game and being confused as to what my alignment was (most usually town), etc, because i was a lot like ekko in his own play style

but as time went on, i felt more confident in my reads and deductive skills to carry myself

Abolish the 19th Amendment

‣ ↻
Administrator
In a bastard game the moderator is allowed to directly influence the game while it is ongoing in whatever way he or she wants. The moderator may directly lie about flips or results and do whatever he or she wants. It is required, however, that all players be aware that the game is bastard when joining.
ah, so JOAT should’ve been announced

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
My mistake was thinking that I was the only bro @Yoshi had in this game, but I now know who he considers his most broist even given how long we have been friends :tearspepe

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Surely one post alone didn't give you the intiative to switch votes so quickly; I say this because @Ultra already brought up points that @Ekkologix previous brought up during our back and forth.

What was the real reason why you changed your vote? Did you find my some-what advice giving suspicious?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
"because he's also my bro" will never do it for me; there's something else missing that I'm unsure about because that was one quick flip :pepesip

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Surely one post alone didn't give you the intiative to switch votes so quickly; I say this because @Ultra already brought up points that @Ekkologix previous brought up during our back and forth.

What was the real reason why you changed your vote? Did you find my some-what advice giving suspicious?
Ultra already had me on the fence whenever he made this post:
@Yoshi

You don't have to believe me, or even change your vote. I just subbed into this game after all. I'm just going to give you a QRD about what I think is going on here.

In Ral's above post, he correctly perceives that you, with a stated unwillingness to vote for him, are his ticket to victory. As such, he didn't even bother addressing me accusing him in his post, because the only thing that matters is if he can hold on to your confidence. If he can manage to do that, he has a pretty fair shot of winning.

idk what your priors are about his trustworthiness or whatever but mafia forces you to lie. And there's nothing wrong with that. Not lynching a friend in this game is the equivalent of not trying to give chase when playing tag, it defeats the purpose.
Before that, I was on your side.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
It's good that you trusted your instinct though, it was a great play, especially after I manipulated you before Ultra warned you.

Though, it has me a bit concerned for future games that he and I play in given that he's also your bro.

What's to say you won't flip on me again and I turn out to be a townie and he scum? (assuming you'd be a townie yourself) how would you use better judgement here or explain your miss-lynching?

You have to cast all of that aside, otherwise, it will become a conflict of interest, especially since there was no equal balance between bros given that you chose one over the other.

Indeed you are also my bro, but I did not bring that fact into this game, and was even ready to use my ability to night-kill you to ensure my fellow scum survived. There's also a 50/50 gamble with night-kill abilities too, as we had other scum that was unknown to our group as well, and I was still willing to take that risk given my noob-status. That was mostly due to me learning as I go and learning about things that helped me form my tactical plays. @Ekkologix initially saw through my bullshit easily because he's experienced just like @Ultra

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I feel like as I become more and more familiar with the members on this forum and befriend them overtime, I will not let friendships get in the way of my judgement as much in future games.
You played well, regardless, and my noob ass shouldn't be acting like I know it all because I don't lol I'm just bad at giving advice where it doesn't sound like I'm being a smart ass :blobcry

But I can leave you this tidbit from the feedback I gathered through playing two games so far:

These games are designed to be played around what you know through observation and information gathering, not who you know. Pretty much like playing Guess Who? with the difficulty and game rules/features cranked up to max settings. Correct me if I'm wrong @Ekkologix @Ultra or if I'm missing anything that y'all can add on to to provide any advice/additional feedback for anyone reading this thread in the future.

Byakuya

Senbonzakura
How did I die? Who killed me?

I feel like i did a good job fooling town into thinking I was a one shot big. Ekko was white knighting me so hard and shouting at the top of his lungs how I was his strongest town read lmao

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
How did I die? Who killed me?

I feel like i did a good job fooling town into thinking I was a one shot big. Ekko was white knighting me so hard and shouting at the top of his lungs how I was his strongest town read lmao
Mystic and Nep Nep targeted you with a faction kill

• Foolishness!
Reactions: Ral
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back