News One piece live action series by Netflix

Hidden Wanted Poster

• Looking for something new to behold on your journey to find One Piece? Check out this fanzine created by the LuNa Discord group!

https://lunaticfanzine.com/

MrBopo

Paramount
Initial announcement

Casting will be based on Oda's nationalities

Matt Owens, a writer/producer for the live action series was on Roger's Reverie stream:
~ 54.00 https://t.co/tUBnioBWYN?amp=1

Confirmed: They have NOT cast anyone yet for the Live Action series. Yes, that includes Cole Sprouse.

Confirmed: Oda and his editors are HEAVILY involved in the creation of the LA series. Matt Owens has met personally with Oda gave him an outline of the series.

Confirmed: They know where they're going to be filming, but can't say where.

Matt is unsure how involved Oda is with the fandom.

Matt has sympathy for content creators who get copystriked.

RATING WILL BE TV-14 Quote: "This is not the 4Kids version. That is a promise."

They are experimenting with the best way to convey the Devil Fruits.

Matt is a fan of the Davey Back Fight (I'm sorry)

MATT'S FAVORITE ARC IS ENIES LOBBY.

Matt's favorite character is Law.

Matt believes Law is not making it out of the series alive.

Matt prefers Sanji over Zoro

HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW THE SERIES WILL END, NOR DOES HE WANT TO KNOW

Matt's favorite colors are green and yellow.

Matt really wants to see Vegapunk. "He's been too connected to so many things for so long, and we don't know where his allegiance lies."

Tekking and KOL are fanboying over the Moons. KOL has now started ranting about the Pound-being-alive issue.

Nami vs Robin: Matt prefers Robin.

Shanks vs Mihawk: Matt prefers Mihawk

Summarised by januarysdaughter

Character descriptions

official logo
E-XatboUcAQYwOg

Episode 1 title

Update on production

Cast for Ussop, Nami, Sanji, Zoro and Luffy

Message form Oda

Last edited:

El Hermano

Acclaimed
It has the potential to be really good. The tech is there to handle it.
The new Resident Evil movie had 40 million dollars worth of budget and it still looks worse than its older counterparts:

The tech is there, but it's produced by a studio that has no real impressive resume. Even if they do get 10 million per episode, bringing to life something like One Piece requires a heck of a lot more to not look completely ridiculous, which it's bound to be at certain points, unless they go for a more realistic version which would ultimately take away from OP's charm and creativity.

It's very easy to botch, and with Netflix pulling the strings on some aspects I have a super hard time seeing how they don't botch this. If this list is true:
fnNBFDE.png

It's already kinda fucked from the get go.

Jesse Pinkman

Preeminent
So animated chopper, brook . No way they can hire an actor for them .

Adding to that one piece will need crazy budget for visual effects. The budget will likely shoot up .

MrBopo

Paramount
The ships in the netflix cowboy bepop look good so there's some hopuim that the live action will at least look good

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
It feels more like copium tbh, the hope dwindles :catsad

I know Japan hates this live adaption already

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The cast is good.

I know Emily Rudd being Nami has been hyped for about 6 months now. But the rest are good. Zoro's actor is a little too boyish for me. However, preskip Zoro had a boys face as well so.

Back