origin

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I got from NF - which I joined for the Sasukarin FC - via frequently searching for Nardo fanart of Karin on devArt.

Good times for a 13 year old girl.

I think NF was the only consistent place I joined and stayed in.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I joined NF around the time I was 16 back in 2006, around the same week as Zaru did, just 2 or 3 days later iirc. It was actually a few months or so after lurking and the whole crazy scene with that one chick getting promoted to the Konoha Library as a mod then revealing a bit later she had been acting in-character to do a huge essay for her final in some psychology or sociology course for her major at college and it freaked out a shit ton of people realizing they were being analyzed.

This was also right after Spectrum left NF.

Crazy to think all those years ago, nearly 16 now, I joined like everyone else in the early and mid 2000s being obessed with Naruto's anime.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Also I thought Kakashi was the coolest character ever same with his dad, so hence why for a long time I went through a lot of name changes back in the day with alterations of White Fang, The White Fang, TWF, Shiroi Kiba, and finally Fang.

Reactions: Ral

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Found the obd wiki after getting into JoJo when I was 16 or 17 which led me into discovering what vs debating was. Distinctly remember laughing like a fucking idiot at Exdeath's "fuck planting this tree in your garden" caption which probably contributed to me joining. Was already using this username on another jojo forum that's basically dead now.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Joined NF as Kyokkai. Apparently it was 2011 so that makes me 18 at the time.

I joined for the usual reason, was bored and found a place with a topic I felt like yapping about, Naruto. For some reason I stuck around, I don't know what made me stay in the early days. As Kyokkai I was pretty much in the shadows, known by few members.

The change to Nep Nep for better or worse made me much more visible without me even intending it. I don't regret it but I really do wonder why I stayed back then. Maybe stubbornness, wanting to show that roasting wouldn't get the best of me.

I've always been fucking weird and I think the reactions I got and my time on NF has made that abundantly clear. Young me embarrasses me on nearly every level but I do like who I've become and certainly the experiences I had there had no small part in that.

D

Deleted member 60

Unconfirmed
Joined NF in 2012 after catching up to the anime and I wanted to talk about it. Found out pretty quickly no one gave a shit about the anime and only discussed the latest manga chapter. Stuck around in convo threads from then on, never really bothered with actually discussing Naruto. The wibbly wobbly timey wimey convo thread was probably my favourite place on the board, though after they murdered the games section and the thread got moved to the Lounge it had a pretty quick death 😭

Joined staff at the start of 2018 through the application process Xiammes started. Was an absolute banter year lol.

Not one to forum hop. NF was the only forum I frequented over the past 9 years. Hopefully this can get off the ground because I don't know how long NF will survive.

Got my first very own PC at the start of 2006 so I could finally join forums properly, I was already part of many communities since 2001 or 2002 by spending way too much time and spare change on internet clubs and the such so owning a PC sure made it easier.
By 2006 I was browsing deviantart daily for bug art only to stumble upon some cool looking guy covered in bugs, I kept running into art of him so eventually I googled Shino Aburame and discovered Naruto. Anime was not a foreign concept to me at all, I've been watching Pokemon since I was 7 and I was seriously hooked on YGO later on (ironically my first ep was the one with Weevil and his beauties), I also watched Ghost in The Shell back in 05 and fell completely in love with that old school anime style. Moving to Naruto however proved rather hard at first, it all seemed way too childish and even weird at first but with time I got into it. By early 2007 we got a new classmate who saw me drawing Shino one day and got me into a local anime club, apparently anime was a huge deal in my city, the capital and the neighbouring one too. She introduced me to the gang and before I knew it I was an anime fan apparently...
By the end of 2007 I developed the need to discuss Naruto online but every forum I was part on was either movie, game or sci-fi centered so by chance I found NF and joined up as CyberSwarmKing in 2007. My first threads were ofc about Shino, ranging from how he can hold so many insects inside his body to other more geeky stuff about the bugs he uses specifically. With time I gathered friends, I got more and more into the social aspect of the place, I widened my scope to actual bug news with my first bug news thread being about the ant megacolony which was rather well received until someone started making racist jokes which was expected for the internet back then, now and forever. With time I had several relationships with one lasting almost 3 years. By 2010 due to real life complications as well as the internet not being a haven of fun, positivity or even inspiration for me I went off for an year. I eventually came back but decided to abandon my original account thus Swarmy was born in 2011. Althout my "rebirth" was nothing like the name suggests as I remained pretty much dormant until around 2017 with my activity increasing slowly. I got engaged to a NFer before that, someone who's been by my side since my early days. Unfortunately it all fell apart which greatly impacted my desire to even try and form more personal relations over the net seeing how despite us meeting in person and even meeting her mom as well it was eventually doomed to fail.

Which brings me to now. NF is objectively in a tough spot, will it actually fall this time? I can't tell, no one can. I came to this forum not for a fresh start as I'm not sure if that's even possible, I'm not even sure that's the intention of this place seeing how the main purpose is preserving and maybe even restoring the past we all miss, the past we were part of and is part of ourselves no matter how we feel about it. I believe as melodramatic as it sounds that a fresh start is impossible because NF was not the forum itself, it's the people in it, the people who formed connections, some good some bad but all real and all meaningful. We brought NF here and that's not a bad thing, the real challenge is what we do from now on. Repeat the mistakes that made us "flee" that forum in search of something different or build the impossible utopia we dreamt of back when we were kids and the net seemed like a place of endless opportunities and self expression.

In the end it's up to us.

Anyway I should go back to watching beetles humping glass bottles 20 times their size simply cause they happen to shine like the females of their species. And no this is not a joke this is the reality of being so successfull you don't even need the brain capacity to distinguish wife material from glass material... 🪲

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll keep this nice and short because my story is as tl'dr as @Planidium and would probably take up an entire thread :hestonpls

I joined NF back in 2006 when I was 13 looking for Nardos cause my oldest brother was into it and he said NF had teh mango early. I had JUST gotten into mango and that's all that I read in class (fuck textbooks yo). My first introductory post was probably in the blender or something cause I got shitted on and negged so badly even though I didn't know what rep was at the time. People also shitted on my art because I was still a noob and I gave up on that quickly and started running my own forums. Blind City (yes, it was inspired by the blind one himself and I dunno why I even created it to begin with) was my first ever forum that I started and it had Dave and the bunch who I was cool with until they disappeared years later. Then I went on to meet amazing friends like @Trinity and @Bump.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I'll keep this nice and short because my story is as tl'dr as @Planidium and would probably take up an entire thread :hestonpls

I joined NF back in 2006 when I was 13 looking for Nardos cause my oldest brother was into it and he said NF had teh mango early. I had JUST gotten into mango and that's all that I read in class (fuck textbooks yo). My first introductory post was probably in the blender or something cause I got shitted on and negged so badly even though I didn't know what rep was at the time. People also shitted on my art because I was still a noob and I gave up on that quickly and started running my own forums. Blind City (yes, it was inspired by the blind one himself and I dunno why I even created it to begin with) was my first ever forum that I started and it had Dave and the bunch who I was cool with until they disappeared years later. Then I went on to meet amazing friends like @Trinity and @Bump.

Everyone got at least one Blender pounding back in the day.

:toobicc

• Haha
Reactions: Ral

RÆM

Distinguished
Got my first very own PC at the start of 2006 so I could finally join forums properly, I was already part of many communities since 2001 or 2002 by spending way too much time and spare change on internet clubs and the such so owning a PC sure made it easier.
By 2006 I was browsing deviantart daily for bug art only to stumble upon some cool looking guy covered in bugs, I kept running into art of him so eventually I googled Shino Aburame and discovered Naruto. Anime was not a foreign concept to me at all, I've been watching Pokemon since I was 7 and I was seriously hooked on YGO later on (ironically my first ep was the one with Weevil and his beauties), I also watched Ghost in The Shell back in 05 and fell completely in love with that old school anime style. Moving to Naruto however proved rather hard at first, it all seemed way too childish and even weird at first but with time I got into it. By early 2007 we got a new classmate who saw me drawing Shino one day and got me into a local anime club, apparently anime was a huge deal in my city, the capital and the neighbouring one too. She introduced me to the gang and before I knew it I was an anime fan apparently...
By the end of 2007 I developed the need to discuss Naruto online but every forum I was part on was either movie, game or sci-fi centered so by chance I found NF and joined up as CyberSwarmKing in 2007. My first threads were ofc about Shino, ranging from how he can hold so many insects inside his body to other more geeky stuff about the bugs he uses specifically. With time I gathered friends, I got more and more into the social aspect of the place, I widened my scope to actual bug news with my first bug news thread being about the ant megacolony which was rather well received until someone started making racist jokes which was expected for the internet back then, now and forever. With time I had several relationships with one lasting almost 3 years. By 2010 due to real life complications as well as the internet not being a haven of fun, positivity or even inspiration for me I went off for an year. I eventually came back but decided to abandon my original account thus Swarmy was born in 2011. Althout my "rebirth" was nothing like the name suggests as I remained pretty much dormant until around 2017 with my activity increasing slowly. I got engaged to a NFer before that, someone who's been by my side since my early days. Unfortunately it all fell apart which greatly impacted my desire to even try and form more personal relations over the net seeing how despite us meeting in person and even meeting her mom as well it was eventually doomed to fail.

Which brings me to now. NF is objectively in a tough spot, will it actually fall this time? I can't tell, no one can. I came to this forum not for a fresh start as I'm not sure if that's even possible, I'm not even sure that's the intention of this place seeing how the main purpose is preserving and maybe even restoring the past we all miss, the past we were part of and is part of ourselves no matter how we feel about it. I believe as melodramatic as it sounds that a fresh start is impossible because NF was not the forum itself, it's the people in it, the people who formed connections, some good some bad but all real and all meaningful. We brought NF here and that's not a bad thing, the real challenge is what we do from now on. Repeat the mistakes that made us "flee" that forum in search of something different or build the impossible utopia we dreamt of back when we were kids and the net seemed like a place of endless opportunities and self expression.

Anyway I should go back to watching beetles humping glass bottles 20 times their size simply cause they happen to shine like the females of their species. And no this is not a joke this is the reality of being so successfull you don't even need the brain capacity to distinguish wife material from glass material... 🪲

kevin-hart.gif

Didn't read all of this. But just from the avatar and wall of text I assume you are Swarmy.

Hey man.

Ren

Kami Tenchi

Swarmy is that you?

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
When I was young I just wanted to talk about OP because when I was 16 in 2011 it was lame to talk about anime.

I found my way to NF. Where I was a dominantly an OBD and OL poster. Really got into new movies, books, manga, games because of my exposure. OP for me is like Dragon Ball for most other people. Since I grew up on it.

I am an avid manga/book collector now. I own all the OP/YYH/SD/ and Ultimate Muscle manga. And half of the JJBA collection.

Currently I am a soon to be college graduate. My current goals are to get better at Calcing. Travel more.

Ren

Kami Tenchi
Ok me now.

Migrated from OJ in 2019 to NF. Now I see we are getting active members that make NF getting banned and we know what that will lead to .

So here I am.

My activity on NF was a lot of crap: OL first, Arcade with PCs in mind, Cafe well that was a shit show and manga in general.

Warlordgab

Illustrious
I first joined NF mainly to be a part of the LuNa FC

The thing that sparked my interest in Vs. debates was, paradoxically, Death Battle season 1 finale; after joining a debate in another site, I saw a guy linking an OBD profile as part of his argument. I found the OBD wiki, and that led me back to NF where I found the OBD. I ended up loving the Vs. Forum, and the members of the community

Still, I was a One Piece fan first, so when a fellow Hispanic friend told me about her group of friends in Orojackson, I logged in my old account and became an active user there. I became part of a LuNa FC in that site, tried to bring some of the OBD arguments there just to meet highly active Zoro wankers. Eventually, I settled in NF when OJ went down, tried and failed to convince my friends to join NF, but many of them had such bad experiences with some despotic and vitriolic OJ mods (as well as Sanji wankers) that they chose to remain in discord

I only knew about this place because someone mentioned it in a thread from the meta, and after struggling a little to join, here I am

BTW, I wanted to share some music here too

Enjoy 😊

Jesse Pinkman

Preeminent
I dont have fancy history tbh joined to troll when i was in high school . Got banned in many forums to be fair i love passing my time when i am bored .

To be fair i am not overly attached to any forums i move from one forum to another like a vagabond lol.

Sigismund

I started lurking on the OBD back in 08, and only made an account 5 years later in 13, purely to correct someone when they said something wrong iirc

Then I just lurked around for another 7 years until Aries got me into a mafia game, and I eventually became the go to person to ping in the OBD for a time when nobody could be bothered to recite the long list of reasons why exactly Hal Jordan will more likely than not put your favorite superhero or anime character into the ground.

Now I just shitpost randomly in mafia games mostly

Delta Shell

Preeminent
I think I joined NF in 2005. It was probably One Piece, Naruto and Battledomes that took me there.

I was 20.

I'm now almost 40 :doge

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
I joined NF in 2006, not long before I turned 19. I guess I just wanted to join a forum so I'd have some sort of human contact, and Naruto seemed a reasonable subject since I'd been watching the anime at the time. Pretty sure it was still watchable then. Or maybe The Fillers had started recently, I noticed the quality drop, and I wanted answers. Who knows.

Anyway, I lurked for over a decade, until I started posting more in the waning days of the Blender. I mentioned a fondness for furry art, maybe I said feet were underrated once or twice, and the rest was history.

Back