Origins of your username choices

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
While we already have https://onelastforum.com/threads/origin.91/ for an old forum that is no longer its former self, I thought it would be cool to talk about the origin of our current and previous usernames, and how they came to be.

bsky1998 - this was my first ever username, even before joining NF (I was young and joined other sites like NeoPets and Gaia Online), and it was AOL that suggested the username because "bluesky1998" was already taken. Sky was the name of my doggo who passed away in 2002; she had beautiful blue eyes and was born in 1998. We had to put her down because the tumor she had spread into really bad cancer after it burst. I stuck with this username for a long time before Harlita, my old mentor from NF, told me I needed to find a new username for her latest project (ChikushoBaka) at the time because it wasn't a username that fit me. That leads me to my next username changeroo:

Ral - at the time, I really liked the manga Ral Ω Grad because the main protagonist was a horny teen that new nothing of the female anatomy because he was imprisoned for many years, and loved him a good set of boobs :skully I still use that username here and everywhere else simply because it's what everyone is used to calling me, except for those that know my actual irl name like @Retrolize does and occasionally calls me by my first name :blobtrin which leads me to my other half-used pseudonym...

Ralkage - this username is occasionally used by me when I go into overdrive powerslamming mode as it is a play-on name due to my past obsession with Raikage from Naruto. I hated Sasuke at the time (and still do), so when I saw his cheaty Susanoo-spawning ass dodge a massive back-breaking powerbomb from Raikage, bet your dank soul I was severely pissed off with Kishimoto with that cheese. Ral = current username and Kage = Japanese word for "Shadow" and often recognized by few as "Ral of the Shadows"

So, what are the origins of YOUR username choices over the years?

Supertrogdorman, TrogdorMan, Trog, etc. - Once upon a time there was a website called Homestar Runner dot com. My first experience with it was at a friends house in 2003 or so, and didn't care about it even remotely.
Flash forward to 2007-2008. My dad buys an Xbox 360 completely unprompted, and eventually Guitar Hero 2.
Within this game is a shop that sells songs not present in the career mode. One of them is called "Trogdor." A heavy metal song about a dragon sung by a fictional character from a flash cartoon called "Homestar Runner"

I never recovered.

Ruffles - This one was made up on the spot in the only intentionally considerate instance of adminfuckery I've ever seen.
My previous username was too similar to one I used on another forum, which at the time could mean I got in trouble. if you know, you know.
I don't know what it means or where the idea came from.

• Support
Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't know what it means or where the idea came from.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i've said this before but jane doe because i'm enigmatic

• Support

Maddie

Acclaimed
Madason is the name of the main character of Dragon Quest V so always use the name Madason. I'm a fag so I shorten it to Maddie.

• Support

Sigismund

jjshawn- I was young and as a theme I'm bad at names so just picked this
ssjjshawn - just jjshawn, but young me was into DBZ so I put a Super Saiyan prefix on it. IIRC that was around the time I failed at writting a couple of DBZ fanfics, no idea if they still exist
Cszar - I wanted Tsar as a Username for a game, but it was already taken. So was Tzar, Csar and Czar, but Cszar wasn't
Sigismund- to update away from ssjjshawn, took the name from 30k's Sigismund

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Stocking Anarchy is named after Stocking from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, in the long running tradition of naming myself after Gurren Lagann and Trigger related usernames (TTGL, STTGL, Amanda O'Neill, Galo de Lion).

Dwimmerlaik

Changer of Ways
I go by many names

This one is a reference to LOTR, and Tolkien himself got it from Old English. It basically means the occult, witchcraft, etc

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I picked Aurelian originally because I am a Romaboo, then Trinity mod-fucked it to Orwellian which I liked and stuck with for awhile the The Hunter because I am a Bloodborne fanboy then The Knight for awhile because of Dark Souls and Elden Ring, then back to Aurelian.

Back