• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Suggestion Resolved Philosophy section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubey

The Formality
Got any suggestions that'll help bring back Philosophy as a topic here? :hm

Definitely:

Infinite regress and its implications (Zeno)
Kantian sublime
Kantian antinomies
Hegelian holism and dialectics
Leibniz’s monads
etiological cause of the universe
The absolute
Recursion in logic and math
Isomorphic forms
Idealism of berkeley
Spinoza’s dues es natura
Consequentialism and axiological ethics
Logic in general but definitely tautologies
Teleological argument for the universe
Entropy vs syntropy

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
It's probably better to accept that such sections don't really work and not repeat old mistakes

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
For those of us who want something deep to discuss.
Would you be okay simply using a prefix?

I am willing to bring it back under the condition that it will be used instead of abandoned. Otherwise, it's simply clutter that will need to be consolidated again.

My plan is to make the forum navigation and nodes more simplistic until a prefix or subsection meets a decent activity quota and receives strong engagement. And if that happens, it can be part of OLF's draw and placed underneath the big sections like OBD and Mafia.

Reactions: Ral

Cubey

The Formality
Would you be okay simply using a prefix?

I am willing to bring it back under the condition that it will be used instead of abandoned. Otherwise, it's simply clutter that will need to be consolidated again.

My plan is to make the forum navigation and nodes more simplistic until a prefix or subsection meets a decent activity quota and receives strong engagement. And if that happens, it can be part of OLF's draw and placed underneath the big sections like OBD and Mafia.

Yeah I’ll just do that. But I figured it was worth asking even if it was a long shot.

It’s okay you can trash this now.

Yeah I’ll just do that. But I figured it was worth asking even if it was a long shot.

It’s okay you can trash this now.
You don't need to feel so defeated
It's a solid idea, and I'm pretty sure I was in support of it when we had it before, we just don't have the right group of people for it overall.

Don't listen to this guy
It's probably better to accept that such sections don't really work and not repeat old mistakes
He's the voice in your head that you aren’t supposed to listen to (self-doubt)

Cubey

The Formality
You don't need to feel so defeated
It's a solid idea, and I'm pretty sure I was in support of it when we had it before, we just don't have the right group of people for it overall.

Don't listen to this guy

He's the voice in your head that you aren’t supposed to listen to (self-doubt)

Maybe just add the tag then?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I've been busy but I'm gonna get to this very soon!

I'll also add a stoicism prefix just for you, Dupela. Marcus Aurelius is the m a n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back