Nintendo Switch Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I liked Unova for the region itself, never cared for the Pokemon, I *love* Unova and its music and secrets and quests

Kalos has Z came out would have overtaken Hoenn for me. I wish XY are given justice when the remakes ever come out

Unlikely. That's Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Dragonball, Naruto,... to a lesser degree Assassins Creed.

Their new iterations are all dumpster fires. All series I once enjoyed but can now only enjoy the older versions.

Speaking of... I'm going to continue my DBZ rewatch, just hit the early buu saga.

Maddie

Acclaimed
XY can be best comparable to Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, but in some ways was more tragic:

-Potentially good plot dealing with the spirits of the past's regret over the use of a destructive super weapon
-New "giant"/"mega" monsters/forms
-Both come out super half-baked with a pisspoor post-game

But in the end, Joker 2 got the amazing "Professional" Re-Release which was glorious. XY got... Nothing. Least it's evened out by Americans never getting to experience DQMJ2:PRO

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I liked Megas, they just did what they always do and gave them to popular Pokemon rather than use them as a balancing tool to make irrelevant Pokemon better.

Like all the generations have their own sort of stat spread and gen 1 tended to be more well rounded with each generation creeping up the stat totals and making stats more specialized.

130-150 on any individual stat used to be reserved for top tier legendaries and now basically any old Pokemon has 130 in at least one stat.

Older Pokemon needed that same boon to keep up.

Some Schlub

Preeminent
Valid Kricketune idea:

Fury Cutter w/ Metronome, Sticky Web, Perish Song, [Some Fourth Thing, maybe Aerial Ace or Taunt]

Max out Attack, have something with Cosmic Power and Baton Pass set up defensive buffs...like, say, for instance, this Lopunny I have with Cosmic Power and Baton Pass. :mhm

Some Schlub

Preeminent
Hey, since my White version of 11+ years crapped out, I need something decent to take up my time raising, goddamit. :C

Some Schlub

Preeminent
Valid Kricketune idea:

Fury Cutter w/ Metronome, Sticky Web, Perish Song, Brick Break

Max out Attack, have something with Cosmic Power and Baton Pass set up defensive buffs...like, say, for instance, this Lopunny I have with Cosmic Power and Baton Pass. :mhm
Pitting this Kricketune up against the "competitive" Gym Leaders has mixed, but generally favorable results. :doge

Reactions: Ral
Back