Pokemon Reborn

RDK

Marvelous
Does anyone play?

I've been having quite a lot of fun with it but it's VERY challenging...

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I thought about it but the more I read about it seemed that the challenge was not skill based but more, we're going to restrict you hard while NPCs have full options.

I like Pokemon Insurgence better. It's challenging but you're given all of the tools you need early on to breed a perfect team. So rather than forcing unfair bs on you while pitting you against competitive teams, it's competitive teams vs competitive teams.

Reborn is like when you start over a JRPG and turn on the no experience, only starting weapon option. Some people like that I guess, but I personally don't.

RDK

Marvelous
I thought about it but the more I read about it seemed that the challenge was not skill based but more, we're going to restrict you hard while NPCs have full options.

I like Pokemon Insurgence better. It's challenging but you're given all of the tools you need early on to breed a perfect team. So rather than forcing unfair bs on you while pitting you against competitive teams, it's competitive teams vs competitive teams.

Reborn is like when you start over a JRPG and turn on the no experience, only starting weapon option. Some people like that I guess, but I personally don't.
I love it but it's quite a grind for sure

would be nice to turn the difficulty down just slightly. ill show my team l8r

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I love it but it's quite a grind for sure

would be nice to turn the difficulty down just slightly. ill show my team l8r

Sadly I lost my insurgence file ages ago. A shame too, one time I tried to get people into it by providing a competitive ready Torchick, Totodile, and Snivy with their HA's some good moves, and even a few that were fully ev trained.

Didn't work. I bred 30 of those fucks. -sigh-

You can trade really early on so I was going to give everyone one starter of their choice.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Oh here's some pics

With my Mega Eevee party

BHHKaSY.jpg

B0YLZ0a.jpg

0YZTIBp.jpg

BXINObg.jpg

OG team with Mega Flygon

qvPJLxG.jpg

RDK

Marvelous
Sadly I lost my insurgence file ages ago. A shame too, one time I tried to get people into it by providing a competitive ready Torchick, Totodile, and Snivy with their HA's some good moves, and even a few that were fully ev trained.

Didn't work. I bred 30 of those fucks. -sigh-

You can trade really early on so I was going to give everyone one starter of their choice.
i may start a save, you should too

RDK

Marvelous
Gross as it may sound I'm actually playing through Sword and Violet, considering that despite years/months long boycott, 20 million idiots still bought it so. Might as well at this point...
god speed with that game

Pokemon Reborn, going past the quite frankly "2 Edgy 4 Me" storyline and abysmal characters is honestly the worst way to ever make a RomHack of Pokemon:

Not only have the Trainers have perfect IVs and Smogon-tier movesets but then give them usually major stat advantages over your characters AND add in Field bullshit that primarily benefits them leagues more than you AND you have to consistently do sidequests to even give yourself the variety needed to even get anywhere.

I've been looking at someone doing an LP of it(though it's more to the original style, not videos) and sweet merciful fuck, does it look absolutely bullshit(Whose the fuck right mind is it to make you face a level 75 Ditto that can become a Perfect IV ARCEUS and the only known viable way to win without cheating is to hope and pray you can Destiny Bond/Perish Song first before it kills you) and it just gets worse from there.

RDK

Marvelous
Pokemon Reborn, going past the quite frankly "2 Edgy 4 Me" storyline and abysmal characters is honestly the worst way to ever make a RomHack of Pokemon:

Not only have the Trainers have perfect IVs and Smogon-tier movesets but then give them usually major stat advantages over your characters AND add in Field bullshit that primarily benefits them leagues more than you AND you have to consistently do sidequests to even give yourself the variety needed to even get anywhere.

I've been looking at someone doing an LP of it(though it's more to the original style, not videos) and sweet merciful fuck, does it look absolutely bullshit(Whose the fuck right mind is it to make you face a level 75 Ditto that can become a Perfect IV ARCEUS and the only known viable way to win without cheating is to hope and pray you can Destiny Bond/Perish Song first before it kills you) and it just gets worse from there.
It's extremely hard but I enjoy that. You gotta basically grind your pikemon to the max obedience before every gym battle and then match up with types

Do you have a rom version that you enjoy more?

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
That's every Pokémon fangame these days. Forcing you to make a full competitive-level team for every opponent using only in-game tools defeats the purpose of what makes the game fun honestly.

• Agree
Reactions: Ral

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
That's every Pokémon fangame these days. Forcing you to make a full competitive-level team for every opponent using only in-game tools defeats the purpose of what makes the game fun honestly.

I guess you don't mean Pokemon Insurgence in that case, considering it has easy ways to grind out a perfect party. I don't mind making a competitive party... the problem is games like Reborn don't let you get hidden abilities or perfect movesets.

In insurgence, before gym 1 you can catch a Delta Pokemon (type change) that can help you get through Gym 1's sun team. After that you have access to breeding, all important breeding items, a mini game that makes money fast, and a secret base that lets you have ev trainers, level trainers, items, healing, and access to wild mon with hidden abilities all in one place.

So before gym 2 you can immediately start crafting competitive ready mons and do it very easily, and once you finish there's no need to grind ever again. IV's aren't important.

Back