V.I.P. Member
how we feeling about the last two reveals
cyclizar.png

grafaiai.png

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
kinda wish Cyclizard had been the bike pokemon instead of the legendary ngl

feels weird to me when they throw the legendary into the story too much, they don't really feel as special any more

I'm fine with graffiti lemur, not a standout to me but it's a fun retry of Smeargle's gimmick

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
kinda wish Cyclizard had been the bike pokemon instead of the legendary ngl

feels weird to me when they throw the legendary into the story too much, they don't really feel as special any more

I'm fine with graffiti lemur, not a standout to me but it's a fun retry of Smeargle's gimmick

Seriously, they need to go back to being secrets for exploring different places.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Seriously, they need to go back to being secrets for exploring different places.
encounters like mewtwo or even lugia and ho-oh being sparsely mentioned by townspeople before you ever encountered them were really cool. Emerald also handled it well, they really benefit from restraint wrt legends

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
encounters like mewtwo or even lugia and ho-oh being sparsely mentioned by townspeople before you ever encountered them were really cool. Emerald also handled it well, they really benefit from restraint wrt legends

Regis were a bit much imo. But they never went that nuts again lol.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
NONONONNONONONONO YOU GOD DAMN PIECES OF SHIT!

Meowscarda.jpeg

WHAT THE FUCK GAME FREAK?!? No no! You failed AGAIN. You have made another batch of GARBAGE starters. Fire the designer. No. Do it NOW.

Literally this furry teenager did better.

full_fanmade_sprigatito_evolution_line_by_papilrux_df4eqx2-pre.jpg

Like are you fucking JOKING game freak?

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
lmao

fuecoco gang won as I predicted :realone:

though skeledirge is still not like, an all time great design or anything

this gen is really fucking weird though lol from the leaks
the legendary quartet in particular

also we got the worst designed most generic pseudo legendary ever

lmao

• Agree
Reactions: Ral

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
FhKnH8-XEAASzmt.jpg

What even IS this?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This looks awful! Why does it have a fat ass? Just why whywhywhywhywhyyyyyyyy?

FM2K45xaAAYcNAv

Hire this person. GET rid of the failure that's making these nasty ass evos in the first pic.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
You know what pisses me off even more? They look fine in 2D.

FhI1NJGXkAE4Pml

Fucking Gamefreak just goes, looks fine on paper! Slap it in! GOGOGOGOGO Gotta release a new game every year for no god damned reason!

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I mean I get to choose the fire type now and I like the fire type more than the other two types... but ffs. Why GF? Why has it been 3 gens with no good starter designs for the final evos?

STOP. THE. FUCKING. HUMANOIDS.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I am usually such a sucker for dinosaurlike pokemon but man
FhOcQiNUUAAbERj

this is insanely bad, like bottom 10 designs in the franchise for me

i never thought I'd see a pokemon suck for being under designed
the hell are those red claws even for? why does it have no surface detail at all? Even Johto pokemon have more than that and their whole thing is being streamlined

closest thing to a spinosaurus we;ve ever gotten too and they didn't capitalize on that at all, SMH

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I am usually such a sucker for dinosaurlike pokemon but man
FhOcQiNUUAAbERj

this is insanely bad, like bottom 10 designs in the franchise for me

i never thought I'd see a pokemon suck for being under designed
the hell are those red claws even for? why does it have no surface detail at all? Even Johto pokemon have more than that and their whole thing is being streamlined

closest thing to a spinosaurus we;ve ever gotten too and they didn't capitalize on that at all, SMH

The problem is their textures. For whatever reason they have this over done gloss shader that they apply to every damn Pokemon over a flat color texture... Calling it a texture is honestly insulting, I should say color swatch.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
even when this one gets the 2d treatment there just....isn't anything there
it looks like a rejected design that would've gotten remade into Aggron or something

and naturally it has maybe the best stats of any pseudo legend :lul

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
even when this one gets the 2d treatment there just....isn't anything there
it looks like a rejected design that would've gotten remade into Aggron or something

and naturally it has maybe the best stats of any pseudo legend :lul

It would help if they bothered to you know, give each Pokemon a unique pose as if it was a 2D sprite? Y'know give it some personality instead of just standing their stupidly in a basic npc pose.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I am normally all for simplified designs this is one of the first times im just kinda shocked at how there's just nothing to work with there

like why does it have those red wolverine claws? how do they relate to the design in any way?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Bro GameFreak should just fire all of its creative designers for the mons and bring in some fresh talent and fresh minds lmao

I played the Scarlet leak, not impressed so far, and the lag is horrendous, though, we'll see of this day 1 patch nonsense.

Back