Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Bro GameFreak should just fire all of its creative designers for the mons and bring in some fresh talent and fresh minds lmao

I played the Scarlet leak, not impressed so far, and the lag is horrendous, though, we'll see of this day 1 patch nonsense.

I was almost excited a little bit again for this shit and the starter designs fucked it all.

I miss the days of liking all 3 starters, or even just 2.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I was almost excited a little bit again for this shit and the starter designs fucked it all.

I miss the days of liking all 3 starters, or even just 2.
Nothing beats finally smoking Arceus bitch ass in Legends; easiest boss patterns ever, but wonderful concept to make it a bitch challenging. This new generation will never know what it was like to experience Pokemon in all its glory when it hit the USA.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Nothing beats finally smoking Arceus bitch ass in Legends; easiest boss patterns ever, but wonderful concept to make it a bitch challenging. This new generation will never know what it was like to experience Pokemon in all its glory when it hit the USA.

Sadly the gaming industry has inserted crappy practices to be the norm for the new gen.

• Agree
Reactions: Ral

Maddie

Acclaimed
This is to show how unimpressive Pokemon has got:

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 3D took at most less than three years to make given Joker 2 Pro came out on DS on March of 2011 and M2 3D came out on 3DS in February of 2014 and they made Terry's Wonderland 3D in 2012. So 2-3 year developmnent.

Doubtless it was a smaller team and smaller budget. This was a spinoff game from a subsidiary of a subsidiary of Square Enix. Probs a bit less than Gamefreak's expenditures.

It was on 3DS 8 years ago

And beside one visual bug I found when going through one of the millions of randomly generated seeds, the game runs better, looks about as good, and has way more soul and effort put into it.

GF has NO excuse

• Agree

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
This is to show how unimpressive Pokemon has got:

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 3D took at most less than three years to make given Joker 2 Pro came out on DS on March of 2011 and M2 3D came out on 3DS in February of 2014 and they made Terry's Wonderland 3D in 2012. So 2-3 year developmnent.

Doubtless it was a smaller team and smaller budget. This was a spinoff game from a subsidiary of a subsidiary of Square Enix. Probs a bit less than Gamefreak's expenditures.

It was on 3DS 8 years ago

And beside one visual bug I found when going through one of the millions of randomly generated seeds, the game runs better, looks about as good, and has way more soul and effort put into it.

GF has NO excuse
I still believe that they skipped QA altogether, used this game as another playground for another layup we'll see next year, and the cycle repeats itself with the same formula, just getting worse each year. It's also still selling like gamer girl bath water because the fanboys and fangirls would buy even a stick with some fur on it if The Pokemon Company deemed it new merch just as GF would with a new Pokemon game.

I also think they just copy and pasted a bunch of 3D assets they had laying around cause even the cities are placed into the world with no artistic detail such as a dirt rock road leading into each city. It's like a recent video I watched where they were building new modern towns in Zimbabwe and the shit dirt roads cut straight into street asphalt. I mean, I guess that explains why there's random street lights in that loopy construction pit in the game whereas they could of just as easily popped in a spotlight or two...

The game overall is poorly designed, though the formula this time seems a bit different with the cross-types they introduced. The only other issue I have is that they are losing their creativity with these stupid mons they keep adding that also look like dog shit. Wigglet will forever look like a sperm cell and it's evolution either looks like three beef franks or three dog dicks, I dunno at this point tbh :blobfacade

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
You've gotta be kidding me with this shit man. This is messier than AC Unity's release version!

Man fuck this shit. I hoped foolishly that they would do better but fuck it, I could have dealt with the starter designs but now just no. Just no.

Gonna stick with Astral Chain and Links Awakening remake for my first Switch games.

Fucking sad man. GF is run by fucking knuckle dragging troglodytes.

• Agree

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I still believe that they skipped QA altogether, used this game as another playground for another layup we'll see next year, and the cycle repeats itself with the same formula, just getting worse each year. It's also still selling like gamer girl bath water because the fanboys and fangirls would buy even a stick with some fur on it if The Pokemon Company deemed it new merch just as GF would with a new Pokemon game.

I also think they just copy and pasted a bunch of 3D assets they had laying around cause even the cities are placed into the world with no artistic detail such as a dirt rock road leading into each city. It's like a recent video I watched where they were building new modern towns in Zimbabwe and the shit dirt roads cut straight into street asphalt. I mean, I guess that explains why there's random street lights in that loopy construction pit in the game whereas they could of just as easily popped in a spotlight or two...

The game overall is poorly designed, though the formula this time seems a bit different with the cross-types they introduced. The only other issue I have is that they are losing their creativity with these stupid mons they keep adding that also look like dog shit. Wigglet will forever look like a sperm cell and it's evolution either looks like three beef franks or three dog dicks, I dunno at this point tbh :blobfacade

You can name your Wiglett evo 3xRed Rocket.

• Skully

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
tinkaton is shockingly my favorite this gen

never thought I'd say that as every other gen my favorite is either a dinosaur or a bug or something abstract

little fairy with a giant hammer thats also a jackass and knocks giant metal birds out of the sky is great though

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
clodsire is a 10/10 design, ridiculously friend shaped
Bro Wooper is a vibe too

p07_02.jpg

I called him Lil Pooper teehee

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
reddit logo lookin ass

What's worse is, he looks like he could have a solid niche but I just don't wanna use that bitch.

Meanwhile I got Tinkatuff in my party with good looks and dumb stats.

They can make all the broken ass legendaries but Tink can't have at least 100 base atk. Fuccck outta here.

They made Aegislash but Tink can't get better than 94 speed. Smdh.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I don’t understand how Tink’s ability wasn’t Huge Power

Azumarill gets that but not the fairy with a 2 ton hammer?????

GF is so ass at balance which is why I stopped caring about competitive

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I don’t understand how Tink’s ability wasn’t Huge Power

Azumarill gets that but not the fairy with a 2 ton hammer?????

GF is so ass at balance which is why I stopped caring about competitive

They're trying to balance her signature move, but they forgot they alread only allowed it to be used every other turn.

Also it has great defensive typing but its defenses and hp are just okay. Stupid af. Still gonna use her but Sylveon is better...

Back