• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Pokemon TCG

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Recently my son started getting into the cards, and while I've been a fan all my life and collected them, I never actually really played them at all and the game seems
-pretty interesting
-waaaaay the fuck different than I thought it was meant to be played as a kid, which is probably why I didn't enjoy it back then

What are your thoughts, favorite cards/eras/etc

I'm really partial to the EX era, and from what I'm reading the meta surrounding that time period seems to be the most fun and interesting. The Delta Species cards are my favorites, wish they weren't so damn expensive.
90126.jpg
84919.jpg

76bd3f06-e0d0-58c7-87e8-b31e273230b0_7254bf38-4715-4a1b-86af-240a53da33ba_800x.jpg

Also really miss the worldbuilding old sets had, all the stadiums and stuff gave this weird mysterious feeling that the older Gen games also shared, but newer ones have lacked. The 3d art on many modern cards also looks quite bad somehow compared to the far lower fidelity 3D cards made in the 90s and 2000s. I want to build a Tyranitar deck to play against my son, but all options look ugly as hell lol

86151.jpg

74.jpg

85f70599aaf3434a42d16b6b5e6461e4e412d0249f7c6998ce1bac31af5feb21.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ral
Basically never played it as a game but I have a shoebox full of cards I'm definitely going to look through when I get home, and probably post pictures of some of the interesting ones.

I have a shit ton of the e-reader labeled cards from back when that was a thing but I think literally all of them are grass "energy" cards

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Basically never played it as a game but I have a shoebox full of cards I'm definitely going to look through when I get home, and probably post pictures of some of the interesting ones.

I have a shit ton of the e-reader labeled cards from back when that was a thing but I think literally all of them are grass "energy" cards
got quite a few from this era too, but they're back at home with my parents in storage and no clue if they know where they are currently. Would love to get them back though

Back